SOS! Which Diet?

Sara4

Gold Member
Hi everyone.

I don't know which forum to put this on! So hoping to hit some floaters from other forums here.

I have lost 3.5-4 stone via TFR several times before. I have also lost the same 4 stone via weight watchers and fanatical exercise. I have put it back on every time!

This time I have 2 tots and find getting out to exercise very difficult (lone parent), But just not enjoying TFR this time. I am too moody on it! My tots are suffering big time. I am ashamed of how grumpy I have been with my girls. They are just dotes and dont deserve that! I am fighting with them all day! I would honestly drop dead of a heart attack than be the meany I have been this past week! :wave_cry:

So I am asking for advice! What diet should I do? I don't mind doing the 2 shakes and an evening meal. Should my meal be high protein, low calorie, low carb, low fat, or what?? Can any of you recommend a diet?

I have seen the boards for lighter life, exante, etc but don't know what they are about or sucesses?

Can anyone recommend?

I don't know why I found this time on TFR so difficult and why I was so irritable. I also was falling asleep for the past 10 days on it which didn't happen before. But I haven't felt "right!" on it this time. And God knows the cow I have been this week.

I want to lose weight to enjoy my girls to the utmost and to have as long as possible with them. But I have been awful with them this past 10 days.

Any advice very welcome!

hi there,

exante, and lighter life are also meal reaplacement diets, exante being one you can get from over the net, delivered to your home.

as someone who has done exante mixed with Cambridge, i also know the grumpyness you are talking about, and i found it hard the second time round.

ive also done slim fast, which is 2 shakes and a healthy low calorie (max 600 cals) and 3 100 cal snacks,
this worked for me,
but if you are wanting food, and if you are moody with meal replacment diets, then maybe food is what you need just the right ones.

have you thought of slimming world. its not like weight watchers like you have tried, you dont have to weigh the free foods, and i have found i have learnt a lot more about different foods, and concentrating on having free foods rather than syns, then i have worked it well with exercise (not always been at the gym, i do jillian michaels work out dvd's, wii fit, and loads more in the comfort of my own home.)

this is my own personal thoughts, and i cant tell you what to do, just food for thought :)

Good luck in what ever it is that you choose.

Slimming World all the way...proper meals shared with all the family. No separate meals to prepare...get the girls in the kitchen with you and make it fun!

Btw, I started 4 months ago and have just gained my 3 stones award, so it isn't necessarily that slow.

I have tried several diets and the thing is you need to be in the right frame of mind with all of them. I would recommend you consider your lifestyle and how a diet might fit in with you and go from there.

I hope you don't mind my ramblings! I hope you find one that suits you x

Last edited:
anitaan said:
are you spamming jayde??

What do you mean? Have I done something wrong!! If so I will ask it to be deleted it was a link to their site is all :0 sorry!!!!!!

Have edited it all cause I don't know which bit was bad!

sara, to be honest, I don't think you have a problem loosing it, it's the maintenance. Whatever program you work with to loose wont keep the lbs off for you when you go back to same eating.
Think about why you put the weight back on, and what kinda of diet will work best to help you to re-learn eating.
With wee ones about all day, I know life can get pretty insane and you end up snacking rather than eating properly, so a diet that suits your life is essential :)
How soon do you want to loose the weight again, is this a quick fix or a slower journey thats kinder to fitting in with life and all the things we have to deal with like days out, parties etc. Could you say no to them when on a more rigid diet?
Personally I would say ww for practicality. I mean you can deal with unplanned and planned meals out fairly easily and sort some dinner in a hurry without hassle.
I hope you find the right plan for you and have a chat with some people who maintain here and see if they can give you some keys to keeping it off for good :)
Best of luck hun :D

Hi everyone.

I don't know which forum to put this on! So hoping to hit some floaters from other forums here.

I have lost 3.5-4 stone via TFR several times before. I have also lost the same 4 stone via weight watchers and fanatical exercise. I have put it back on every time!

This time I have 2 tots and find getting out to exercise very difficult (lone parent), But just not enjoying TFR this time. I am too moody on it! My tots are suffering big time. I am ashamed of how grumpy I have been with my girls. They are just dotes and dont deserve that! I am fighting with them all day! I would honestly drop dead of a heart attack than be the meany I have been this past week! :wave_cry:

So I am asking for advice! What diet should I do? I don't mind doing the 2 shakes and an evening meal. Should my meal be high protein, low calorie, low carb, low fat, or what?? Can any of you recommend a diet?

I have seen the boards for lighter life, exante, etc but don't know what they are about or sucesses?

Can anyone recommend?

I don't know why I found this time on TFR so difficult and why I was so irritable. I also was falling asleep for the past 10 days on it which didn't happen before. But I haven't felt "right!" on it this time. And God knows the cow I have been this week.

I want to lose weight to enjoy my girls to the utmost and to have as long as possible with them. But I have been awful with them this past 10 days.

Any advice very welcome!

Whatever you do, you should never replace real food with shakes in order to lose weight.. Not if you want to keep it off anyway.. As soon as you start eating properly again your body will store every last calorie you take in coz it will be in fear of being starved again..
Would you try Slimming World?? I haven't been on it, but a few friends with kids have and find it brilliant.. You can eat as much rice, pasta, potatoes, eggs, lean meat n fish as you like.. And with cooking for the kiddies will fit rite in.. Rather than with WW having to have weighed out portions etc...
Good luck with whichever you choose.. x

Starlight said:
It wasnt bad at all Jayne, I think someone was trying to cause trouble

Thanks Starlight x :)

Thanks everyone for the replies. I have eaten the last 2 days and just so much calmer!! Really can't understand why TFR affected me this way this time!

Anyway not rushing into it. Looking at sw and ww and exante. Will decide in the next day or two. Would like to lose it fast but actually what GLL says is so true. Maintenance is my issue - my comfort eating is the problem. So have to find a way of looking at that too.

I really appreciate the replies. They all helped!
xx

Hi Sara,

How are you feeling today? Xx

Hope you are all sorted and ready to start whichever diet you feel will suit u best xx

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

Back