SS+ is FAB...But I admit I do weigh my Veg:-)

Am loving SS+, I never realized that skinless chicken and veg could taste so good:D.

Am I alone in weighing my veg? I have worked out that 30g of Asparagus is about two big spears, 30g of watercress is about a bowlful:D, 30g of romaine lettuce is not a lot lol.

Last night I had a yearning for Broccoli 30g was one floret lol so I forgot it and had the watercress again which equals a bowlful:D

So tell me people am I turning into an Anal Retentive?

Whatever it is working 9lbs loss last week and 5.5 this week so over a stone in 2 weeks :D:D

i'm very naughty and don't weigh mine but i'm not keen on veg so never have much.

I use to have 3 broccoli florets and 2 cauliflower so I was very bad and if it was lettuce I'd have a plateful, I did use to weigh my chicken though.

Love the idea - but where's this 30g notion coming from? I thought we were supposed to measure veg in terms of tablespoons...?

Hey Lily,

Yep I know but after trying and failing to get an accurate tablespoon of Rocket:D which frankly could be a suitable sport for a Children In Need Fund raiser I found this on t'interweb

Equivalents and Measures

Dry Measure Equivalents

3 teaspoons 1 tablespoon 1/2 ounce 14.3 grams
2 tablespoons 1/8 cup 1 ounce 28.3 grams

I kind of reckoned that 1.7 grams was neither her nor there so rounded up to 30g.

I have a great pair of Salter flat digital scales and it is much easier than the good old tablespoon measurement.

The current Steps Programme booklet gives weights as well as tablespoons, Lily:

The metric value of a imperial tablespoon is 15 ml of liquid or 15 g of solids.....

So SS+ gets 30g of veg, while 810 gets 45g.

Good sums, Nevada!

Oooh, I've learnt something today! :D Gosh, that makes it much easier. I never could understand the logic of making us measure broccoli florets in tablespoons! Always made me want to see how many I could balance on the spoon... :D :D :D

Thanks Lesly!

Oooh, I've learnt something today! :D Gosh, that makes it much easier. I never could understand the logic of making us measure broccoli florets in tablespoons! Always made me want to see how many I could balance on the spoon... :D :D :D

Thanks Lesly!

Walk away from the Broccoli Lily 30 grams is 1 flaming floret:D I am sticking with Watercress and Rocket for the duration:D

Back