Spaghetti Carbonara

BritMumInCanada

Gold Member
I don't normally big up my recipes, I just enjoy sharing them with people and coming up with tasty low fat alternatives that we can enjoy on slimming world. But I am seriously bigging up this one. lol

I wanted to put together a spaghetti carbonara recipe (one of my fav pasta dishes ever) that was still really yummy but also syn free on Slimming World and oh boy! did I achieve that. It was delicious. If anyone is disappointed after making this, I will seriously eat my words lol.

When coming up with this recipe, I didn’t want to use quark or anything like that, as I hate the tangy taste it gives to pasta and the little stock trick I now use regularly when stir frying veggies without the need for oil, works wonders in this, as it also adds to the flavour.

Serves 2
2 HEa’s for entire recipe on Extra Easy

http://www.slimmingeats.com/blog/spaghetti-carbonara

These are nice big portions too
icon_wink.gif

Last edited:
I used to do that with the stock when I was on SW years ago - thanks for reminding me.

yep is syn free on extra easy, when using a HEa. The recipe serves 2 people, so 1 HEa each.

You could prob have it on green too, but would have to either syn the ham or use another HE for it.

I only do extra easy, so am not fully clued up on red or green.

Thanks Britmum. I tend to stick to green and use protein as HE that way I can have best of both worlds as I need to take refined carbs due to diabetes. Must admit though, I do like rice and pasta so that's another reason I tend to stick to the green day.

I suppose in a way I do Extra Easy as I don't always use both my HE'A&B's and I tend not to snack in between.

At any rate, I never go hungry and still lose weight. Also thanks to folks like yourself, there is always a scrummy recipe to be found thus keeping the variety going?:D

yum this is one of the few things I rarely ate when I wasnt dieting because it seemed so fattening, so to eat it when I am trying to loose weight seems magical some how! :)

Oooh, that sounds delicious, thanks.

Already got my sin free chillia in the slow cooker, but i'll be having your carbonara tomorrow night.

If you use the cheese in the wet mixture at the beginning, how can you then put more on tip of the spaghetti when served? U didn't mention to save any? Anyone clear that up for me as I really want to make this tomoz!! x

Sounds good to those even not on SW!

wow !!! had this tonight with the kids and it gets a massive thumbs up from me and the lads :D

I have always been put of carbonara by all the sticky cream sauce there is on it so i've never actually tried it before. So the fact it didn't have that was a massive plus for me.

So this is definitely going on the must have again pile thanks x

Back