Sorry to be a grump.....I just want to give up on LT!

Trixi

Hi All,

Ok so this is where I am, this is my fourth day on LT and whilst I am not hungry, having headaches, feeling weak etc the problem is I just cant stomach the shakes!
I feel so sick to the point where I just cant cope, I just cant bring yself to drink them, Yesterday I made mouse with the choc one and I enjoyed that but the thought of eating that at the moment really makes me ill!

I also made the choc ice cream last night and my personal opinon I hated it! For some reason theres a certain taste (an undertone) that I can taste with every shake and thats the taste thats make gag.

I have tried sipping ice cold water, adding peppermint tea to the shakes to try to take the taste away but it just does not help!

I dont want to give up and I keep trying to just thing baout the weight loss, but then just get overwhelmed with sickness and then just feel like is it really worth it. Shall I just just eat healthy! (I think certainly would appreciate food more now!!)

I dont want to give in I am not a quitter but what can I do about this sickness, please some one help before I throw in the towel! :-(

Its early days, dont give up!

I started with BMI 31 and ended with BMI 22. It is worth it. That feeling is like the best feeling in the world!!

I remember gagging in the first week or so (especially with the chicken soup!) I just held my nose, and downed it.

Mentally I just told myslef it was fat dissolving liquid.

When you look at your packets of shakes - dont think of them as food, think of them as 10 pounds of fat. Cos thats what you will probably loose in your first week.

Eating healthy, would take you 6 weeks or so to loose that! And you will probably give up in 2 or 3 weeks time of healthy eating and resign yourself to the fact that you are meant to fat, when you are not!!!

This is a short time in the grand scale of your life. A few weeks in and it will be a breeze!!!

You only have one life, you can live it fat or slim, its your choice.

A few weeks of committment and focus now will pay off and make you so happy and slim.

You can do it!!!

x

I definitely think you should tough it out for a week - get to weigh in and see how fab that makes you feel. Also, on day 4 you may not yet even be in ketosis - and what a waste of a few days.

This diet isn't always an easy option for people, it takes determination and willpower but you CAN succeed. Don't give up so easily!!!

have ice cold water and/or loads of crushed ice with the shakes. try adding coffee to the choc or vanilla shakes (peppermint tea made me gag!!) experiment.

but don't give up after only 4 days, you could lose loads on week 1 and that could provide motivation. Go for it!!

Hang in there Trixi, you can do this. Have you tried the Flapjacks - some people cannot stand them but they might be right for you.

I imagine that the taste and the sickness you feel is your palate changing - your body is used to sweet, fatty foods and generally stuff that has made you the size you are. It takes a while for the body to adjust.

Have you made the shakes with more water than stated on the bag - I make mine with about 400mls of water and a couple of sweeteners - worth a try.

Good luck and please hang in there it really is worth it.

xxx

The shakes taste 100% better for me because I add 2 sweetners to it. I tried having them without the sweetner and i could not drink it.
If you have not tried this then I would advise it. Also I agree with Elle, try to stick to it for the week so you can see and feel the results which will motivate you.

hey i no how u feel i went thru that last time was on it but u just have to keep goin. i now drink mine thru a straw, goes down abit easier. stick 2 it and when u see ur loss u will b so glad u did. its soo worth it.
good luck. :)

Day 4 is deffo the hardest, but hang in there hun it really is worth it, and I know everyone says this, BUT IT REALLY DOES GET EASIER. I have just started a year after originally on TFR, on day 3 myself, and keep reminding myself what it was like first time around. And if it hadn't of worked then I wouldn't be back on it now!

Day for was tough, but it really did get easier, and after the end of week 2 I had no issues at all, got into a routine and actually found it easy.

keep going hun, you will be soooooooo glad you did!

Can't add too much to what has been said- only that I PROMISE that if you DO stick it out and get to your first WI it WILL spur you on. I don't know of one person on here who has done that and then quit. It DOES get better. I was exactly the same as you, and I just forced myself to think of it as medicine- a medicine that was going to make me thin.

Now, going into my 3rd week, I don't mind the shakes really. Sure they're not like having a bacon buttie but if you're thinking in terms of staying on it for twenty weeks it's not all that long when the reward is going to be the figure you've always wanted.

Stick at it- you can do it

xx

The shakes taste 100% better for me because I add 2 sweetners to it. I tried having them without the sweetner and i could not drink it.
Me too! I definately couldn't take them without them!
I can only echo everyone else- yes LT is hard, but surely you knew that before you started? Try & hang in there until your first WI. We've all been there!

Oh make the shakes thin i still wrench if there to thick hope you carry on it really is wroth it my day 4 was horrible but does get better

debz x

I tried EVERYTHING with the shakes, sweetners, loads of ice, mouses, coffess,etc etc and nothing for me made them palatable, that awful taste was always there...making me gag. I have just been on the scales at work and I have lost 9lbs in fours 1/2 days (I wanted to try and get some motivation to stick with it)

I decided to carry on then I had my shake at lunch time and I have been violently sick, so much so I am being sent home from work! (I know this is not a normal reaction and this is not how it will be for everyone) despite the great weight loss I am not making myself ill.

For me guys any diet that makes me pysically sick I know cant be good for my health and my body. This is obviously very personal to me and not meant to be a detriment to any other peoples efforts, I am not being negative about LT, it works for most people, clearly all you wonderful people have prooved that with you excellent weight loss.

But I am afraid I am going to go down the old calories in calories out road, and just stick to a low carb diet and increasing my running to 5 times a week instead of three! (I thought this would be hard which is why I looked for the easy way out but LT was by no means the easy way out for me and I would take getting up at 6.00 everymorning and running any day) I would rather do it a way that suits my body and the weight come off slower rather than rapid weight loss that makes me ill.

Thanks for all your support (at the end of the day I have lost 9lbs) I am sure I will put a few pounds on as I slowly introduce food back into my diet but my main aim is to be happy and healthy and for me exersice and a healthy well balance diet is the only way, and if I am only loosing a pound a week then so be it.

Good luck and best wishes to you all x

Fairy snuff :) best of british to you!!

My friend did a similar diet to this from the hospital and she was unable to carry on with it. It made her violently ill. First the dietician told her to have the shakes and one meal of fish and veg for dinner and then told her to come off it because her body wasn't able to cope with the high level of minerals in the shakes.

You must be one of the unlucky ones that can't do any of these diets. What about a juicing diet, that might be better because it is made with natural ingedients?

Good luck with your weight loss and whatever diet you decide to follow.

Hi,

If it makes you actually sick then it must not be for you. Good Luck with your weight loss, I got Jason Vales - 7 pounds in 7 days, juicing book, just got it last week, it looks great, why not try it?

And hats off to your for running at 6am every morning!

:)

Sorry LT isn't working out for you Trixi but there are other, similar alternatives. Some years ago I lost the same amount of weight (couple of stone) in a similar amount of time doing the Atkins diet - why not give that a go?

You have to be just as strict in what you don't eat but can consume quite a lot of meat, chicken, fish, eggs, 3 'cups' of vegetables (most allowed - some not) and some cheese... Maybe you need the 'real' food. I stupidly regained all the weight and never managed to get Atkins to work for me again.

There's another one that's very low carb like LT but supplies (delivers) real meals in packets - check out Go Lower Quick weight loss diets. Lose weight fast with Golowers healthy ketogenic, rapid weight loss plan - Go Lower - I nearly tried this before I heard of LT but it is quite expensive...

Good luck in whatever you choose and if you find an interesting alternative I'm sure people here will be interested :)

Oh that sounds good...might try that. I am quite unlucky to be honest...I lead quite a healthly lifestyle, I honestly dont eat that much crap and I exercise religiously 4 times a week (run 3 times and pilates once) I put my weight on with PCOS which I was diagnosed with 4 years ago. Defore this I was then 9.5 stone a size 10 but in the four years I have had this I have not really changed my lifestyle and gained about a stone each year, I am still a size 12-14 which is not too bad, but its my BMI that I am worried about. Medical proffessionals tell me it very very hard to lose weight when you have PCOS because of the insulin resisitance. BOO HOO trust me that this wonder LT diet that seems to work for everyone does not agree with me - Bummer! x

and THANKS SO MUCH Ricisme, excellent advice - I am certianly going to look into these options. Feel like such a faliure today with the whole LT making me sick, but I just couldnt cope with it! :-( x

If you have PCOS, as I do, you may find that following the GI Diet helps, I have seen it recommended a lot in magazine articles and on websites for PCOS :)

There are a lot of GI cookbooks about, and there's a website too - worth researching.

I've tried a lot of recipes and they are mainly enjoyable - good luck!

I think thats something I will look at. Such a shame the LT didnt agree with me (or I am too weak to be on it!) as its worked wonders for you Elle. The main reason I want to lose weigh is becuase of the PCOS and I am worried I wont be able to have children if I am carrying extra weight I am definaltely going to look at the other options you have all suggested thanks again x

good luck - i am going to incorporate a lot og GI elements into my eating when i am done with refeeding. i have similar concerns to you, i'm not in a position to have children yet but it's always been something that's concerned me about my weight.

i think we're all just on the look-out for the diet which suits us - LT seems not to be for you but you will find what works :)

Back