some random questions. help please!!!

xojxojxoj

Food is not my friend :(
hello everyone.

i have only been doing slimming world for a few days, and i have a few questions so if anyone can help i would really appreciate it.

1 - if i have a muller light, or anything else free as a snack, i.e chicken or mugshot.. do i still need to have 1/3 superfree with that?? i was going to have a muller light just now but really dont want any fruit so i just didnt bother.

2 - has anyone got any good tips on these katy pancakes, i have seen loads of threads about them and pics but when i tried to make them this morning they just didnt work, they tasted lovely (from the bit i tasted) but they just stuck and burnt and when i tried to turn them over they just fell apart...

3 - how much should i be eating a day, obviously i know there isnt a strict amount but im struggling to eat because of the 1/3 superfree. like if i want to snack on something, i just want that i dont want the 1/3 all the time. im starting to get sick of it already. im determined to stick to ee all week, in hope that i can get it better. if not, after first wi i might go back to red and green which i understand fully.

as you might see im not very good with change lol. im trying my best but im finding it abit confusing.

4 - i have just forced a fruit salad down my neck, after quorn sausage, eggs, beans and tomatoes.. did i need to do that because afterwards it clicked that tomatoes could have been my 1/3 superfree??? is this right??

thanks n advance xxx

The 1/3 superfree should be with meals....if U have a muller light for a snack U don't need fruit with it if U don't want....no u didn't need the fruit after ur cooked brekkie because tomatos are superfree :) x

Never force yourself to eat anything you dont want to. The third superfree is generally with meals as it limits the amount of more calorific free food on your plate, but if you have your meal without and are satisfied, there is no need to eat anything else! You would be eating food that your body doesnt need and will be overeating, which is what leads to weight gain.

Eat what you want. there is no amount. I eat 3 meals and 2 snacks, as thats what my natural eating rhythm is like. I have a snack and a coffee at around 3pm, which is usually a bit of fruit or fruit and yogurt if i'm really hungry. After the kids go to bed is when I like to spend some syns, so that snack is usually chocolate or crisps etc. But you eat whenever your body tells you to, not because you think you should or shouldnt. SW is about learning healthy eating habits as well as losing weight. Its important to eat when you are hungry and stop when you arent.

Good luck! I found it took me about 3 weeks to get myself settled with it and now i see it as a second nature!

thank you very much for your help.. i do get very confused.
like now, im having a mugshot for snack/lunch, to keep me going until later when i'm having roast chicken yum yum... so i'm having a fruit salad and banana straight after my mugshot.. is this right??

my chicken roast will consist of chicken, seasoned with lots of different powder seasonings.. (im hoping these are syn free) with mashed potato, and mixed veg. gravy which i will syn.

i hope im getting the hang of this lol xx

thanks again for your help xxxx

That all sounds fine, but as a suggestion, try and have the fruit before the mugshot, you may find that you dont want the mugshot or you might not want all of it. Try and fill up on superfree as much as you can, but its fine to do it your way too! Just mentioning it as you might find your loss abit faster if you reverse it.

It is very confusing at first but it does become easier! Have a look at the newbie threads at the top of the page, they are so helpful!

Just have the mugshot. Eat what you like from the free, when you want it. Try to have super free with dinner but this is easy if you cook curries/ stews/bolegnaise etc. you can pack these with veggies.

You don't have to have super free religiously with each thing you eat. That would be boring and difficult. However, as you notice your weight loss improving the more you add, the more you will want! But in the first few weeks take it easy on yourself. These are probably big changes to your eating and it should be pleasurable, because that is what makes it sustainable.

I am happy to answer any questions you have... Just pop them on my food diary page and I will get back to you. X

Back