Soups

on the verge

Hope every one is havin a fab day.

Have spent the last hour reading some amazing LL diaries! Am planning to stay in for the long haul.

TO HELP WITH THE LONG HAUL BIT......... I am having to try and make my soups better !!

I am on day 5 on LL. Feeling Fab. Drinking loads of water. I think my skin looks so much better today.....can see a glow that once used to be.:giggle:

But I must be honest .......I dont feel hungry and my mouth tastes YUCK so i think Ketosis has arrived. BUT I am finding the soups difficult. I have tried the veg, chicken, mushroom and ministrone.....with and without tabasco. They taste a bit chalky. I am not sure if i am not making it right. I just put the powder in a bowel and add a few teas spoons of boiling water and make it to a paste and then slowly add more to make it thinner. BUT i keep tasting CHALK. I like the porridge and the hot vanilla shake with coffee. These are the two that i enjoy. I am a savoury girl and would really like to get the soup right.
ANy advice will be very helpful.

I just put around 400ml of water in a measuring jug throw the whole ministrone pack in and us a hand whisk for a min or two and it usually tastes ok

Well done on getting to day five. You're onto the best bit now where the weight just falls off and you start to have more energy and feel great! In terms of the soups, put the hot water in the bowl first then whisk in the powder into it with a fork and it should be fine. All the best with your journey!

Thank you ladies ......I will try this today. Perhaps I have not been putting enough water in it !

WOW round rachel .......... u r not so round anymore. You looks AMAZING.

I too use 400 ml for soups. Not sure how muih I use for Minsetrone, Sh Pie or Chili because I dont make them in a measuring jug but I know I use more then they reccomend.

Soups, I use a stick blender, and its smooth as silk. I have never tasted powder that some people do.

Chili, etc., I mix in a bowl with a fork or a little whisk, then nuke for 1 minute. If too thick I will add a bit of hot water until its as thin or thick as I like it.

You will find just the right combo for your liking by playing around. :)

Hi BL

I was definately using less water. Tonight I used 400ml and left it for a min and it was good. Happy now.
I was getting worried. Didn't think i could last long if it tasted like powder. Glad to say that problem is solved.

:) I had an issue with the porridge ... now I only have drinks, I make all of mine with 400 -450 mls water it gives me a bit more volume and it also helps with the fluid intake
:) I blitz with hand blender they are fine tabasco and black pepper to savory, tablet sweetner to the vanilla with a spoon of decaff coffee thats me sorted.......

I also use more water than they state, they taste better and as per previous post it adds to the water intake for the day, and use a mini balloon whisk to make sure its smooth, for the soups. I only like the mushroom now, my taste buds have changed on LL.
Shakes I mix with ice in a Kenwood smoothie maker and water, so they are smooth like MacDonalds!
Shepherds pie, and Chilli I add fresh ground black pepper and Tabasco to give them some welly!
Jx

Back