Soya Cheese on Simply Filling

Stef84

I was looking through the food lists and noticed that Soya cheese isn't on the UK list but is on the US list. Does anyone know if I would have to count the points for any soya cheese in the UK or do you just think that they've just not put it on the UK list but is a Simply Filling food?

Here are the lists that I've seen if anyone wants to have a look.

UK food list

US food list

Its really interesting to see the difference in the lists. The US one doesn't have any bread products on at all whereas there seems to be alot of free bread products like crumpets, wraps etc in the UK version.

The interesting part for me was that the US one lists tempeh and seiten as free, I am considering stealing that and tweaking the UK one to include these I used to make my own seiten from vital wheat gluten and make things like vegan chorizo and stuff which was really nice. For the soy cheese it would maybe be a case of comparing the nutritional values of the ones available in the US and UK as things can be really quite different. If the nutritional info is different it might be best to count it from your weeklies rather tweak too far but I guess you could try it and see if it affects your losses and if not continue with it.

How long have you been doing SF? Do you have a diary anywhere?

Atomic pink said:
Its really interesting to see the difference in the lists. The US one doesn't have any bread products on at all whereas there seems to be alot of free bread products like crumpets, wraps etc in the UK version.

The interesting part for me was that the US one lists tempeh and seiten as free, I am considering stealing that and tweaking the UK one to include these I used to make my own seiten from vital wheat gluten and make things like vegan chorizo and stuff which was really nice. For the soy cheese it would maybe be a case of comparing the nutritional values of the ones available in the US and UK as things can be really quite different. If the nutritional info is different it might be best to count it from your weeklies rather tweak too far but I guess you could try it and see if it affects your losses and if not continue with it.

How long have you been doing SF? Do you have a diary anywhere?

Thanks for that. I'll compare them when I get chance. :)

Today is the first day I've tried SF so haven't got a specific diary but I do have a general diary, I think it's linked in my signature but as I'm on my phone at the moment I can't see. :)

Ah, I was on my phone earlier also and didn't notice. Will pop over and have a look. You've done really well on the weight loss so far, was that on WW?

Popcorn is free in the us and so is lamb! Y can't we have that?

I never noticed the lamb. They can keep popcorn. Ick! It is wierd that no bread products are free on the US version.

Ah, I was on my phone earlier also and didn't notice. Will pop over and have a look. You've done really well on the weight loss so far, was that on WW?

I think I am just going to have the soya cheese as a SF food. It's fairly low on points so as long as I don't eat whole packs at a time I should be alright. :)

I've only recently been trying WW as I happened to find a free tracking and points calculator app for my phone. I've lost most of my weight through a combination of Slimming World and being more sensible with my food.

Yeh I got excited about popcorn being free when I read it before.

I would probably point soya cheese since I point normal cheese but I do tweak other things so guess its just personal choice. My view is that since I don't count any activity points and use them officially they will cover the couple points that tweaks use! X

Back