SP???

What does SP stand for?? I keep seeing SP at the slimming world web page recipes...

Thank you for the reply!! Really useful post!! So, now we have to syn the carbs too??? That's not good news... :(

No, it doesn't mean you have to syn the carbs (not the free food ones like potatoes and pasta and rice etc). It means that if you have them, you're doing EE rather than SP. I think the overall aim is to get you to think about reducing your carbohydrate portions - but you don't have to, you can just follow EE instead.

Oh ok, i understand now...that's a relief :D thank youuu.. which one between sp and ee do you all prefer then? :)

Thank you so much for the reply..really helpful :) happy new year to you all!!

I am thinking of EE being the "everyday" plan, and SP being the one to use for a short-term boost.

Some other people seem to be thinking of using SP all the time.

I would find that a bit restrictive, but it's everyone's personal choice.

I am thinking of EE being the "everyday" plan, and SP being the one to use for a short-term boost.

Some other people seem to be thinking of using SP all the time.

I would find that a bit restrictive, but it's everyone's personal choice.

I agree with this. SW actually recommend following SP for a week at first and if you want to continue with it then you should 'build in some standard EE days to make sure you're getting a beautifully balanced diet'. You can get a special SP food diary from your C.

On this new SP plan, can I just ask someone whose got the books already (I'm waiting to get my new books next weds as have been away).. The hex.b list...does it contain a small portion of potatoes etc (like the old original plan did) ? Or, is the only way to get a jacket spud with my evening meal to 'syn' it? I get the proportion idea and am excited to have a change to 'shake things up' (been EE for last 18mths v.successfully)..just trying to get my head around some food plan ideas. :)

On this new SP plan, can I just ask someone whose got the books already (I'm waiting to get my new books next weds as have been away).. The hex.b list...does it contain a small portion of potatoes etc (like the old original plan did) ? Or, is the only way to get a jacket spud with my evening meal to 'syn' it? I get the proportion idea and am excited to have a change to 'shake things up' (been EE for last 18mths v.successfully)..just trying to get my head around some food plan ideas. :)

SP doesn't have a separate HEx list. Slimming Kitchen has done an excellent thread, explaining all. You'll find it in the 'stickies' section up above.

(Sorry, I can't remember how to post the link)

Oh ok, thanks I'll have a look (although I'm sure all will become clear when consultant goes through it with us on weds) :)

The link to the sticky thread is http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world/348340-extra-easy-sp-plan.html

It is worth reading all the thread, but it includes this quote from the website which covers the query you have:

"potatoes and yogurt are Free Foods, so (as long as there are no tweaks involved) they don’t have a Syn value. They’re just not low enough in energy density to count as a Speed food, or high enough in protein to be a Protein-rich food.The focus of Extra Easy sp is on Speed and Protein foods. If you want to eat a Free Food that doesn’t fall into these categories, that’s fine, and you will lose weight! You don’t need to count them as Syns and there’s a special section on the Extra Easy sp food diary to jot down these occasional Free Foods. However, if you really want to boost your weight loss and tighten up, stick with s and p. And…. if you’re sticking religiously to Extra Easy sp, you can still have one Healthy Extra ‘a’ and two ‘b’ choices, as well as your 5-15 Syns as usual."

Thank you all for your replies and your ideas for Extra Easy Sp.. i think i will do SP as a booster for like 1-2 days weekly (started SP today and trying to get rid of some x-mas calories with fruits & veges) and the normal EE as an everyday plan..
Wishing you all slimmers a happy & positive new year!! :)

Back