Red Day Spag Bol minus the spag!

stivesliz

Gold Member
I am trying my hardest to cut back on the carbs at the moment and it seems to be suiting me. I had some mince in the fridge and decided to do bolgnaise sauce with it - minus the spaghetti!

I have cut 2 peppers in half, blanched them and then stuffed them with the sauce and have sprinkled my HEA choice of mozzarella over the top. They are currently baking in my oven while I have a cheeky glass of merlot and I must say are smelling and looking lovely. x

also in one of the old sw books it gives a recipe with the bolognese but served with beansprouts

Where can you buy butternut squash? I've been looking for it for years and never found it.

The only high st shop Ive seen them in is Waitrose. Otherwise you'll probably need a farmer's market or something. But we might passed the harvest for the year really, not many squashes about now.

i have bought butternutt squash in Tesco ready cut! some places don't sell them whole!

You can still get BNS in most supermarkets, but the others are harder to find this time of year.

Trying this tomorrow! Although that glass of wine does sound appealing now..

Back