Soup help required...

emmapetty

Going for Goal!
What is the best way to mix a soup? I have a blender, but i find it very off putting when the soups are frothy.

I love frothy milkshakes, but not soups!

I have tried mixing the soups by hand but it was lumpy and not at all appetising!

Also - Leek and Potato - any good?

Thanks again peeps x x x

I just had the leek and potato soup and i didnt like it at all. Or the chicken and mushroom. But, some people love them - everyone hs different tastes. I mixed mine into a paste with some cold water before adding the hot water and then whisking it. X

Firstly, I HATE the leek and pot soup- with a passion!! It actually made me vommit when I tried it. But some people love it, so give it a try.

When I do soup (very rarely) I use the blender to 'pulse' it about 10-12 times and it isn't too frothy. Then while it is heating on the stove, I skim the little bits of froth off and its not too bad. HTH :D

Firstly, I HATE the leek and pot soup- with a passion!! It actually made me vommit when I tried it. But some people love it, so give it a try.

When I do soup (very rarely) I use the blender to 'pulse' it about 10-12 times and it isn't too frothy. Then while it is heating on the stove, I skim the little bits of froth off and its not too bad. HTH :D

ooh that sounds a good idea, pulsing it then warming on the stove. I'll def give that a go. Not too sure about giving the leek and potato a go now tho...lol

I didn't like a lot of the soups when i did the diet first time round, i lived on shakes and hot chcolote, but consequently was cold a lot of the time, esp when i'd lost a fair bit of weight.

Most of the soups make me gag, esp chilli and mushroom. It's odd how your taste buds change.:rolleyes:

If you don't like the soup but want something warm- give the porridge a go. It really is scrummy and warms you up. I don't even like it when I'm not on CD!

God, I couldn't be bother with all that malarky - I pour boiling water out of the kettle in the mug and mix it with a fork, the same way I would make a cup-a-soup. I have at least one soup a day, either vegetable, oriental chilli or chicken and mushroom. Veg is the nicest, the other two are edible but taste a bit powdery to me. Leek & Potato and the Broccoli one - :jelous::jelous:

I too find them powdery Mia, but I find the method I use makes it a little less obvious. Somebody recommended I try it this way on my first day, and it has made them more edible for me. I'm still not the greatest soup fan though, and will chose shakes and porridge over them any day.

I am beginning to go off the porridge now. I made one last night for my supper and I couldn't stomach it. Funny isn't it how our taste change throughout this diet. Maybe I am just lazy Lisalulu and I don't want to do the dishes :)

I am beginning to go off the porridge now. I made one last night for my supper and I couldn't stomach it. Funny isn't it how our taste change throughout this diet. Maybe I am just lazy Lisalulu and I don't want to do the dishes :)

It is odd isn't it? I used to find the porridge too sweet, but now find it quite salty and have to actually had a sweetener tablet to it to make it palettable.

As for the washing up.... what are men for?? And my h2b looks super sexy in nothing but an apron and some marigolds ;)

ohh i love the chicken and mushroom soup , and i didnt realise there was so many ways to mix a soup !!i just empty the packet pour on boling water then it goes in a bowl and i eat!!!....im gutted really as i dont have any soups left its all shakes ....

Back