Sorry new starter question

Dawney

Hello

I am off to docs today as she said she would prescribe x/o if my blood tests did not show a thyroid problem. I just wanted to ask about having milk on these tablets. I always have semi skimmed but I must admit when I am at work the kettle is never off. Would this cause a problem.

many thanks

Hi I don't drink Milk myself I am afraid so I am unsure but I looked in my calorie book and it says 100ml of semi skimmed milk is 46 cals and 1.7g of fat so it does fit into the diet I think. Although if I am wrong then anybody please correct me.

You should be fine with that. Obviously if you're having a LOT of milk, it's going to increase your overall daily calorie/fat intake, so that might be something to consider, but in terms of the Xenical it shouldn't cause side effects, because the fat content of milk is within the 5% rule.
I have 2 BIG mugs of tea in the morning, one in the afternoon, and another in the evening, plus milk in my porridge and I've always been fine.
Good luck at the doctors!
x

I drink alot of tea/coffee during the day. Your best bet is to use what i use and thats the 1% fat milk. It's in the orange carton. =] sainsbury's do 4pints for a quid :D

Thanks for all your replies. I will get some of the 1% fat from sainsburys. Thankyou for that.

Milk is absolutely fine to have, even full fat milk is less than 5% fat ( it's 4% fat :) )
x

Welcome & good luck :D x

Milk is fine, I use skimmed milk and only have it with cereal and tea/coffee (not a milk lover tho).

Can I just ask why your Dr said you could only have the Xenical if your Thyroid was ok???

LiSe x

I only use skimmed - I started on this ages ago and thought I would never get use to it now I only have this in tea and on cereal. I too drink a lot of tea usually but now take litre bottle of water into work with some orange squash in it (not too strong) and drink that and that has stopped me drinking so much tea and is better for me. Good luck x

Welcome & good luck :D x

Milk is fine, I use skimmed milk and only have it with cereal and tea/coffee (not a milk lover tho).

Can I just ask why your Dr said you could only have the Xenical if your Thyroid was ok???

LiSe x

I think what she meant was she wanted to rule any thyroid problems first incase this was a factor of being me overweight. Thyroid fine and she has prescribed tablets thankfully. She has also booked me in with the nurse to see about exercise on prescription. As anyone else been offered this?? many thanks

A long time ago, in a previous diet existence, I was given 12 weeks at the gym on prescription. amybe that's what he meant. Good luck with the Xenical,

KB x

many thanks for all your replies x

I got a referral from my GP last year. I didn`t get the gym free, But got membership for a lot less than it would have been.

LiSe x

Back