SS+ meal ideas?????

seznste2011

HI, I am looking for some meal ideas for the SS+ meals , I have been living off Tuna and cottage cheese and celery, I am getting really bored, I know there are many different things that can be used but has any body come up with decent meals out of it all.
Sarah x

Hi Sarah! I am also on ss+ and my favourite meal by far is chicken (grilled) with green peppers, mushrooms and cucumber.. Not incredibly exciting but what makes it delicious for me is the seasoning I use to marinate the chicken - chilli flakes, cayenne pepper and chilli powder with some garlic granules. It may not be to everyone's taste as it is incredibly spicy, but it actually is delicious and makes me look forward to dinner! I also sprinkle some chilli flakes over the veg. A herb rub on the chicken would taste quite nice too. Also a spinach and mushroom omelette is also delicious but not as filling.

Dee xx

Hi Sarah! I am also on ss+ and my favourite meal by far is chicken (grilled) with green peppers, mushrooms and cucumber.. Not incredibly exciting but what makes it delicious for me is the seasoning I use to marinate the chicken - chilli flakes, cayenne pepper and chilli powder with some garlic granules. It may not be to everyone's taste as it is incredibly spicy, but it actually is delicious and makes me look forward to dinner! I also sprinkle some chilli flakes over the veg. A herb rub on the chicken would taste quite nice too. Also a spinach and mushroom omelette is also delicious but not as filling.

Dee xx
Ohh that sounds good, I think I might try them tomorrow, I will let you know . thanks hun
Sarah x

Hi I'm on ss+ too are we allowed green peppers and garlic granules I would love them but not on our list as I have stuck to the list of meat and veg 100% but I'm getting bored with flavourless food and stuck With new ideas

Hi ya,

I also like a mushroom and green pepper (this is on the allowed list) omelette. And I also have the chicken but I put cajun spice on mine which is also nice.
My CDC said I could have a little bovril mixed with water so I add this to my Veg, check if you are allowed to do this. Its a bit watery but better than bland veg.
I love salad too so I have tuna or cod (with herbs) baked and salad with a little drizzle of balsamic vinegar... not really wanting salad in this freezing weather at the mo!
And for a bit of variety I have brought some quorn chicken pieces, which I will try with salad.
Good luck on ss+

;0)

Oh ladies I tried this once and it was amazing!

A chicken breast, I stabbed it a little and slit down the middle and put lemon juice over it and it goes into the slits making it tasty throughout - covered it in some tasty spice/herb mix I have and made the foil into a little bowl so any juices would get cooked right back into it - it was amazing!

seznste2011 said:
Hi, well I have been out this morning and bought all the things you mentioned and I am going to try the chicken tonight and the omelette tomorrow, I cant wait for tea now. I ant beleive I havent tried this before.
thanks again
Sarah x

Hi Sarah, how's it going for you? Have you tried the chicken or omelette yet? Hope it came out great! xx

Hi ican, yes I checked with my consultant, she said garlic granules are fine. Also the veg are all listed in the CD book, only caveat is that you have to stick to 80g of all veg in total! It's still a decent amount though!
Sarah, I hope the meal ideas worked for you!

Dee xx

The official thing is no garlic granules x

Back