SpursGem CC Diary to lose 8 Stone!!

Paul makes a mean thai curry using the Philadelphia recipe card that Tesco were giving away a few years ago, could really fancy one!

Today I am spring cleaning my kitchen cupboards ahead of rubbish day tomorrow!!!

Great minds think alike! I've been spring cleaning since 7am this morning. So far i have tackled the bathroom, cleaned all the tiles and grout etc, Sorted out a mound of paper work in the office/sprare room. Next up my bedroom which won't take long. I'm a bit OCD with cleaning, i do a "deep clean" every Tuesday and Thursday and a "normal clean" every day. My husband is shocked im not a size 10 with all the cleaning and scrubbing i do lol.

I've not tried the Philadelphia recipe, i have it in my recipe book but never thought of actually cooking it. Might try it next week

Started a fat loss training programme today with Daily burn app

5 minutes Running at 7.5mph, 10 minutes walk at mod pace, tricep kick backs with 1.8kg weights x 30 reps, One-arm dumbbell rows 1.8kg weights x 30 reps, dumbbell curl 1.8kg wights x 30 reps, 7.5kg Kettlebell swings x 30, 7.5kg Kettle bell squats x 20.

333 cals burned

Tuesday 26th March

Breakfast
1 slice wholemeal bread with scrambled egg - 275

Lunch
Pork and stuffing baguette - 596

Dinner
Photo 26-03-2013 19 58 28.jpg
Chilli con carne with a teeny bit of rice (1 tbsp) and large salad - 528

Snacks
Skinny cow - 94
yoghurt - 170

Total Calories: 1663 / 1600
Exercise:
As above 333 calories burned plus 40 minute walk 270 calories: 603

Wednesday 27th March

Breakfast
1 slice of toast with 1 poached egg - 187
Nutri-grain breakfast biscuits - 192

Lunch
Bachelors deli noodle box - 276
Cadburys brunch bar - 155

Dinner
Photo 27-03-2013 17 48 10.jpg
Chicken Biryani with salad - 451

Snacks
Skinny cow - 94
Sunbites - 120
Yoghurt - 160
soup - 102
Total Calories: 1722 / 1600
Exercise: none, Cleaned all kitchen cupboards and hoovered whole house.

Last edited:
Thursday 28th March

Breakfast
Porridge - 206
WW chicken Noodle soup - 51

Lunch
Photo 28-03-2013 12 51 12.jpg
Tuna sweetcorn and ryvita - 289

Dinner
Photo 28-03-2013 20 08 39.jpg
Peri Peri Chicken with cous cous and HM coleslaw - 413

Snacks
banana small - 55
Sunbites - 120
Brunch bar - 155

Total calories: 1289 / 1600
Exercise: 60 minutes aerobics, yoga, jogging burning 538 calories
:character00115:

donnajt said:
that sounds horrible - do you know what stairs in dreams mean? could it be tied to your weight loss - i.e. trying to reach your goal but others getting in your way?

I have a nightmare every night on days that i have to use public toilets - I had to use one yesterday and I had nightmares last night where I am busting for a wee and every toilets is...well disgusting (and that's being polite!)

Ooh ooh, I have that exact same dream on a very regular basis, lol. I think it's when I need the loo in the night but my brain plays out that scenario to explain why I can't have a wee!

Sorry, was just reading Gem's diary and had to comment on this, lol. :) xx

Did I read that right. U had chicken noodle soup for breakfast. Not sure about that. Lol

haha it does take a bit of getting used to. It's a clear soup so it's more like a drink. I have it an hour after my porridge x

Hey s/gem your food looks so amazing, I really fancy your fried noodles they look much better than a takeaway!!

I love chicken noodles they are so easy to do. My husband makes a great egg fried rice too so sometimes we make a chinese takeaway :)

Gem x

Saturday 30th March

Breakfast
2 x jam on toast - 266

Lunch
Co-op pasta chicken - 330
Kellogg's biscuit moments - 98

Dinner
Dnner Kebeb with a few chips!!!!! - 1245

Snacks
5 fruit pastilles - 60
Energy drink - 110

Total Calories: 2109 / 1600
Exercise:
none

My in-laws came back from Australia this weekend after 8 weeks away so we went round and had takeaway. Was going to have a chicken shish but panic ordered a donner last minute! i don't know why lol.

It was great to have them back but now we have funeral arrangements to do for my nan (well nan in-law) I was very close to her so it's been a real struggle. They have asked me to do the Order of Service which i am honoured to do but i'm scared it will come out awful!

It's Jamie's 10th birthday today. Taking him out to his favourite restaurant, Indian buffet, then we are off to Harry Potter studios in Watford! I have never seen Harry Potter before so hopefully won't show my son up!!

We are having a party tomorrow but because i'm on a "diet" i have told people i will not have loads of naughty foods but there will be cake!!

Started a fat loss training programme today with Daily burn app

5 minutes Running at 7.5mph, 10 minutes walk at mod pace, tricep kick backs with 1.8kg weights x 30 reps, One-arm dumbbell rows 1.8kg weights x 30 reps, dumbbell curl 1.8kg wights x 30 reps, 7.5kg Kettlebell swings x 30, 7.5kg Kettle bell squats x 20.

333 cals burned
OMG that sounds harsh!!! well done x
Wednesday 27th March
Dinner
View attachment 84103
Chicken Biryani with salad - 451
oooh that looks so good
haha it does take a bit of getting used to. It's a clear soup so it's more like a drink. I have it an hour after my porridge x
not sure I could face that either Gem x
My husband makes a great egg fried rice too so sometimes we make a chinese takeaway :)
what;s his recipe Gem?
It's Jamie's 10th birthday today. Taking him out to his favourite restaurant, Indian buffet, then we are off to Harry Potter studios in Watford! I have never seen Harry Potter before so hopefully won't show my son up!!

We are having a party tomorrow but because i'm on a "diet" i have told people i will not have loads of naughty foods but there will be cake!!
How was jamie's birthday?
Haven't been on it these last few days. It's my nan's funeral tomorrow so this week has been very emotional. xxx
Hope the funeral goes well, big hug xxx

Thanks Donna, Was a very good send off. Been an emotional day.

Stu's Egg Fried Rice - his exact words! lol

Cooked rice - Cooled down
Fry up small chicken strip pieces
Dice up ham, chuck in with cooked chicken
add rice might need bit of oil
beat a couple of eggs, make gaps in rice and add little bit egg, make lots of different gaps. repeat until used up all the egg
add soy sauce (amount depends on your preferance) light or dark is fine
add cooked peas if you like them

all in all only takes a few mins to fry up

Typical man's recipe :D

Back