some one tell me the answer please.....

Dizzy1968

Silver Member
Right, I know its wrong, but I also know I am not the only guilty party in this.........

I get on my scales every morning, in the same clothes ( well nightie n pants lol)
I do this as I just like to see the weight coming off for my own reassurance, I know the difference between my chemists scales and mine, I will always weigh 2lb heavier on her, so when i started I weighed exactly 15 on mine and 15 2 on hers and was the same week 2, hers 2lb in front of mine.

Mine are quite good digital scales so I sort of trust them.

Well for the last 3 weeks now I have lost each day til Saturday morning THEN on each Sunday morning I am heavier???

For example, last week by Saturday morning I had lost 8lb, by Sunday I had some how found 2lb and only lost 6lb, got to chemist Monday for WI and was 6lb off.

This week has been the same, by Saturday had lost 8lb, now this morning I have gained 3 blimmin' lb over night and have only lost 5lb!!!!!!

By not doing anythng wrong AND exercising like a demon all week??

I just need an explanation if anyone has one?
There has been no change each day in my amount of water I drink, as I have bottles in the fridge that I get through each day to check I am drinking the right amount, plus I must get through 20 cups of green tea also!

I really know I should keep off of them, but that is easier said than done lol x

HELP????

dont get me wrong if it 5lb at WI tomorrow then thats great, I will be more than happy with that, just need to know where this "extra" weight keeps coming from, I would like to blame a small demon that obviously only works on a Saturday evening ( night -shift demon maybe?) sneaking in and attaching these pounds back on me just to be cruel!

I cant think of any explanation apart from body fluid fluctuations, it can also work the other way sometimes - no loss for days then a woosh! Its just one of the wonderful mysteries of our bodies when doing a VLCD lol x

I know, it doesn't make any sense at all! Like you I weigh myself every morning in the same clothes. My digital scales has been exactly 4lbs heavier for years. I weighed myself the day I started and yep was 4lbs heavier then the chemist said. So everyday I'd take 4 off in my head.

Then for some reason the day of my 1st weigh in the chemist weighed me the exact same as my own. So I thought I'd lost 12 when in fact i'd lost 8! Either my scales has miraculously fixed itself to be the same as the chemist or there's something very strange going on!

Your weight will fluctuate throughout the week, it's inevitable depending on fluid levels and some other factors that are beyond your control. I know for a fact that my weight can fluctuate up to 4lbs from the morning to the evening in any given day. My advice is to stay the off the scales inbetween your weekly weigh-in. The fluctuations will f--- with your mind, get your hopes up and then dash them again. Make peace with the fact that your weight will fluctuate and try and tell yourself it's the weekly weigh-in that counts. It's the best way to stay sane and at the end of the day, you will lose the same amount of weight but this way you won't be torturing yourself!

Mayb with the exercise which is great your building up your muscle and in turn your toning up? Muscle is heavier than fat so this could affect the scales. Try taking measurements this week keep up the exercise and see if u find a difference in the inches you lose instead of the pounds.
This happened me the first time round and was very disheartened but clothes were still fitting that bit better xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

thanks all, still so annoying though, and yes Sarah, I do think WOW what a week when it looks good then get quite disappointed when weigh in comes lol BUT I still cant help but do it, apart from throwing the scales out,which I doubt I will do, I shall just continue to torture myself I suppose, just seemed strange that it was the same days each week, oh well x

well there you go, 5lb off this week, when buy friday I had lost 8 grrrrrrrrr, my consultant is now thinking i have a demon coming in and just attaching it too me lmao! oh well at least we had a laugh!

Back