Something I Use As Motivation

westiegirl

Gold Member
I am on restart number 632 (well at least it feels like it) and I have recently been listening to a CD called Stop Comfort Eating by David Brookes.

I really enjoy listening to it and there are lots of positive messages that I want to remind myself of without listening to 30 minutes of CD.

I have basically condensed some of these thoughts into a sheet that I have stuck around the house - especially on the fridge and kitchen cupboards.

Sometimes I think that these things are a bit of new age mumbo jumbo but these thoughts are quite simple, but when faced with a food craving I conveniently switch my brain off and forget how bad I will feel after I have eaten!

I thought that I would like to share these thoughts for anyone who is struggling and wanting to reach for food whilst doing this crazy diet. Afterall if we are in ketosis we can't be hungry so there is obviously something else going on.

I have attached my file as a pdf so I hope they are readable and they can help us!

Attachments

• David Brookes Stars.pdf
    41.9 KB · Views: 192
Hey! That's excellent! Some great thought put down there.

(Even got my favourite on there too about the want not equalling the action ;) )

WTG!

Hey! That's excellent! Some great thought put down there.

(Even got my favourite on there too about the want not equalling the action ;) )

WTG!

Thanks KD, I've been meaning to type this up all week (started it last Sunday) and tbh your comments on my thread yesterday about the want not equalling the action actually gave me the kick up the bum to 1) stick to CD today and 2) finish writing this. :D

hiya westie! i'ts always great to have a little something to remind us why we're here doing this rocky path of becoming healthier people.

just after i started my obnoxious cycle of picking and nibbling, i made a list and posted it on the fridge.

thanks for attaching the file. i'll have a peek!

Thanks KD, I've been meaning to type this up all week (started it last Sunday) and tbh your comments on my thread yesterday about the want not equalling the action actually gave me the kick up the bum to 1) stick to CD today and 2) finish writing this. :D

:party0019::bliss:

angel.gif
angel.gif

:thankyou: Thats brilliant! I'm going to look in to getting the cd as i think its just what i need, thank you for the post i've found my will power again! xx

Back