Splitting/mixing HEX's

Maximus

Gold Member
Was thinking about this all day in a bid to make the single HEXA and HEXB go further on Extra Easy.

It as mentioned on another thread by Fayhamy, so the question is can they be split or shared?

For example, could I have 125ml of semi-skimmed milk plus 3 laughing cow extra lights as a HEXA?

Or 2 Ryvita and 1 Weetabix (for example) as a HEXB?

If not, why not? - if so, why is it allowed?

Apparently Fayhamy had received conflicting reports as to whether it is permissable or not.

I personally think as you are mixing like-with-like (A with A and B with B) there is no harm in it. Seems like a good point to bring up in group next week though.

Steve

I was always of the opinion that is the healthy extra was all one item of food eg milk or cheese it was fine to have 1/2 of each to make up 1

but

if the healthy extra is more than one item eg branflakes plus scanbran then you cant

Yip you can mix n match

Q: Can I mix and match my Healthy Extras by halving the portions?

A: Yes, if you like - you’ll still lose weight beautifully! The downside is your speed and fibre symbols would have to be ignored unless your two halves had identical symbols. However, mixing and matching couldn't be done when there are multiple items in one choice, e.g. 28g Kellogg's All-Bran 1 Ryvita Multigrain crispbread. With all single item choices, feel free!

So far looking good for the ryvita and laughing cow team!

we have always been told by our consultant that you arent allowed to mix and match :confused:

That's a shame :( I wish they would give the right information. Point out the FAQs on the website to your consultant next time :D xx

Yip you can mix n match

A: Yes, if you like - you’ll still lose weight beautifully! The downside is your speed and fibre symbols would have to be ignored unless your two halves had identical symbols. However, mixing and matching couldn't be done when there are multiple items in one choice, e.g. 28g Kellogg's All-Bran 1 Ryvita Multigrain crispbread. With all single item choices, feel free!

Thanks for then Stephanie - and that is on the SW site you say? - I spend too much time on here to bother with that one much lol.
So far looking good for the ryvita and laughing cow team!

That combination is as important to me now say, fish and chips used to be ll.

we have always been told by our consultant that you arent allowed to mix and match :confused:

I'm beginning to think there are many ill-informed consultants out there as there seem to be more and more "differing opinions".

Yeah I do sw online and that's in the FAQs - I quite like mixing them up as I do like a slice ww bread and a alpen light on the same day :) xx

ryvita and cheese v fish and chips............how the mighty have fallen!!Is it incredibly sad to feel a bit smug about this? Especially as you have done so well and i have so much yet to do.............and i live on the coast, with a harbour of well stocked fishing boats!!!! How are you finding EE? Hope you are succeeding................

Oh yay! I'm always using less milk than I want to as it's only for tea. Very excited at the prospect of a teeny amount of cheese! Also the prospect of eating just one Alpen Light bar and having half of something else on the list is great too!

ryvita and cheese v fish and chips............how the mighty have fallen!!Is it incredibly sad to feel a bit smug about this? Especially as you have done so well and i have so much yet to do.............and i live on the coast, with a harbour of well stocked fishing boats!!!! How are you finding EE? Hope you are succeeding................

Lol

Whereas I should be the one feeling smug - I still have my SW-style fish & chips though remember;)

I'm actually struggling with Extra Easy! - finding it anything but easy. Only having one HEXA and B is a struggle (hence splitting them).

The danger is on EE you can have anything, portion control and paticularly a bit of everything syndrome is kicking in. Normally I snack on fruit and/or veg. Yesterday it was crabsticks, cockles, mussels and prawns! - I love seafood. All ok I guess but I'm not so sure!

After last weeks gain, I'm afeared of another! eek!:eek:

hi, i asked my 'c' about this a couple of weeks back andshe said yes go ahead, i couldn't eat 6 laughing cow lights in one day:D

Yes my friend consultant told her you couldn't split healthy extras so I always thought you couldn't. I would like to be able to but I think I will stick to the same

I have to say it is only an issue with me on extra easy days when only permitted one of each. Milk, cereal,bread,cheese - some of each is better than any two;)

so does that mean no chese AND milk on the same day if u forfeit your heb choice? ohhh:(
xoxo

Yip you can mix n match

If you consider the ryvita is 1/3 of your hexb and the 28g is 2/3, then split the 28g in two and just have 14g of All Bran and have an extra ryvita. 14g of all bran is plenty to mix in with a yogurt and have with fruit for breakfast and that leaves me 2 ryvitas to have as a suppertime snack.

I checked this with my consultant and she said my thinking was ok.

Back