Soup maker offer in SW mag

Spanx

Pea on legs!
Hi all,

Has anyone got one of these Morphy Richards soup makers?

They're on offer in the latest magazine and I would be very interested to know what you think of it before I invest!

Have a look on amazon or somewhere similar and see if anyone has put up any reviews.

Personally I make severel batches of soup a week and can't see the point of having a gadget taking up.space when a saucepan and stick blender do the same job just as easily- but that's just me!!

I agree with the others, making soup is easy peasy, aside from my blender, stock pot and sharp knife there is nothing else I need :D

hi, sorry, have to agree with the others, you'd be better off getting a slow cooker for around£5-10, much more useful and great for making soups:D

I can see your point, but I am a bit of a kitchen gadget freak!

I have a slow cooker, steamer, food processor and mini chopper and they all get used regularly. I also have a toasted sandwich maker, which no longer gets much use, apart from when my son wants to make me salivate by having a cheese toastie!

My thinking re the soup maker was that I could chuck extra veg in there to make soup for my lunch next day, while I was cooking dinner. As a single mum who works full time, anything that saves time - and washing up - is worth considering!

Offer is for £64.99 instead of £99 - still expensive, but a lot cheaper than any of the other soup makers out there - although it makes less soup - 1l instead of 1.4l...

Sounds like you have already made up your mind but it just seems to me that you can do what you are proposing in your slow cooker or just another pot. And you'll get a heck of a lot more than 1 litre of soup.

Thanks Circes.

I haven't made my mind up to buy it, but I have made my mind up that if it is something I would use, makes good soup and therefore makes it easier for me to make a cheap and healthy lunch, then, from my perspective it wouldn't be a waste of money - not the same thing I don't think!

That's why I'm interested to know if anyone has used a soup maker and if they have, what their views are.

I've only made soup a couple of times in my slow cooker - once it was so vile I threw it away, but that could have been the mix of ingredients (I think it was cauliflower and bean or something similar). My favourite is leek and potato, which I have made a few times in a pan, but then had to blend it in a food processor, as my hand blender wasn't up to the job.

I've never made soup in a slow cooker - it's so quick to make it seems like a longer process using a slow-cooker! Be interested to give it a whirl out of interest though.

Thanks Circes.

I haven't made my mind up to buy it, but I have made my mind up that if it is something I would use, makes good soup and therefore makes it easier for me to make a cheap and healthy lunch, then, from my perspective it wouldn't be a waste of money - not the same thing I don't think!

That's why I'm interested to know if anyone has used a soup maker and if they have, what their views are.

I've only made soup a couple of times in my slow cooker - once it was so vile I threw it away, but that could have been the mix of ingredients (I think it was cauliflower and bean or something similar). My favourite is leek and potato, which I have made a few times in a pan, but then had to blend it in a food processor, as my hand blender wasn't up to the job.

The soup will not be made good by the machine. It will only be as good as the ingredients you put in it. If you made vile soup that was not down to the slow cooker.
Fresh veg soup often needs a bit of help flavour-wise so if you use a good stock cube it will make all the difference.
I add spices, chillies and mint sauce. Yummy and not a machine of any kind in sight.

Sorry to disagree but the machine is fantastic a litre of soup in 15 mins cooked fresh and full of flavour no contest ..was insure until I borrowed one ..Can't wait till back in stock

The soup will not be made good by the machine. It will only be as good as the ingredients you put in it. If you made vile soup that was not down to the slow cooker.
Fresh veg soup often needs a bit of help flavour-wise so if you use a good stock cube it will make all the difference.
I add spices, chillies and mint sauce. Yummy and not a machine of any kind in sight.

Sorry to disagree but the machine is fantastic a litre of soup in 15 mins cooked fresh and full of flavour no contest ..was insure until I borrowed one ..Can't wait till back in stock

The above show how different we all are.

Speaking for myself, I don't even need/use a stick blender! - if the veggies are cut too big/coarse, I mash 'em with a potato masher lol.

As for soup in 15 minutes, why?

I cook my soup very slowly (in a pan - not a slow cooker) as I make quite a lot, and have all day to do it in. I prefer to let it simmer and cook real slow.....

Back