Speed foods

LisaC

Gold Member
Am I right in saying speed foods & super speed foods are recommended mainly because they keep you regular...or is there something else in them that speeds up weightloss??

I was 100% good on SW this week & I ate a fair few punnets of strawberries which are SS but I still gained.

I thought it was as they were low in calories for their bulk in comparison to other foods, therefore they fill you up quicker...

They speed up your metabolism to shed the pounds. Could your gain just be one of those things? Like you mentioned in your other post, you could just be a pattern dieter.

They speed up your metabolism to shed the pounds. Could your gain just be one of those things? Like you mentioned in your other post, you could just be a pattern dieter.

Yes sadly I think that is going to be the case! This week in particular Id eaten so many strawberries I just thought Im bound to have a good loss but it was the opposite. I'll plow on nonetheless :rolleyes:

I find on weeks when I eat sh*t loads of fruit I STS or gain, I don't know what it is.

When I asked my consultant for advice last night she said eat more fruit but I couldn't possibly do that, I eat so much anyway & wondered if maybe you can eat too much and that can affect the weight....

When I asked my consultant for advice last night she said eat more fruit but I couldn't possibly do that, I eat so much anyway & wondered if maybe you can eat too much and that can affect the weight....

that's amazing 'cause i'm thinking that the fruit is behind my gain and small loss! I'm going to finish what's in the fridge over the next few days and then give fruit a break for a few weeks and see how it goes. i'll let you know if it has an impact.

that's amazing 'cause i'm thinking that the fruit is behind my gain and small loss! I'm going to finish what's in the fridge over the next few days and then give fruit a break for a few weeks and see how it goes. i'll let you know if it has an impact.

Please do! If it has any effect Ill try it too as I eat so much.

Hi girls,

My C suggests that fruit is ok to eat but not to eat it in preference to the actual free foods on the red/green plan and also suggests that fruit like bananas and grapes should be limited in favor of speed or super speed fruit.

My C suggests that fruit is ok to eat but not to eat it in preference to the actual free foods on the red/green plan.

Sorry Im probably have a blonde moment ;) but I dont quite get what you mean...do you mean dont eat fruit instead of a meal made up of free foods?? Rather snack on fruit only?

I agree with iLovelife. My problem was knowing when enough was enough when I did SW before.
If something is a free food and can be eaten in "unlimited" quantities I used to see that as a challenge! I was a joke at my old job as I would eat 10 chicken drumsticks and a salad bag as I could and it was free!
Now after having a gastric band, I cant over endulge. I dont suggest you have a gastric band, but rather think about portion sizes. Would the quantity you eat be the size that say somone you know eats?
Just because something is free, there is still a limit I think. Just cut down and have a variety.

I agree with iLovelife. My problem was knowing when enough was enough when I did SW before.
If something is a free food and can be eaten in "unlimited" quantities I used to see that as a challenge! I was a joke at my old job as I would eat 10 chicken drumsticks and a salad bag as I could and it was free!
Now after having a gastric band, I cant over endulge. I dont suggest you have a gastric band, but rather think about portion sizes. Would the quantity you eat be the size that say somone you know eats?
Just because something is free, there is still a limit I think. Just cut down and have a variety.

I'll go with that! I snack on fruit all day but sometimes feel Im eating apples just because they're there & for the sake of it. I'll decide if Im really hungry or not next time!

I get confused with this fruit being free as well.

once a trainer at the gym told me that you can have too much fruit and although in s/w thay are classed as free. Friut does contain sugar. I guess the thing is in moderation

Now please correct me if I'm wrong

I'm glad this thread has been started as I have just had a conversation around the fact if I eat a fair bit of fruit even SS foods I don't loose weight or very very little. I am wondering if it may have something to do with the sugar content giving you an insulin surge and then when the sugars inevitably drop quite sharpish you get hungry quicker. Diabetics are often advised against too much fruit for the very same reasons. I may try more vegetables next week instead

i have noticed when out as a snack taking fruit but not long after getting hungray and luckily at the times this happens have some available syns to go shop :s

Back