Soon to re-join sw and possibly the gym?!

raquelscatt

Is it possible to get good weight loss results when sticking to the SW plan and attending the gym?

My plan is to rejoin sw when I get back off my hols on 3 September (lost 6.5lbs a few weeks back but have re-gained,) and also john the local gym for exercise!

I hear so many mixed views about slimming and exercise and how you can in effect weigh more by exercising. Is this really true, do you find you lose inches instead??

Any advice please!

It's absolutely possible - nothing bad can come from exercising while doing SW, only good - weight loss, inch loss, toned body, improved mood, improved self-esteem, improved fitness/stamina/flexibility. Just make sure you eat and drink enough for your increased activity.

I completely agree SW is a balanced diet and exercise is good for you. You are correct that you can gain weight and still lose inches, however you would need to exercise a lot and gain a lot of muscle for that to happen. In any case I would rather be heavy and slim than light but still tubby or flabby, so enjoy your exercise and your diet.

I would say go for it! I joined SW and the gym last wednesday and had my first WI last night and lost 9lb!! :eek: Good luck with your decision :)

I was already working to the SW plan before Xmas, but joined the gym over the xmas hols and can honestly say that (at 38) I'm looking, and also feeling fitter and healthier than I have for years.
I try to do a mix of toning and cardio classes, but it tends to be what fits in with work / social life so the balance isn't always split halfway.

Go for it. You will see weight loss. Women don't bulk up on muscle in the same way as men.

No need for extra syns because you're exercising - but make sure you have a good supply of protein as this helps muscle repair and development (turkey breast is an excellent, low fat, and affordable source of protein).

There are a few exercise threads on the Off Topic section as well.

Good luck. xx

Yes - excercise is essential whether its walking, swimming, gym watever!

5 times a week 30 mins a day, gives you the best results according to experts!

Back