Sprouted Legumes

Jay1982

I'd have thought all sprouted Legumes such as Peas and Lentils etc would be free but I've just checked Syns Online and I'm a little confused.

It says that Pea Shoots are Free and Alfalfa Shoots are Free but that 'Good 4 U' Super Shoots have a very small Syn Value. I can't imagine why. I use the ' Good 4 U ' brand for all my sprouted peas/lentils/alfalfa and legumes and now I'm wondering if the entire range has a syn value, Pea Shoots and Alfalfa Shoots included!

Is the Syn value because something is added by this particular manufacturer? I can't see anything listed extra in the ingredients.

Lentil shoots are not mentioned on Syns Online at all so I'm not sure whether to apply a small Syn value to them....either generically or specifically to the ' Good 4 U' brand.

Confused :-/

Anybody help?

I'd have thought all sprouted Legumes such as Peas and Lentils etc would be free but I've just checked Syns Online and I'm a little confused.

It says that Pea Shoots are Free and Alfalfa Shoots are Free but that 'Good 4 U' Super Shoots have a very small Syn Value. I can't imagine why. I use the ' Good 4 U ' brand for all my sprouted peas/lentils/alfalfa and legumes and now I'm wondering if the entire range has a syn value, Pea Shoots and Alfalfa Shoots included!

Is the Syn value because something is added by this particular manufacturer? I can't see anything listed extra in the ingredients.

Lentil shoots are not mentioned on Syns Online at all so I'm not sure whether to apply a small Syn value to them....either generically or specifically to the ' Good 4 U' brand.

Confused :-/

Anybody help?

My mistake ' Good 4 U ' Lentil Sprout Mix IS listed on Syns Online and also has a small syn value. There dosen't seem to be any additives, just a mixture of sprouted Mung Beans, Lentils, Adzuki Beans and Chick Pea.

Although the only two ' Good 4 U ' Sprouted Legumes ( Super Shoots and Lentil Mix ) which are listed do have a small syn value, I can't imagine that its because of the brand..... there are no other additives..... but generic Pea Shoots and Alfalfa Shoots ARE listed as free.

Maybe it's to do with energy density. Very odd that a green would be synned, however minuscule.

Back