Soooooo disappointed!

irish molly

Maintaing LT loss on GL
Only 1lb down:(:(:(.
Week 20 WI is so disappointing. I was good all week and thought I was doing fine and was looking forward to weigh in this week as I was sure it would be a good one. What a shocker to only be a 1lb down:mad:.
Water intake was 4ltrs a day min., no cheating, no totm.
Anyone else have any idea why this should happen ???

Irishmolly don't be down, look at all the weight you have lost, your body is just re-adjusting itself. Some people sts when they have been good all week, it's just one of those things. Any loss is great imo, i dread the day they tell me i sts, i will be wanting to hit someone, lol
You are doing brilliantly, keep up the good work!!

Aww......sorry you feel disappointed. Now, my theory on this is this! A bit silly, but, eh, you never know.

You got weighed right, but your body doesnt know that it is WI day, so, you by tomorrow you could drop 1-3 lbs more! You just never know.

If you are following everything to the letter, and losing on average 1 stone a month, then it could just be that it is a low loss this week??????

At least it is pure fat and not water, and it is gone, gone, gone! I know that we all want big weight losses, but dont let this get you down. Just keep looking forward and do exactly the same as you did this week and see how your loss is then!

Wish I could help and give an explanation, but LT throws up some strange things sometimes that are unexplainable.

Sure you are not retaining water???????? Just a though?

Take care and you are doing so well.

scotmist is right in the fact that your body doesnt know its weigh in day..also you could be losing inches rather than lbs on the scales? i know it doesnt really help and it doesnt boost you confidence but just remember and remind yourself that you havent cheated at all this week, and thats what should boost your confidence because if you dont cheat then you lose weight ..somehow..so rejoice ( i sould like a preacher! :) ) in the fact you didnt cheat this week!

your doing so well keep at it..x

Hey there I.M.

My suspicion is that you are retaining water, or maybe haven't um... been to the loo? heh We both know that weight fluctuates daily, and also remember to count in the weight of your clothes today compared to the clothes you wore last week. All those extra grams add up and can really make a difference. That's pretty much why I weigh at home so I can mostly do it at the same time of day with the same clothes on knowing I have not yet eaten or had anything to drink (another thing that can obviously have an effect).

Probably the best thing to do is not look at the weight loss for a single week but for a few weeks at a time because that way any fluctuations based on clothing, LT shake/water intake, "loo" issues would average out and you'll have a better idea of your average weekly loss.

Sending you a big *hug*, I know it can be demoralising, all that hard work for a measly 1 pound hehe, but you know it'll average itself out in the coming weeks.

You've done amazingly well sticking to LT for 20 weeks, go pamper yourself and look ahead to next week's weigh in to keep yourself motivated, I have every faith in you ^.^

U have done amazing so far , so dont let this get you down. Its just your body's way of telling you it is getting used to it.

I agree with everyone above!!

And remember.. 1lb is 8 sausages... imagine 8 sausages of fat stuck to your body and i bet your chuffed they arent still there!

Molly, Look how far you have come! I had a low loss this week, so you're not alone, and I think it happens to most of us. I'm sure you will have a good loss next week!

Clair x

What do you mean why this 'should' happen?

You have just lost 1lb of pure fat from your body!!!!!!!!!!!! Need i say more :)

Hi Molly
Think of it as 9lbs over two weeks - that's a much better rate of loss than me! Also, by next week your total losses will add up to 70lbs which is 5 stones!! I hope you've got some treat lined up to celebrate.
I do know that it's disappointing when you don't lose what you hope/expect but in the greater scheme of things your losses have been fantastic.
Have a great week (and don't forget to plan something fab for when you pass your 5 stones off marker).

Jon
xx

Folks, you are all so brilliant. Where would we be without the fab support on this forum.
Thanks so much for taking the time to post and you are all soooo right. I need to take it in context of overall losses, maybe my body doesn't know it's weigh in day, maybe I need a clear out,lol, a pound is still eight sausages and it is still a loss after all!!
I feel much better now, thanks!:hug99::hug99::hug99:

Glad you're feeling better about it now sweets :)

Back