Sometimes the amount I have to lose is daunting

have you got a photo of yourself 23lb ago? if so take another photo today and put them side by side and I'm sure you will see a difference, especially if you make sure you wear the same clothes. I have a photo at 17 stone 5lb and a photo and 16 stone 5lb in the same clothes and my god the way the clothes hang is so different!! However purely looking in the mirror I didn't notice a difference at all. You see yourself everyday in the mirror so those little changes you make every day aren't seen but looking at the photo is like seeing a friend you haven't seen for a month or so and noticing the change in them.

((hug))

Hey hun. Defo take pictures, when I look in the mirror I dont really see much different but I found a picture of me on my phone the other day that my son took on the sly when I had my back to him, I had to double take - So different to what I see in the mirror!

Youre doing brilliantly with your losses - heres for some maths...
Your average weight loss over the last 9 weeks (not counting your first week) is 1.88888889 lbs. In another 9 WI's you could weigh around 202lbs/ 14st 8, 9 WI's after that 185lbs/ 13st 3lbs. Imagine that! You'd be right near the 12's - slim jim! I personally have found that the last 9 or 10 weeks have flown by, and as you say, its not a diet, its a way of eating for life. Youre losing consistently every week, you may not see the difference yet but believe me, you will in a few weeks hun x

"I move forward in my life every day, even if it's only a tiny step,
because I know that great things are accomplished with tiny moves,
but nothing is accomplished by standing stil
l"

"You accomplish victory step by step, not by leaps and bounds"

"Start by doing what is necessary, then do what is possible,
and suddenly you are doing the impossible"

I found these quotes ..hope they help.. how true they are ;) xxx

Emski, they're fab! thanks! I might use them as my desktop or something - thanks for posting those! :) xx

:eek: Thankyou thats kind,I just wish I could go back 18 years when I lost 3 stone on ww and I was 22 and knew what I know now and kept the weight away :(
How are you today all okay????
Thankyou hun xxx

I think we all think like that, hindsight would be a great thing! But then there probably wouldnt be a need for forums like this because we would all be stick thin and then we wouldnt have each other, dont get me wrong my family are very supportive but they do not understand the same as someone who is going through the same thing.

I am doing great thanks, its amazing how our moods can change from day to day, I was cut throat on Tuesday and I am SO glad I stuck to it, I usually let things get me down and blow it, but I didnt and I am determined to loose next weigh in!!!!!

How are you today?

Hi yes your right and people come into our lives for reasons.
Im glad your good I think we are unlucky being women hormones etc :eek:
Im not great atm OH after 7 years still wont commit then a man at 43 whos never married I doubt will but it hurts
Never mind Im sticking to it like you and we deserve a pat on the back hey ;) Thanks for your support xx

102b, you have a lovely face. I assume you're the one in the middle. I don't have quite as much to lose as you, but at 68 it's quite difficult to stick to diets, especially as I get DD and DGD dropping in after school and wanting snackies!

You've already lost what I'd think a miracle. Keep encouraged by this. You could always ditch the man who won't commit= with a face like yours you could well find there are hundreds better fish in the sea. Sounds brutal, but men like to belittle us to keep us under their thumbs etc., and if you feel the relationship is a no-no then take a deep breath, pack his bags for him and chuck them in the street. Unless it's his house, that is.

Hi thanks Jammu :) that's my 14 year old daughter in the middle those are my children, ummm it's very hard to end a long relationship when you love someone alot I've tried and I moved out his house a year ago for other reasons ,I know there's plenty of fish but who says the next fish will want to commit? I suppose I'm old fashioned and After 7 years thought marriage would be, but many people don't want to do they, I just feel that it's shows commitment? He says when I state that women who was married to x well he ended it and now she's with mr a and they are engaged I think I pocked the wrong guy and he said ahh but we're still together and she's on no2 engagement And it doesn't mean they're marry???? I really just think he has a phobia with marriage I'm his 3rd long term gf who's wanted to marry, they ended it as he wouldn't, so we never know it comes in 3s ;) xx

Back