Something I Use As Motivation

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by westiegirl, 25 August 2007 Social URL.

1. westiegirl

westiegirl Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st1lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    LighterLife
    I am on restart number 632 (well at least it feels like it) and I have recently been listening to a CD called Stop Comfort Eating by David Brookes.

I really enjoy listening to it and there are lots of positive messages that I want to remind myself of without listening to 30 minutes of CD.

I have basically condensed some of these thoughts into a sheet that I have stuck around the house - especially on the fridge and kitchen cupboards.

Sometimes I think that these things are a bit of new age mumbo jumbo but these thoughts are quite simple, but when faced with a food craving I conveniently switch my brain off and forget how bad I will feel after I have eaten!

I thought that I would like to share these thoughts for anyone who is struggling and wanting to reach for food whilst doing this crazy diet. Afterall if we are in ketosis we can't be hungry so there is obviously something else going on.

I have attached my file as a pdf so I hope they are readable and they can help us!

Attached Files:

Lynn8124, Sez, Dis and 1 other person like this.
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    Hey! That's excellent! Some great thought put down there.

(Even got my favourite on there too about the want not equalling the action ;) )

WTG!

4. westiegirl

westiegirl Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st1lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    LighterLife
    Thanks KD, I've been meaning to type this up all week (started it last Sunday) and tbh your comments on my thread yesterday about the want not equalling the action actually gave me the kick up the bum to 1) stick to CD today and 2) finish writing this. :D

5. DQ

DQ Queen of the Damned

That's clever - I like that Westiegirl :cool:

6. Dis

Dis Yo.

Start Weight:
    16st5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    4st7lb(27.51%)
    Diet:
    CD
    hiya westie! i'ts always great to have a little something to remind us why we're here doing this rocky path of becoming healthier people.

just after i started my obnoxious cycle of picking and nibbling, i made a list and posted it on the fridge.

thanks for attaching the file. i'll have a peek!

7. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    :party0019::bliss:

[​IMG][​IMG]

8. hazel05

hazel05 Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet/ ww
    :thankyou: Thats brilliant! I'm going to look in to getting the cd as i think its just what i need, thank you for the post i've found my will power again! xx

9. Sez

Sez has started again!!

Diet:
    Dukan
    A HUGE THANKS!!!

10. Lynn8124

Lynn8124 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    19st7lb
    Current Weight:
    19st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    seefood
    Great idea, thanks for posting.

11. Nessa

Nessa Silver Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    That's great! i am going to print this out and put it all over the place! Thank you so much westiegirl.

12. westiegirl

westiegirl Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st1lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    LighterLife
    Tis no problem guys, wish I could have taken notice myself but fell off the wagon last night by drinking copious amounts of alcohol.

Even though I have it stuck everywhere I couldn't actually see the darn thing!

Serves me right that I feel rubbish today!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.