Sorus's Mulled Wine Musings

Lol - no I'm still here! But yes the weekend was a bit of a carb-fest what with cream teas (note the plural) and fish and chips. However amazingly I seem to have lost half a pound this week. Hooray! Talk about slow progress though. I think I am a snail shaped trucker.

Ozzie's comment about my BMI made me think - when I put down that I'm 5'7" I think I was being a bit disingenuous. I used to be almost 5'7" but now - what with the ravages of time an' all - I'm sure I'm no more than 5'6" if I'm honest. Maybe not even that anymore! So I've changed it and now my BMI is a little further away from 'ideal'. Which makes sense cos I certainly don't look 'ideal'. :rolleyes:

Still struggling to maintain enthusiasm. I wish I could be happy where I am. I'm still overweight, yes - but not unhealthily so and not so much that I feel embarrassed or uncomfortable. And therein lies the problem. Part of me is 'happy' where I am. My motivation is highest when I can't fit into any of my clothes and I've recently seen a particularly horrific photo of myself.

I've never been a sylph so this is where my brain is 'comfortable' I think. Though on every other level I really would like to get down to 11 stone. I know I'd look better.

Couldn't sleep last night. Was planning some sort of summer break. Was half thinking of taking us all to Majorca or somewhere after my son's GCSE's in June - especially as my daughter goes off to uni in September (sob) - but it was meant to be a cheapy as we've already been away in Feb and my OH and I have our solo holiday in October (walking in Turkey). However have been looking at prices with increasing horror. The bloody Euro/pound exchange rate! Nightmare.

So, had a brainwave and have decided we're going to have a roller-coaster fest instead. Taking in a trip to Hereford on the way. I was brought up in Hereford but haven't been back for 20 years. It'll be so weird to go back! Thought I'd show the kids the house I grew up in, school I went to, blah, blah, blah. It'll be great for me but boring beyond belief for them. Ha! But they'll have to put up with it and they have the carrot of Alton Towers afterwards. From Cornwall Alton Towers is too far to reach, comfortably, in one day.

So 2 days at AT then I thought we'd head south to Thorpe Park for a couple of days. Even I might be fed up with roller coasters at the end of it! There's another reason I want to do it: haven't been able to take my son to Florida and Disneyland for insurance reasons. The last quote I got for us to take a holiday in the US was £785 for my son's insurance alone! So we've never gone. Not a great loss for me but when you have a sick child it's kind of what you want to do - to give them as many happy memories and experiences as possible cos you don't know what's round the corner.

Anyway thankfully at the moment the corner is a nice one - he's having a really good patch so a theme park holiday after his exams will be fab.

Blimey I've rambled. Off to the cinema tonight to see 'A Single Man'. Unfortunately (or fortunately, whichever way you look at it) we're going to a restaurant beforehand to have their early bird menu. And the food looks yum. I'm a hopeless trucker!

Ozzie's comment <snip> made me think

Bloody hell! I'm sorry! I never want to make people actually think, I'm not that cruel! :rotflmao: Thinking is not something to be taken lightly and unexpected thinking is very wearing on the brain!

So you've grown shorter since starting SW ..... interesting. You must have stored your excess poundage on your scalp and/or the soles of your feet! Maybe I do too, perhaps that is why people don't seem to have noticed I've lost weight. I must ask them if they've noticed I'm shorter, just in case I'm losing height too!

I know what you mean about the motivation and the feeling OK about the size/weight you are now. I think that is why over the years I don't think I have ever achieved my target weights, I get to a stage where I think, OK I'm happy now what difference will those few extra pounds make and stop. As I was wibbling on somewhere the other day, I think it does matter up to a point. I think the fact that it is hard work will mean that when I do get to target and I will this time, that I will stay within a few pounds of that, because I never want to go through this again :rotflmao: Actually I remember where I wrote this now, it was on CyberRuby's thread. My goal this time is not really as low as I might want to go, but it is within the bounds of where I would be content. My view though in more general terms though is that we're all adults and weight etc is a personal choice and it's not the be all and end all, being happy/content with life is much more important. Maybe you don't need to go to the weight you originally set if the whole exercise is doing your head in. Maybe set a different target and stay at that for a while and reassess the situation several months down the line? One thing I will say though is that you are a fellow trucker and we will keep in touch regardless of what you decide weightloss wise.

I've written too much and I'm doing thinking .... it hurts! Now you've made me think - oh how sweet revenge must feel ! :p

I'm not going anywhere just yet Ozzie - mainly because I suspect I'm going to find maintaining easily as hard to do as losing is! Let's face it - that's essentially what I've been doing the past few weeks! And it's not easy. Especially when daughter keeps making cakes.

I came home last night from cinema (went to see A Single Man - I loved it, OH slept - and worse, snored - through most of it) to a chocolate cake and banana muffins. Still warm... It's like having a wife! Although her leaving for uni in September will be horrible on every other level, I suspect for my figure it'll be a good thing. :D

I know what you mean though about being bloody determined to get to target. There is a part of me that is desperate to see the scales show a weight that's 150something. I'm fed up with seeing 163,164,165. Etc. If they ever show 159 I'll be bleeding ecstatic!

This morning I've had 2 Oatibix. Why ohy why are the 'normal' Oatibix nowhere near as nice as the bitesize ones? Can't get the bitesize ones at my local Tesco's. They're like two different cereals. Harrumph.

On that note am off to do accounts. Deep joy.

Breaker 1-9, this is Lardyarse putting a call out for Sorus. Do you read me? If you're not around, I'll catch you on the flip-side. Over.

:p

Hope all is going well and that you're having better weather than we are! Rain rain rain and more bloomin' rain! Is there no end to it, I asks ya? It may be good weather for ducks but not for people ..... or goats for that matter ;)

Sorus! Where you at, girlfriend?

Don't make me tweet your ar$e! ;-)

I am here! Thank you both for nudging me. Truth be told - I am being seriously crap at the moment. Not sticking to it at all. Each day I say to myself that 'tomorrow' I'll start properly again, all the while knowing I won't, and the reason for that is mostly to do with it being school hols and not being in my normal routine.

I'm enjoying picnics on the beach with the kids (weather here in Cornwall has been absolutely brilliant lately) and eating out if we happen to be somewhere at a mealtime and just generally enjoying being spontaneous rather than having to plan.

But... I felt my jeans get tighter yesterday. I know I can't go on like this. And I also know that when I get back into it again I'll enjoy it. It's just making the decision as to precisely 'when' which is eluding me at the mo!

I was in Sainsbury's today. I had 2 hours to fill cos son was having a glucose intolerance test which means blood tests 2 hours apart - ie we couldn't go far. So I went to Sainsbury's armed with a list consisting of 4 items. Those 4 items somehow turned into 40 by the time I'd got to the till and the bill came to £80....

One thing I was slightly proud of though: bread is my weakness and there was a 2 for £1.50 offer on tiger loaves. My absolute favourite and Sainsbury's happen to do very nice ones (ie much nicer than Tesco's). Got to to the till. Put them on the belt. The belt started to roll. And I looked and looked at these tiger loaves and I knew, without a shadow of a doubt, that while I was ostensibly buying them for my son, he wouldn't eat them, I would. He doesn't even like bread. I knew what I was doing when I picked them up off the shelf but when it comes to bread it's as if someone else takes over my brain. I know bread is bad for me. I know I am addicted. I know I can't eat one slice. But still I buy it. And look at it. And of course, after dancing around it for a few hours pretending to ignore it, I eat it. First one slice. Then that's not enough. It has to be 2. Just 2. Then 3, then 4.

I am like this about no other food apart from bread. I can have one portion of pudding, one slice of cake, one biscuit, even one square of chocoate; no problem. But bread I cannot allow myself to be around.

So wtf was I buying 2 humungous loaves of bread today? Because I was lying to myself and telling myself they were for my son. Which I also knew was rubbish. So... the conveyor belt is moving and there's this tussle going on in my head. The devil and the angel. And the angel won. I picked them up off the belt just in time, handed them to my son and told him to take them back to the bread aisle. The woman next to me laughed. She knew exactly what was going on in my head. She told me she was addicted to bread too.

So I'm proud of myself that the angel won the bread battle today - in the nick of time - but fed up that I can't seem to do the whole SW thing properly just now.

Glad to see you are back. I need your lunacy - you understand goats :p I know what you mean about the school holidays and the disruption they cause to routine. I've managed to stay on track but it's left me and Reggie feeling most disgruntled because it's been a hellish struggle. I don't even think there is any reward for my saintliness.

Well done on beating the bread bug! ... hmmmm - don't let the bread bugs bite :rotflmao: or something like that!

You'll find your mojo again. Look behind the couch/sofa or on top of the wardrobe. That's where most things end up.

We'll get there in the end. You, me and CyberRuby, the original truckers, will overcome all obstacles in our way. That brings to mind another song ... "I can weigh lightly now the pounds have gone....."

Glad you are having a good holiday with your family though. As we've discussed before here, in many ways, family is more important than sticking to the plan with the proviso that you do come back to losing the weight for the long term benefits that it brings to you and your family. An easter break isn't going to undo all that you have achieved, it's just another hurdle ... or water jump maybe in the obstacle race of life!

Anyway, I'm wittering and it's not even my diary! Glad to see you are not totally lost and sure the pounds will start to fall off you soon! :D

Found your diary lurking half way down page 3, I know you'll be back sooner or later so I thought I'd make your diary easy to find :p

*slinks quietly back into the room*

Back. Have had a lovely time not worrying about my weight but it can't go on. Clothes are starting to get tight again! Jeans not quite meeting at the middle again!

I've been gardening - which kept the weight off for a time cos I was doing some serious digging and chopping down etc - and helping OH refurbish his house and garden too. And I was really quite good to start with. ie despite not weighing myself and not actively doing SW I was still making good choices. But then, as is inevitable with me, the once a week tuna and cheese panini treat (my favourite) became a once a day treat.

Then last week I was in Bath and went to Jamie's place and various other wonderful restaurants and basically ate what I wanted and enjoyed every mouthful. But now I'm not enjoying the results of that which is a protruding stomach and flab starting to appear overhanging my bra strap. Grim. And gross.

So it's back to weighing stuff. I had forgotten how pathetic 28gm of bitesize Oatibix looks at the bottom of a bowl. Sparse and lonesome really. But that is what I had this morning and then as I knew that would fill me up for - ooh - ten minutes I had 2 boiled eggs as well. Really hope that fills me up till lunchtime.

It does feel like coming home a bit. Will be nice to catch up with Ozzie and CyberRuby, my fellow truckers, and others. I see they have both been diligently plodding away and shedding lots of weight while I've been away being naughty. *hangs head in shame*

But I shall enjoy looking up new recipes again! I found a recipe on here which involves roasted med veg, pasta and a cheese sauce which sounds yummy so will be having that tonight. I'm also going to try and do an SW version of my favourite tuna and cheese panini involving a wholemeal pitta, tuna, half fat cheese and EL mayo. Will see how it turns out.

Unfortunately, or fortunately, whichever way you look at it, I have a very sociable time the next couple of months so I'm not going to beat myself up if I can't stick to SW when I'm out/away but my plan is to be in the 100% club when I'm not actually away from home.

One thing I've noticed about myself: my best dieting times of the year seem to be Jan to April and Sept to November. So going off the wagon in May is fairly normal for me. Just need to keep it contained this year!

Oooh, welcome back!

Don't worry about what you've been up to, the important thing is that you're still here and ready to climb back in the cab, toot your horn... mirror, signal, manoeuvre and away!

How you can live down in lovely Cornwall and not actually turn into a giant scone/pasty/slab of clotted cream fudge is beyond me anyway, so I am already in awe.

Lovely to 'see' you again anyway (though I have of course been keeping up with your political exploits on Twitter :)

xx

Wooo hooooooooo! I'm so pleased to see you back! Not because I want you to be having troubles with weight and needing to retake your place in our convoy but for a purely selfish reason which is that I enjoy your musings and have missed them! So a big woop as the three amigos are re-united!

Thinking about it, I don't think I've actually lost much weight while you've been gone - just been upward-ing and downward-ing but with an overall trend of downwards by maybe 2 or 3 lbs. Meh - what will be, will be, I'm really not stressing these days. I just plod stolidly on - I'm like an old farmer in his muddy fields in winter! Speaking of which, I must shave this beard off :rotflmao:

Glad you've been enjoying yourself food-wise .... and knowing that you have been, I have been vicariously enjoying it through you! I knew you'd come back when you were good and ready! I think you've got the right attitude to be honest - be good as gold when you can, and when you can't, as in you have trips away or social engagements then enjoy yourself. The overall trend is still downwards for you and as long as that is the case then you're doing brilliantly!

Fortunately for you, I can't stop to write more at the moment as I've got to dash but in best Arnie tones ..... "I'll be back......"

Ha! Unfortunately I think the trend is definitely upwards at the mo. But not for long! I have missed your exploits with Reginald, Ozzie. Is he still ok? Still meandering round Cairns with you?

I had forgotten how much I enjoy planning meals when I'm on SW. I am positively anal - I have one list on the go for what I'm going to eat over the next 3 or 4 days and one list for what I have to buy. And usually a webpage or 2 open with a view to getting ideas for meals.

So in a minute I'm off to Tesco's to buy stuff for Britmum's bacon and cheese quiche then tomorrow I'm trying her chinese pork. One of the many advantages of being off plan for a few weeks is that there are quite a few new recipes I haven't tried. Thank you Britmum!

The reason I have put on weight is actually all Gordon Brown's fault I've decided. If he hadn't made a right balls up of running the country the last few years the election wouldn't have been so close. And therefore not interesting. As it was I was glued to Newsnight every night and along with Paxo's withering interviews I had to have a piece of buttered toast. It just had to be done. Can't explain it.

So The Best Election Ever turned into a bit of a carb fest for me. But God it was brilliant fun. Never read so many papers since - ooh - the last political scandal. Which come to think of it was only last summer. No wonder I'm so lardy.

No excuses now though. The show is over. *sniffs* And it sounds like we're all going to be really poor very soon so I won't be able to afford any new clothes so can't let myself put on any more weight.

Going out for a meal tomorrow night. Not ideal when I've only been back on SW 2 days. Unavoidable though. People we met on a holiday last year have booked my holiday cottage for the week. All very nice but it means they want us to spend time with them. There is a problem with this. Actually two. a) although I live in a seaside town I'm not on holiday myself and do have things to do, and b) it seems OH and myself are not on speakers at the moment. Not quite sure why not. We never row. Two or three times a year maybe. But that's mostly because we don't live together I'm sure. :D

So I'm not sure why we've had a bit of a fall out. Probably a mystery to OH too. But it does make life quite peaceful in some ways. But not good if we have to be funny and lively company tomorrow night for our holiday friends. Will OH come and if he does will the friends notice that there is a bit of froideur between us? And really, do I care? :rolleyes:

I missed out on the election mainly - I saw edited bits of the debates which I enjoyed but being so far away I just didn't really get into it! Still trying to find my way with aussie politics, I find Kevin Rudd a bit bland and with a face that needs a smack but the alternative Tony Abbott resembles a weasel in both features and manner. The deputy prime minister Julia Gillard seems quite popular and able but talks so slowly at times that it feels as if she is treating people like nincompoops. So far I haven't paid much attention to policies :rotflmao: My irresponsible attitude can be blamed on the fact that I can't vote yet anyway but I will have to start paying attention as I haven't clue!

Re your OH and the "froideur" - excellent word by the way - maybe because neither of you know why you're not really on speaking terms, it might all just get shrugged off and forgotten about and the fact that you'll both have to put on a show .... although not literally of course, but if you do, please do "Les Miserables" it's one of my favourites..... anyway, by having to be nice and chirpy and cheerful maybe that will sort things out and things will get back to normal. I'm crap at bearing grudges and even when I don't want to be nice because I'm feeling p***ed off with them, I inevitably find myself acting as if nothing was wrong and truth be told it's not difficult especially when you have a real bond with that person. So I think it will all be fine!! But then I'm ridiculously optimistic! :rotflmao:

I shouldn't really be here now - house inspection is imminent and there are many things I could do to make the place look better.... so perhaps I should go!

Hope it all goes well my friend - keep on truckin' :D

All is well, Ozzie! Met OH for coffee at a halfway point between his and mine. I smiled and gave him a kiss when we met and he turned his head away. What!! I am not used to this! My OH never gets cross about anything (apart from his mother's addiction to buying QVC jewellery, asking him to redecorate bedrooms no-one ever stays in and mournful sigh that she 'only has a few months left now' - she's been saying this for the past 15 years btw) so when he does it's quite funny. And disconcerting!

So we ordered coffee and he hissed at me over a skinny cappuccino and it turns out something I said last week was the cause of it all. Blinking heck - if I'm p'd off with something someone says I tell them right away! Talk about festering. Anyway he festered for good reason he says. Last week we were in Bath and it would have been my son's 21st birthday and I was fragile cos I have lots of bittersweet memories of my son playing in the park in Bath so I was close to tears most of the day and terribly sad. OH didn't like to add to my woes! Aah.

So all is fine now - what I said he had completely misunderstood btw - and hopefully we won't be giving each other the evils in our friends' company tonight over the rack of lamb with a redurrant jus.

A couple of weeks ago I downloaded a 'Lose Weight' app for my iphone. It's by Andrew Johnson for anyone interested. And it's actually rather good. I've been listening to it every day and by now I must have heard, 'you are going to STOP eating fattening foods' about a thousand times. And I think maybe it's starting to work. I seem to have lost my desire to eat hot buttered pieces of toast at ten o'clock at night. Way-hey!

On another positive note I don't know whether it's cos my eyesight is just getting worse but my skin seems to be looking better. Started using L'Oreal's Revitalift a few weeks ago, morning and night - again for anyone interested - and now whenever I look in the mirror to put my make-up on instead of being plunged into morbid despair I am now merely plunged into a medium depression.

Diet wise things going well. I made Britmum's bacon, cheese and tomato quiche yesterday. The pastry is made with mostly potato and my god it was gorgeous. Should have taken a photo really cos it really did look and taste scrummy. I had it with a large salad and Jersey Royals. Now I'm not a huge potato fan - probably my least favourite vegetable - but I'd forgotten how gorgeous Jersey Royals are. And the kitchen smelled lovely with them being boiled up with mint.

This morning I had 28 gm Dorset Cereals muesli - not even sure if that's allowed as a HexB but in my book it is - and 2 boiled eggs. Had to have the eggs because 28 gm of muesli barely registers in my brain as anything more than 2 specks of dust. More quiche and salad for lunch. Yummy. Am enjoying being back on SW. For now!

Excellent news that all is sorted with you and OH. I'm like you, if something p's me off, I say straightaway - I'm a blurter! :rotflmao: I like that word! I don't always think that's the best way to be though although it's better than festering. The problem with being a blurter is that you don't always choose your words carefully when expressing your anger/hurt or whatever it is and that can sometimes upgrade the problem from a minor slight to a full-scale battle. However, it's what I do! :D Anyway, glad it's all sorted for you both!

Sending big hugs and thoughts your way regarding your son and what would have been his birthday, it must be a difficult time for you, I can only imagine. It's strange the way memories tie in to particular things, the strangest things can set me off on a trail of memories about my parents.

Well, just a flying visit - not even time to visit my own diary :8855: Husband is in for his foot op this morning and it's time I phoned to see how it went and if he's awake enough yet for me to go up there and annoy him! That's my job and one I seemingly do well ;) :D

Onwards and downwards!

Think it's about time I recorded on here my 100% days - as they have been more or less non-existent the past 2 months. The evidence is in the mirror, and in the tightness of my jeans.

As anyone who has valiantly managed to wade through my previous musings knows my attitude to life and dieting generally is that while my health and the way I look are very important to me, so is my love of good food and the knowledge that life really is very short. So it's a constant balancing act. I feel a bit like a pilot constantly having to veer back on course.

When I was 18 I remember being 9 and a half stone and genuinely thinking I was fat. Feeling the odd one out in the crowd. Always embarrassed by the size of my stomach compared to everyone else's. I look back now with wry amusement. 9 and a half stone! I was perfectly normal. Absolutely fine. These days I'm happy (well not happy but reasonably content) if I get down to 11 and a half stone. Which is definitely overweight for my height but I know that if I could get down to 9.5 stone again (the lure would have to be something like the promise of £1million or a cure for cystic fibrosis) then I would stay there for about 3 nanoseconds then the weight would go back up again.

Because I like food too much, and my metabolism and ability to burn off fat is not what it was when I was younger.

So anyway - I digress. What I'm saying in a roundabout way is that given all the things above my attitude to dieting is to stick 100% to SW when I can. ie when I'm at home. And not beat myself up if I enjoy a glass of wine and a delicious steak and homemade chips when I'm out. Because that is a lifestyle I can sustain. I can't sustain - long term - any other way.

So my personal challenge is to stick to SW 100% 6 days a week. And I'm hoping writing my 100% days on here will keep me on the straight and narrow.

Yesterday I had:

Brekkie - 2 poached eggs, one slice wholemeal toast (HexB)

Lunch: bacon, cheese and tomato quiche, huge salad, one teaspoon Mary Berry Dressing (4)

5pm: pear, 2 left over cold new potatoes

7pm: Chinese pork (BritMum recipe) with rice, peas and roasted BNS. (2)

10pm: small bit of left over Chinese pork and rice (meant to have yoghurt but felt really hungry) (say 1)

So - 100% day. Hooray!

I've been reading some of the Lighter Life diaries. They're fascinating. While I know I couldn't do it myself I am starting to see the appeal of LL. ie little or no hunger if done properly, a relatively quick way to deal with a distressing problem (ie serious obesity) some people have had for years, and a break from the torment of food choices which some people have real difficulty with. If I was more desperate than I am now, and didn't have a social life, the thought of doing LLL and getting rid of this excess lard in a very short space of time would actually be quite tempting. Hmmm.

I know I'm the only person in the universe who thinks this, and I risk being shot down in flames, but I'd like to state for the record that in my opinion Slimming World Magazine is absolute rubbish.

There. I've said it. Feel better now.

For a start the letters page. What tripe! Every bloody issue all they have are letters banging on about how marvellous such and such an article in last month's mag was. Of course when I looked closer I see they offer £25 per letter. Explains it. Boring, boring, boring. Yawn, yawn, yawn.

Then the 'true life' stories. God - another yawn. As someone else on Minimins said, we didn't all become fat by eating non-stop deep fried pizzas, Big Macs and Pot Noodles ad nauseam. Some of us got fat by eating good healthy food, just too much of it. But every story starts off with what Mr or Mrs Newly Slinky used to eat and invariably their diet used to be so bad that frankly I'm amazed they're still alive. And they invariably also discover exercise! For the first time!! And it has changed their life!!!!

And then... don't get me started on the constant adverts for SW consultants. In a magazine that we pay for. Btw if anyone is wondering why on earth I buy it when I loath it so much the reason is it gets sent to me as part of the Body Optimising membership thingy. Even though I'm no longer a member I get sent it for a year.

But worst of all, to me, is that it's so blinking patronising. It speaks to us as if we're educationally subnormal 5 year olds who have never heard of spinach before.

Don't get me wrong - I love the Slimming World diet but I really, really think their magazine is pants. Just in case anyone was in any doubt. :rolleyes:

Hi Sorus!

No, you're not the only person in the universe who feels like that - I do too! For a few months I bought the magazine thinking it would fill me full of enthusiasm and give me loads of ideas and inspiration. After buying about 3 or 4, I realised it was just the same thing over and over again, so stopped buying it.

Oh yeah, my Mum goes to WW and gets their magazine and I found it hard to tell the difference!

Tracy

Hi tracejovi! Nice of you to pop by. And such a relief to hear I'm not the only one who thinks the magazine is rubbish. I really thought I was!

Well it's very late Sunday night and I should be going to bed. But I just wanted to write down, while I'm in the groove so to speak, that I've been having a major think this weekend. I've been doing lots of reading and thinking and I've decided.... roll of drums.... that I need to do something completely different. And that something is a VLCD.

I've done a complete U turn on my opinion of these. I use to dismiss them as pointless cos you just put the weight back on, they don't teach you to eat healthily blah, blah, blah, but for reasons I mentioned in a previous post I am so tempted to give one a try.

I'm off to Center Parc with friends for a weekend in 3 weeks' time and it would be fab to be 10 pounds lighter by then. I've been lured in by VLCD diaries recording weight losses nearly every day. It's just too compelling! Maybe I'm mad. But I've been faffing around with SW for too long now. Think I just need a change for a bit. SW will always be my default weightloss plan though and I'm sure I'll be back on it very soon. :rolleyes:

Tomorrow I'm going to order some stuff from Exante, simply cos I can't be bothered to wait to see an LL or CD counsellor. Maybe once I've been to Center Parc I'll do it properly with a counsellor etc.

So from tomorrow, unless I change my mind in the night, I'll be writing a diary in the Exante section. Will need to do something to distract me from all thoughts of food... :character00148:

Just a quickie as I'm in a very growly mood so much so that I'm avoiding my diary on the basis that I have nothing nice to say so therefore I must say nothing :rotflmao:

In spite of this I thought I'd post quickly and pretend to be nice although it pains me at the moment to do so ;) :p Good luck with VLCD thingo .... not heard of Exante but I'll look it up later. I did the Cambridge diet about 20 years ago and it worked very well for me, also when I did go back to real food I managed to keep the weight off for some considerable time. My view is that if it can work for you then go for it - my daughter is still at an age where I wouldn't like her to see me eating anything other than a "normal" diet, I so don't want her mind to be troubled with diets and stuff, otherwise I might well have joined you! Actually I see quite a few people who switch to SW for maintenance when they get to target on their VLCDs so maybe your experience over the last few months will be put to good use when you get to target as a way to maintain and counteract your dining-out devilments!

So I'll stick with my long haul trucking while you hopefully whizz down the fast lane in your Aston Martin DB7 :D First to target has to make the teas and coffees though, so you might want to start filling the kettle!

I'll keep an eye on you even though you're going over to the dark side as otherwise I'd miss your musings.

Good luck :fingerscrossed:

Back