Spa Break .... any ideas???

Diva

Cambridge Diet Counsellor
Hi Guys

I think the time has come for me to admit that I need a mini break to relax and rejuvenate!! We're in the middle of moving house so haven't been able to take a family holiday this year and it is really beginning to show in my whole approach and attitude towards life at the moment!!!:(

Was supposed to be going on a mini cruise with my best mate in September but lets just say if that happens it will be an absolute miracle as already she has started making her "let down" noises!!! :mad:

Anyhow, I've decided that I'd like to go away that weekend (15th-17th September) for a relaxing spa break...trouble is everywhere seems sooooooo expensive!

Have any of you got any ideas? Preferably I'd like 2 nights away....

Check out late deals on www.centreparcs.co.uk

We are going away there this weekend on a late deal and is £200 for the two of us for a weekend when it would have been £415.

Got myself some lovely things booked including a full body shiatsu!

M.

Sounds good....thanks Mike! :)

One of the girls here raves about Ragdale (I think!), says it is lovely but I think quite expensive.

M.

Center Parcs is looking like a very real possibility...however, any other ideas??

I came across this place the other day and think I may take my mum for her 60th this year.

http://www.waterfallspa.co.uk/

Maybe you could book a hotel close by and then just do the day spa?

It isn't cheap though but looks fab!

Hi Diva!

A friend of mine has been to Hoar Cross Hall a couple of times and really rates it - this is the web link - I've had a look but no prices! (There are prices - click on residential and then the next link and it should bring them up - quite pricey tho!) you can request a brochure too.....

http://www.hoarcross.co.uk/index.html

Hope the move goes well - I feel like we are moving house as am packing for 5 to go to Spain Thursday morning for 3 weeks!

Whereever you decide hope you have a fab time.....

Love

Last edited:
Hi Mich,

I hope you will have a lovely holiday in Spain:)

Did you get a whole new wardrobe to go with your new figure?

Will you be able to stay in touch when your over there?

I was so excited about Joice talking to us all the way from India!

Love Mini xxx

Hi Mich,

I hope you will have a lovely holiday in Spain:)

Did you get a whole new wardrobe to go with your new figure?

Will you be able to stay in touch when your over there?

I was so excited about Joice talking to us all the way from India!

Love Mini xxx

Hi Mini!

Thanks - I am really looking forward to the hols but will be glad when we are there - I am stressed to the max trying to pack for the five of us and clean the house before we go! I have got a whole new wardrobe but it's not as small as I was hoping for:( Over the last couple of months I've really gone off track and messed about when I should have been at target - however, I am STILL almost 6 stone lighter than last year so it's not all bad....LOL

Not sure if I'll be able to be in touch whilst away - but if I find an internet cafe then who knows;)

Take care.
Love

Hi Mich,

Keeping 6 stone off is a fair achievement and one to be very proud of and it is 6 stone that you do not have to carry around with you on your holidays!!!

When you get back after your holiday I know you, you will be back on the wagon and you will shift that last niggly bit in no time.

How many people have you to pack for???

It would be lovely if you get a chance to drop in and tell us how your getting on and what the food is like and the weather, what am I like food on the brain...

I know the five stone that I am down on last year has made a huge difference in how I feel and I would hate to have to carry it around on those hot days we had.

It could still be hot for all I know as I am back in ketosis and lets say comfortable...but I am taking my hot water to bed with me at night:eek:

Love Mini xxx

Hi Mich,

Keeping 6 stone off is a fair achievement and one to be very proud of and it is 6 stone that you do not have to carry around with you on your holidays!!!

When you get back after your holiday I know you, you will be back on the wagon and you will shift that last niggly bit in no time.

How many people have you to pack for???

It would be lovely if you get a chance to drop in and tell us how your getting on and what the food is like and the weather, what am I like food on the brain...

I know the five stone that I am down on last year has made a huge difference in how I feel and I would hate to have to carry it around on those hot days we had.

It could still be hot for all I know as I am back in ketosis and lets say comfortable...but I am taking my hot water to bed with me at night:eek:

Love Mini xxx

Hi Mini!

I've just packed for about 500 it feels like.....LOL Seriously though I am packing for 5 - me, hubby and 3 kids. I have packed and then unpacked and re-packed with less stuff - every year I say we are cutting down and every year we take too much! We are going to my parents house is Spain (Anja on the WeMitt site has a place there too....small world!) and it'll be great to see people we haven't seen since last year.....they will be in for a surprise.

I have really found the benefit of loosing 6 stone - I have not been have as hot and uncomfortable as last year and Im enjoying wearing nicer clothes in a size 16:D When I started I felt like a 19 stone woman desperate to loose the weight and got to 13 stone and felt comfortable - hence why I've been up and down - got a bit complacent if the truth be known:eek: Now I feel like a 13 stone woman who is fat and needs to loose 2-3 stone to feel really good - so after the hols I will be on a mission to get the rest off - in time for the Birmingham WeMitt meet......

Will be busy tomorrow so not sure if I'll get chance to drop in - but if I do find and internet cafe I'll drop in and say hi and let you know about the food Mini....LOL - I'm just the same....always thinking about food.....

Lots of love

I live in Cirencester and we have a great place called Le Spa.
They do some good deals there and if you fancy a night out in town there is plenty to do. I could even meet up with you and do the tourist guide thingie!
check it out here: http://www.lespa.com/

Marie

Have just had a look Marie and it is gorgeous....gonna call them first thing in the morning! Thanks hun...:) x

Back