Sore mouth??

That's_So_Fetch

Gold Member
I have been on CD for about 2 weeks now and i keep getting a really sore mouth, like its been burnt inside. My tongue and especially the roof of my mouth feel so sore and kinda like sandpaper and i'm not sure why.

Has anyone experienced this? Could it be due to ketosis or the water that i am drinking.

I can live with it but it can get really painful and it puts me off doing CD.

xx

I have been on CD for about 2 weeks now and i keep getting a really sore mouth, like its been burnt inside. My tongue and especially the roof of my mouth feel so sore and kinda like sandpaper and i'm not sure why.

Has anyone experienced this? Could it be due to ketosis or the water that i am drinking.

I have to admit that I had that! Your description is exactly the same. Burnt, sore and like sandpaper. Didn't seem to matter what I did, it just wouldn't go away.

Fortunately, now I've finished the diet, I don't have to endure it any longer! Interesting you should mention it though. Never hear other people mention it.

I have to admit that I had that! Your description is exactly the same. Burnt, sore and like sandpaper. Didn't seem to matter what I did, it just wouldn't go away.

Fortunately, now I've finished the diet, I don't have to endure it any longer! Interesting you should mention it though. Never hear other people mention it.

I get it every few days and at first i thought it was because of the water i drink, but i dont really see any logic behind it.

I only intend to do SS until the 1st or 2nd week of august so hopefully i can cope with it untill then.

Did you find that it stopped when you started to move up the plans??

Its just so painful some days :( xx

Yes yes yes!! My tongue is especially bad and looks like it is getting a little hole in it! I am trying to ignore it, because I don't want it to be an issue that will make me stop the diet!

Yep happened me too, but it was mostly the corners of my mouth and my lips. It was really bad for the first 2 or 3 weeks then eased off but has come back on & off since, thankfully though not as bad as the first time.

Thanks for your replies. My mouth is a bit better this morning but i am struggling to drink my water because i feel like there is a big lump in my throat.

I never experienced all this the first time i did CD and its really annoying and painful :(

I hope you're all feeling well today and you have a good day :) xx

Yes yes yes!! My tongue is especially bad and looks like it is getting a little hole in it! I am trying to ignore it, because I don't want it to be an issue that will make me stop the diet!

hi fatbird, hows your little one doing?

ive had this problem.. have found my lips are really sore. have been putting loads of vasiline on but they are still sore

cant fathom it!!

i only have this problem if ive put a wee bit too much of the water flavourings in the water, for me any more than half a tea spoon in a litre does it

im not on the water flavouring yet..
im making sure i drink plenty of water in case i was dehydrated but on 3 plus litres i cant see how i can be!!

I know this is an old thread, but i'm experiencing these symptoms again, and i was wondering if its happened to anyone else?!?

It feels like i have acid fumes in my mouth (if that makes sense) :(. Could it be due to Ketosis and the theory behind it?!? xx

if its acidy are you sure its not reflux?

i reflux at night, it doesnt wake me but can be sore in the morning and i can taste it

i also reflux during the day, sometimes i get heartburn along with it and other times theres no pain but food, drink or acid flows up to the back of my mouth

sumayyah said:

i reflux at night, it doesnt wake me but can be sore in the morning and i can taste it

i also reflux during the day, sometimes i get heartburn along with it and other times theres no pain but food, drink or acid flows up to the back of my mouth

Iv had really bad reflux ATM, like heartburn. I have really bad acidy burps lol

Iv had really bad reflux ATM, like heartburn. I have really bad acidy burps lol

i live on omeprazole, i get it on prescription

when its really bad thou ive been known to take my omeprazole, rantitadine, gaviscon and tums, lol

I'm definately sure its not acid reflux because i get that on CD too and it feels different to what i feel now. I think i get it along with the furry tongue. It puts me off doing CD :( xx

i live on omeprazole, i get it on prescription

when its really bad thou ive been known to take my omeprazole, rantitadine, gaviscon and tums, lol

Sumayyah... you ever been tested for H. Pylori?

Hi

It could be a touch of oral thrush from the dry mouth that we can get on CD... pop down to your local pharmacist and stick your tongue out at them.. they should be able to help diagnose :)

Oral Thrush (Oral Candida) | Health | Patient UK

Self Help Guide - Q & A - Sore mouth might also be of some help?

Oral Thrush on CD? Really? I wouldn't expect that.

My sore mouth gets worse when i drink more water!! I might get a tongue scraper and see if that helps.

I have no idea whats going on though:( but i might take your advice and go to the pharmacy.

xxx

Sumayyah... you ever been tested for H. Pylori?

nope reflux seems to run in my family, was told the muscles at the top of my stomach dont work so well so arnt always closed

that and the usual line of "your fat what do you expect, lose some weight and youll be fine"

nope reflux seems to run in my family, was told the muscles at the top of my stomach dont work so well so arnt always closed

that and the usual line of "your fat what do you expect, lose some weight and youll be fine"

Cheeky f**kers!

Back