starkissedkitty's Weight Loss Diary - Here I Go Again!

starkissedkitty

Hi lovely ladies and gents

I've been lurking here for a couple of years on and off, and love this place....and figured I would start my own weight loss diary here....mainly to keep me focused and on track....and because you are all so inspirational!

I'm 30 years old and I have been overweight since my late teens, and just got bigger and bigger throughout my 20s. I'm not sure why I didn't do anything about it sooner....I think I just got stuck in a big old rut. I've always turned to food for comfort.

Last year I decided enough was enough...and with a starting weight of 19 stone (266 lbs), I started the Cambridge Diet, and joined a gym.....and I lost 4 and a half stone. And then things happened, and I fell off the wagon....and started eating badly again....and now here I am back up to 15 stone 11lbs. I am so angry with myself for not keeping at it. I don't want to get back to where I was.

My weight affects EVERYTHING...pretty much every aspect of my life. I have self confidence and self esteem issues because of it, and it has caused problems in every relationship I've ever had. And I don't want that anymore!

I don't want to go through another 'fat summer'. I've had enough of going out in the hot weather, and seeing other women in lovely dresses, or shorts and vest tops, whilst I'm sat there in jeans and long sleeved tops, boiling hot, because I'm so embarrassed of my body. It really gets me down.

I live with my OH, and although our relationship is good, I know he hates the way that I'm not confident and happy with myself. He gets frustrated with me....which I totally understand. We also want to start a family next year, so apart from the whole physical appearance....I need to be healthy!

I already feel like I've wasted the whole of my 20's hiding away and letting my weight hold me back from doing the things I wanted to do....and I don't want my 30's to be the same.

So here I am....and tomorrow I start again on the CD.

Sorry for rambling on....

starkissedkitty x

Well done for not putting back ALL the weight you lost and more. It's a miserable life when you're very unhappy with your body. I totally understand. I'm sure most of the MM people do too. It's one big struggle for many of us.
Good luck with your restart and hope to see you reach your goal. x

Hi hun, im 27 and my story is more or less the same as yours ive wasted my 20s too, ive given my self two years until i hit the big 30 to get into a size 12 im now a 26.

you have proved that you can do this once and theres nothin to stop you getting there again and keeping it off i started friday and finding the head aches really hard do you have any tips for me ??

well done on getting back on track x x

hayley x

Back