Spain fruit and vegetables.

fillymum

synful soul
I know a lot of you buy your fruit and veg. on the wonderful markets here. I don't have the time these days but can recommend Lidl highly.

Today I bought strawberries that are so delicious, a wonderfully fresh cauliflower, broccoli, new potatoes, red peppers, bananas, pears, apples and all at a reasonable price.

The turnover is so fast that their produce is always fresh.

Thanks Harrie.

I love freshly squeezed orange juice on my strawberries.........also from Mercadona and so cheap at present.

If you have a Consum Supermarket close to you. The Pink Lady apples are fantastic and on special offer.

Brillaint price Sue. I paid 1.78 for half a ilo so that really was a good price.

They are so good at present.I am slicing them and mixing them with diced water melon..........absolutely delish !!!

Had mine with Quesco Fresco Bastido 0% and sweetner. Not done this before - absolutely gorgeous and will be doing again.

If you can buy your oranges directly from the grower the difference in flavour straight from the tree and the price are unbelievable.

Monday I bought oranges for 26 cents a kilo and they are to die for.

Strawberries - 1 kilo for 2 Euros, Benijofar market (today - Sunday). Just been to the market 1 hr round trip from Los Altos. They are "Lush". You still have time to go!

Have an ice cream maker so going to make some ice cream with them, have them after my salad lunch and some again after my dinner.

OH in the UK at the moment, so the kilo is all mine!

Not cheap at the moment but treated me and the kids to our first melon of the year and it was worth every cent...deeeeelicious!

Not cheap at the moment but treated me and the kids to our first melon of the year and it was worth every cent...deeeeelicious!

Had water melon last week and that with sliced strawberries was lush.

They are expensive but oh so good.

I love the melones piel sapia.......the best.

3142_Azoe.jpg

It is a most unattractive name. It means Toad skin melon.................taste brilliant though.

In August when they get really cheap buy about 12 keep them in a dark place like under the bed and they will keep for ages, a few months at the very least.

Broccoli in Lidl is only 49 cents and is fresh and tasty. I bought some yesterday and used half of one bunch as a veg last night and I am making broccoli and blue cheese soup with the rest today.

Lidls' cherry tomatoes on the vine are 1.69, sounds expensive, but so tasty it is like eating sweeties and well worth treating yourself.

We live on melon in the summer, love it. Very refreshing on the beach!!
might pop to lidl tomorrow to get some veg. Hubby back on Sunday so I can do a roast and he can help me out lol!
Iceland opening next week too. It is going to be the biggest one in Spain. The shop they are using is huge! Will be looking forward to that :)

We live on melon in the summer, love it. Very refreshing on the beach!!
might pop to lidl tomorrow to get some veg. Hubby back on Sunday so I can do a roast and he can help me out lol!
Iceland opening next week too. It is going to be the biggest one in Spain. The shop they are using is huge! Will be looking forward to that :)

You will love Iceland. You will not be able to keep away at first. I know I couldn't.

It is brilliant to be able to buy so much SW stuff easily if not all that cheaply.

I buy my options drinks there . They were on offer for awhile 3 for the price of 2 so I bought a load. They are back to 50cents each again but still worth it.

Crosse and Blackwell's baked beans 4 tins for 1.35€ spaghetti too at the same price. Heritage mushy peas really cheap.

Sliced cooked lamb. salmon in creamy dill sauce....oh just so much.

It will be a joy for you.

Glad your husband will be home....you need a helping hand. Forgive the pun !!!

Back