Somehow the scales don't matter anymore....?

Coley

Re-starter
OK, So I'm a daily weigher like a lot of people. My scales are different from my CDC's which is fine. I don't have a problem with seeing funny numbers on the scales - I don't get upset. I just have a compulsion to jump on the scales.

However, I'm finding that the scales are becoming less and less important. Even my CDC's scales.

Last 2 weeks, I've had 2lbs official loss. Now, that's fine but mathematically if I've been good it should even out to 3lbs a week.

I'm strangely un-bothered by lack of results on the scales though. It's a bit confusing.

I know I've been perfect and did all the right things. It's like the scales don't have such a hold on me anymore. Why I'm not upset at scales not being "correct"?:confused:

It's not as if I'm going by how my clothes feel, or measurements. I get on my CDC's scales and I feel myself thinking..."oh..that's nice...now on with more important things :confused::confused::confused::confused:"

It's all a bit weird. Maybe I'll snap out of it soon :rolleyes:

Reactions: KD
Thats great, sadly for me the scales still have a wicked, evil hold over me :(

See...I don't know if it's great or not. If they somehow go the other way....will I be equally un-bothered??:confused:

Don't worry about your scales. It's not normal to be not bothered with scales. I'm just a bit strange.

I know I've been perfect and did all the right things. It's like the scales don't have such a hold on me anymore. Why I'm not upset at scales not being "correct"?:confused:

Ummm. Me thinks you've been reading too many of my posts ;)

Either that or you've had a major lightbulb there Nicole :cool:

Quite possibly KD. However....I'm on rations. I eat way less than maintainers like yourself.

I think I might care about the scales again when I get to maintainance. Just think that at the moment the diet is foolproof.

That's why I'm confused. Surely, I should be annoyed that the foolproof diet isn't showing properly on the scales?

i actually feel quite like this now, i think its because i am genuinely feeling happy with the place i am at, that weight doesnt actually seem important anymore!!

I am also a little like that -I weigh daily when I first get up and I see that as my progress. I also weigh in officially every two weeks which I find means I don't focus as intensely on my progress but it evens out. And again like you I am trusting in the power of letting CD do its thing - if you let it it will work.

I am the lightest I have been in years and years and anyday soon I will see the 12's which I thought was impossible at the start of the diet.

Don't be too worried about feeling like this, enjoy the freedom of it. And if once you get to maintenance you become more occupied with what the scales say perhaps once you see that maintenance works and provides you with the comfort SS does at the moment you will get back to how you are feeling now.

That is certainly what I am looking for!!

Sorry this turned into a ramble, probably too early!!

i think its a good thing to lose that focus on the scales....yes, its important to be losing weight, but the diet wont fail if your doing it 100% and thats the bit that keeps me going....i dont fail the diet, so it doesnt fail me....i have total faith in CD now....so the scales are a wonderful bonus...but size 12 jeans are even more wonderful!

Well doone hun, hold that thought!:D

xx

i am not quite there yet. if the scales don't move for a few days i do get pissed off BUT i am on SS so i think it's understandable to get frustrated only eating 4 packs a day and water and the scales not moving down! if i were on 1000 or something it would be easier to take as you could take carb fluctuations into account.

I think I might care about the scales again when I get to maintainance. Just think that at the moment the diet is foolproof.

Ahhh, but maintenance is foolproof too, once you know what your 'level'. Same science ;) You know that if you keep to a VLCD you will lose fat whatever the scales say. I know that if I keep to what I need to eat, then the fat levels will stay the same whatever. So, it's not as different as you may think.

That's why I'm confused. Surely, I should be annoyed that the foolproof diet isn't showing properly on the scales?
Silly scales aren't they ;)

! if i were on 1000 or something it would be easier to take as you could take carb fluctuations into account.

But you still get water fluctuations..hormones etc. Also, when fat leaves the fat cells, they can often fill up with water until they feel in the mood to release it and you get a whoosh.

It's the same. The scales don't tell the whole story. They weigh your heart, your liver, your lungs, your kidneys, your blood and bones, your hair ;) It's unrealistic to expect all these other things to stay exactly at the same weight each day so you can just see fat loss :)

I know that in my head KD but it doesn't make me any less frustrated when the scales don't move i'm afraid lol!

Ahhh, but maintenance is foolproof too, once you know what your 'level'.

Oh nooooooooo though!! It seems all wrong on my head. VCLD is fine, cause it's liquid. I can visualise it just going through me...doesn't stick anywhere. When I eat food...it'll sit as a lump somewhere or I'll have strange protein and veg shaped lumps on my body somewhere. It somehow counts more???

So, it's not as different as you may think.

Head space seems different. Surely you thought that real food counts more?:confused:

Silly scales aren't they ;)
yeah...still silly. At least got that bit licked for the moment.:D

This is one of those wierd threads that just becomes confusing the more you try to understand it! But, i think i'm with you on this, i scale hop all the time but seem less bothered by the results, i think its 'cos i know its going to work so it almost seems irrelevent how much/ how long it takes. I think thats a good thing- isn't it?! I'm still ss'ing so i do worry about if i'll ever get to that point with real food though, thats a whole new challenge which is quite scary! All 'food for thought!!'..... xx

Back