SP days, beans and bloating

Nettee

Silver Member
I have been trying some SP days and have upped my consumption of beans (mostly borlotti so far) to fill me up. Meals would be 1/4 meat, 1/4 beans and 1/2 speed food. To add to to mix I have been using most of my HexBs on whole meal bread.

With daily weighing (naughty I know) I have been a bit disappointed in the effect of an SP day and wonder if the increase in pulses have a temporary weight gain type effect due to bloating. Could be the extra bread I suppose.

Anyone else find this with beans? I know the are not compulsory on SP - perhaps I should stick to meat and veg and see how I get on. Or quit the daily weigh in! Or go back to red days and enjoy my extra cheese and potato. :)

Hmm...could be beans or bread, the only way is to "suck it and see" don't eat the beans and see what happens.
And... weight does fluctuage throughout the week. So you could still lose on your "official" weigh-in

Thanks for your reply. EE day yesterday and a bit over my syns but the scales were kind this morning. Could be delayed effect of SP day now showing.

Daily weighing is enough to drive anyone crazy with mad theories.....

I weigh in daily too and drive myself crazy with it!

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins.com

yes - it is hard to resist. I had a roast this evening, all within plan but I bet I have a gain in the morning just due to the volume of food eaten.

THROW YOUR SCALES AWAY!!!

When I moved house I dumped my scales in the skip and haven't looked back; my weight losses have been far better from not checking. It really isn't needed; you think you need it, but you really, really don't!

Beans are full of fibre so unless you are drinking plenty of water, a good 2ltrs if not more, you won't be pushing the fibre through, so you will feel bloated and sluggish. Drink more, eat more fruit to go with it, and you'll get the full 'speed' effects!

Back