Starlights WW Diary - Back on the straight and narrow

Starlight

Gold Member
Well here I am, back at WW. My favourite diet by far although not where I planned to be.

Ive been on (and off) VLCDs for a while now and have ended the year back where I started it. Before anyone says VLCDs dont work - they do, I just couldnt stick to it, then followed nothing and the weight went back on. In all honesty I do hope to go back to a VLCD next year sometime when Im in a better place mentally but for now, its WW.

For those of you who may be reading, and dont know me, like many people on here my weight has gone up and down over the years and Im getting nowhere fast, I thought Id found the diet for me with Slim & Save and while I did love it - and the results, is just not been right for me recently. Since June Ive been suffering from clinical depression, severe anxiety and insomnia, Im on various types of medication for them but I have some seriously black days and if I am I tend to turn to food. Not in a binge type way but in a tin of soup and toast, or a plate of pasta way. One day like that on a VLCD and your diets screwed, your weeks work undone, which naturally doesnt help how I feel. So Ive decided to give myself a break and do WW for a while where I CAN eat and still lose.

PP is a whole new ball game for me, Ive never done it before and its taking a bit of getting used to. I have SO many points a day I cant manage them all - something I never thought Id say lol But Im counting and tracking everything and I suppose itll just take a bit of getting used to.

So Ive decided on a new diet diary - I also have a silver one for general ramblings :)

Im amazed how quiet the WW section is, hopefully thatll change soon :)

Cant believe how quiet WW is, I do hope it picks up after the New Year

Im loving the change now, and so far this week Ive lost 5lbs which isnt too shabby at all. I cant believe how much Im eating, I just cant get through all my points in a day at all, but Im sure thatll change. Im having to get out the old WW mindset of buying so much low fat stuff and buying other things which are higher in points

Ive got an Asda delivery coming tomorrow and plan on doing a stack of cooking - cant wait, its quite sad how excited Im getting at the prospect lol

Well thats me officially a WW again. Went to my local class last night, the leader couldnt believe I was joining with only one class til Xmas but hey theres no point in putting it off. Because of my depression and anxieties I was totally stressed at the thought of it, so my mum volunteered to come for moral support, I explained very briefly to the leader the problems Im having and she said there was no problem my mum sitting in for classes too for as long as it took til I felt comfortable going on my own.

Anyway Ive got the class pack, my deluxe pack etc so Im all set :)

Well tomorrow marks my first official WW weigh in. To be honest I have no idea what to expect. I had a peek at the scales the other day and I had gained 4lbs :eek: So Ill wait see the official weigh in.

Its taking a lot of getting used to, when I was on a VLCD I didn’t have my first pack til early evening but as a result Ive now got totally out the habit of having anything early in the day, and consequently Im not using anywhere near my points. Least I know where Im going wrong though and will get it sorted this coming week.

Some PP values have shocked me, I was early shift on Sunday and one of my colleagues did a McDs run so I decided to have a Bagel with bacon, egg and cheese (absolutely gorgeous!!!!) for 12 points. Last night I was at my mums for dinner and we had the most gorgeous pork in sauce, the pork, without counting potatoes was 13 points! I couldn’t believe it, of the 2 Id have thought the bagel would be far higher.

Ive decided Im going to keep pointing right over Xmas and New Year and have no days off at all. I don’t want to break this early on.

Fingers crossed the scales are kind tomorrow

Well done :)

Im officially back tomorrow, last class before xmas too. We can be nuts together :D (considering we both have issues with depression and anxiety its not far off :rolleyes: )

EDIT: just read back what i wrote. apologies if i offend you but humour is a way i deal with my issues.

Last edited:
To be honest it makes me feel better to know there is someone else on plan who understands my issues. Ive been in bits all day today about going back tomorrow but i know its the best thing i could do for my health. Doesnt mean im not bricking it though. Difficult to explain to other people too, told my mum i was going back and how i felt about it. She asked 'why you so nervous then?' Not her fault i know, she just doesnt understand.

So in a roundabout long winded kind of way im basically saying if you need somebody to rant/chat to - im here :)

Ah well done Sandy you have done great on your first week. Ive still been dithering about, but am starting pointing tomorrow and will probably go back to classes in the new year. I'm joining you and Loser85 in the nuts club, been thinking of seeing the gp about getting my happy pills changed but will see how things go for a bit.

Carry on the good work xx

Hiya,
Im a newbie and im starting officially tomorow after discovering that i had put on 7lbs during Christmas!! Now im on a mission to shed the weight and reading your posts about how you lost 5lbs is amazing and really motivating!! Well done and we all have ups and downs but dont worry about it im sure everyone here will reach their goals in no time :)
best of luck everyone and ill be here to support!

Well after a most enjoyable Christmas and New Year with far too much food and drink Im back to WW Classes tonight (Tues). Believe it or not I haven’t been near the scales all over Christmas so heaven knows what the damage will be.

Ive activated my Monthly Pass so the world of WW online has been opened up to me, and Ive downloaded the WW apps so Im all set. Am under my points for today but Im at work til 0630 so Im sure Ill have time to bump it up a bit.

Onwards and downwards in 2013!!!

Well after a most enjoyable Christmas and New Year with far too much food and drink Im back to WW Classes tonight (Tues). Believe it or not I haven't been near the scales all over Christmas so heaven knows what the damage will be.

Ive activated my Monthly Pass so the world of WW online has been opened up to me, and Ive downloaded the WW apps so Im all set. Am under my points for today but Im at work til 0630 so Im sure Ill have time to bump it up a bit.

Onwards and downwards in 2013!!!

How did you get on? x

Back