Spotty's SW Road to Slimdom - aka "What a calamity!"

Hi everyone.

Well then - this weekend hasn't been the best. My OH and I ended up going away to the seaside and the diet flew out of the window a bit. Not entirely, but a bit.

Friday day I was very good... had had about 5.5 syns and was planning on a syn free dinner and a possible ice lolly as a treat for pudding. In the end we had fish and chips. Oh, nuts. I had a small portion, but still reckon I should call it 20 syns. EEK!

Saturday started "okay"... we went to the local cafe for breakfast. I had a full English (2 rindless bacon, 1 sausage, baked beans, fried egg, mushrooms, grilled tomato) with 1 slice of wholemeal toast (HexB). The toast had butter on and I would imagine it was cooked in oil etc, so I am calling that 8 syns of badness...

Saturday lunch I made us a ham salad for our picnic, and even managed to get my hands on a dab of extra light mayo, so that was a good meal - probably 1 syn, no more. Dinner time we went out for dinner. For starter I had slices of tomato, buffalo mozzerella and parma ham with an olive oil, pesto and balsamic drizzle... (HexA + 2 syns?), main was sirloin steak with grilled tomato, mushroom and new potatoes (butterless, as replacement to chips), with homemade Bearnaise sauce. I had no more than 2 tsp of the sauce, but will probably still call it 5 syns to be safe. No pudding and just a diet coke - not too bad.

The snacking was the bad bit- we bought box of Mikados as my naughty treat for the weekend. The box disappeared by last night. So that's an average of 5 syns per day.

Sunday we went back to the cafe for breakfast - had the same but asked for no butter on the toast, saved myself a couple of syns hopefully, poss 3 for brekkie! In the afternoon I had a Twister (4.5 syns), then when we got home we ordered an Indian. I was good and ordered plain boiled rice and a tomato-y curry (chicken bhoona), but all the oil/ghee was probably a good 5 syns, and I had a poppadom too... 2? Let's call dinner 10 syns just in case.

Friday was probably 25 syns total...

Saturday was around 20...

Sunday... let's say 15. Oh cripes.

On the up side I have been good last week, and didn't have full syns, so hoping to at least STS and not put any on. We'll see.

Today I am back in the zone - had some ff natural yogurt and berries for brekkie - salad for lunch with ham and hard boiled eggs (2 syns of mayo), got fruit and muller lights to snack on. Tonight I am going to make something either from the latest SW magazine, or from a recipe online. Just 1.5 days until Wednesday weigh in! Eek!

Spots xx

Yesterday's food...

Brekkie
Natural yogurt + berries

Snack
Apple + Alpen Light (HexB)
French fries (4 syns)

Lunch
Salad w/ cooked ham, hardboiled eggs, roasted peppers and extra light mayo (3 syns)

Snack
Packet of Mikado (yes, terrible, just saw red and couldn't stop!!! 15 syns)
Nectarine

Dinner
Sirloin steak
New potatoes
Boiled carrots
Peas
1 tsp ish Tomato ketchup (1 syn)

After dinner snack
3 pic n' mix sweets (5 syns probably)

Oh god - 28 syns!!!!

Been out at an exhibition today so been tricky to eat much.... total for the day...

Breakfast, lunch and snacks:
2 Alpen light bars (HexB)
1 apple
1 packet French fries (4 syns)
1 cup of tea and milk (HexA)

Dinner:
Chicken breast stuffed with quark, chopped quarter mango and red onion, wrappers in bacon
Corn on the cob
Green beans and carrots
Mini milk (1.5 syns)

2 orangeade zeros (1 syn)

6.5 syns TOTAL

Spots xx

Last edited:
Eurghh, this is turning into a really boring food diary blog - I am just struggling to find the time to write anything more interesting!

So, today...

Breakfast
- Nat yog + berries

Snacks
- 2 slices frittata, made with 1 Cauldron Lincolnshire sausage (1.5 syns)
- Tea with milk and sweeteners... HexA

Lunch
- Salad with cooked ham, hard boiled eggs, new potatoes and extra light mayo (3 tbsp)... 2 syns

Afternoon snacks
- Peach
- Coffee with milk and sweeteners... HexA
- Clementine
- Muller Light (toffee)
- Alpen Light... HexB
- Carrot cruidites

Dinner
Spagetti
Homemade bolognese (mince, passata, peppers, mushrooms, red onion, herbs, Worcestershire sauce)

Snack:
Mini milk 1.5 syns

So - total syns: 5

Yey!

Spots xx

Last edited:
Right then, today is Friday - the toughest days are coming... I bloody hate weekends for diets - I really struggle!

Today my menu is similar to usual... natural yogurt with berries and chopped banana, shed loads of fruit as snacks, salad with tuna, sweetcorn, hardboiled eggs and 4 tbsp extra light mayo (3 syns). a couple of Alpen Light bars, French Fries crisps, something syn free for dinner and a mini milk for pud (1.5 syns)... so that is about 8.5 syns for the day, with plenty to spare in case my OH tries to tempt me with something naughty (read: sweets)

Next week I am going to try and shake it up a little bit because my losses have ceased somewhat!

My official week one weigh in was 13st 8lbs... I lost 4.25 in my first week taking me down to 13st 3.75lbs. After my second week I was 0.5lbs up, following a weekend in Sandbacks, too many Mikados and even a fish and chip dinner... not too bad, but been good since. Couple more days in and this morning I was a shocking 13st 5lbs! OMG. Slightly irritating as I've been very good, keeping syns to the minimum and planning ahead. Really hope the extra weight was just down to needing a good old dump, and isn't a sign that my body has decided to stop losing weight. Again. Sorry - TMI!

Will plough on and do my best. This is the last weekend in a while that I am at home and in control of my eating. Next weekend we are going to stay with my OH's brother, and the weekend after we have a wedding. Will do my best to be good, but it's so hard - as I've said before - to be at the mercy of other people.

Anyway - let's see.

Hope everyone else is doing well xx Spots xx

Last edited:
Mmmm... yummy lunch today. Hard boiled eggs courtesy of a friends chickens... check out the yolk on this bad boy...

ForumRunner_20120914_133417.png

Sent from my sexy Samsung using MiniMins

Hi all,

Weekend not been great, but not been horrendous either.

Today I'm determined to keep in my syns.

Allocating a mini Milky Way (4.5 syns) and a pack of French fries, as well as 2 syns of mayo at lunch and a possible mini milk tonight. So that's either 11 or 12.5 depending on whether I have a need for sweetness tonight!

Got a defensive driving course this afternoon so that will be fun!

Spots xx

Sent from my sexy Samsung using MiniMins

Today's food has been a nightmare as I thought we were out to lunch, so didn't bring my own as I usually do. Lunch was then cancelled and I had 'convenience food fear' - so far food has been:

Natural yogurt, berries and banana
Peach
Apple
Nectarine
Carrot and red pepper crudites
Alpen Light bar x 1 (HexB)
French fries (4 syns)
Innocent Moussaka Veg Pot (2.5 syns)

Tonight is:
Chicken pieces cooked in Maggi bag - paprika flavour
Veg
New pots (poss)
Possible mini milk (1.5 syns)

Total: 8 syns

Dear minimins, it's been 3 days since my last confession and I've been a bad bad girl...

Well not a bad 'bad' girl I guess, but definitely a bad girl.

It all started on Friday evening. I'd been quite good all day (as I tend to be during the working day), but come the evening I found myself suggesting we ordered a curry for dinner from the local take away. We were leaving for a weekend in Cambridge on the Saturday morning so I convinced myself it would save us doing a big shop unneccessarily.

I ordered quite well - plumping for lamb rogan josh (yum!) and boiled rice, with a scoop of sag aloo. Probably took up about 15 syns in all, not great but not horrendous.

Saturday I started well with banana & grapes smothered in a banana custard mullerlight... but by lunchtime I'd had a small gingerbread latte from a Costa at a service station, and was started to get flickers of bad behaviour entering my mind.

Once we got to our friends house, we were offered a sandwich (white bread, eek!), which I had with ham and cucumber - no mayo. The husband then appeared five minutes later with homemade pizzas. Oh crap. They were made using half a round pitta bread, tomato puree, slices of ham and cheese. No idea how many syns lunch was, but too many no doubt.

I managed not to snack through the afternoon; we went to watch a rugby match which got my out of harms way (diet coke, no crisps - yey me!)... but when we got back to their house in the evening I was confronted by bowls of crisps and dips. In my panicked state I rushed to the corner shop and bought myself a cucumber and a pack of bombay mix. I wasn't sure if bombay mix was even any good, it just looked healthier than pringles! In the end I ended up munching the majority of a tub of bombay mix and about half a cucumber with various full fat dips... before then finding out we were having a fricking chinese for dinner. Nooooooooooooooooo! *look of catastrophe falls across my brow*

So - again, I try and order wisely... this time plumping for a pork chow mein. This probably would have been ok, but I ended up nibbling 2 triangles of prawn toast (read: deep fried bread), so that was a bit of a diet killer.

Sunday I was feeling decidedly defeated, so when the rest of the group voted on going to the local american style diner for breakfast I was beyond arguing. It ended up nearer lunchtime before we dragged ourselves there so I opted for chicken wings and a cobb salad (dressing on the side in a last ditch effort to not completely screw up my losses so far)... but then, back at the house in the afternoon we were presented with a cup of tea and a bleeding effing incredible GIANT CUSTARD CREAM! My willpower just caved - like this: [nom nom nom, wipe the crumbs from my cleavage, sigh loudly, burp].

So that ended my adventure into badness... well, almost.

We set off from Cambridge, back to the safety of Warwickshire and I thought all was well. I knocked up bowl of spaghetti with weight watchers creme fraiche, lemon, prawns and spinach for supper and popped Prometheus on... my little devil horns obviously hadn't complete retracted, and by 9pm I was chomping on the most delicious sultana scone with strawberry jam and clotted cream.

Balls.

Back on it today, weighed in this morning and was 13st 6 sodding pounds... just over 2 more than I was on Wednesday and just 2lbs less than when I started almost 4 weeks ago!! Not impressed. Hopefully I'm a poo or two from a STS on Wednesday - we'll see.

S xx

Just weighed in. Nothing like a gain of 3.75lbs to make you look like your sucking a lemon. Seriously peed off.

I know there have been some high syn days but I've been on plan 80% of the week.

Maybe I'm eating too much... this was yesterday:

Muller light with berries
Banana
Apple
Nectarine
Alpen light x 2 (HexB)
Baked potato + half tin beans + tin tuna
Mini yum yum (6 syns)
Coffees and teas (half HexA)
Pile pasta & homemade pork Bolognese with 15g grated cheese (half HexA)

So fed up :(

www.theeatlessmovemoreblog.blogspot.com

Ah well, I joined SW online on Monday so my official weigh in with that is next week. Maybe that will be better, maybe.

Already a pound up on Monday so not hopeful.

Im back.

Food for today:

Berries, banana and fat free nat yogurt
Apple
Alpen light x 2
Hardboiled egg x 2
Salad
Ham
Lighter than light mayo x 3 tbsp (1.5 syns)
Barrett Flumps x 2 (3 syns)
Apple
Kiwi
Mullerlight banana and custard yogurt
Roast chicken & bit skin (3 syns)
Carrots
Asparagus
Tenderstem broccoli
New potatoes
Gravy made with 0.5 tbsp flour (2 syns)

...9.5 SYNS

x

Yesterday's eats..

Nat yogurt, berries and banana
Hard boiled egg

Apple
Alpen light
Tea + milk

Salad, tuna, sweetcorn, mayo x 4tbsp (2syns)

Hard boiled egg
Alpen light
Coffee + milk
Muller light
Kiwi
Orange

Homemade Bolognese stuffed with veg, made with Fry Light
Spaghetti
25g grated cheese (HexA + 2 syns)
Toblerone triangles x 6 (12 syns)

...16 SYNS