Start as I mean to go on – trying extra easy, any help or comments really welcome

ghostcat7

Hi everyone I am very new to this forum (just joined today), and to slimming world and thought that a good way to keep on track would be to keep a food diary. This will probably also be a good way to make me stick to the new healthy me.

I’ve decided that I’m gonna try extra easy at first because it seems that a lot of people find this works and the choice of free-foods seems to be massive. Although I am a little worried that I have miss understood what you are allowed? Are all fruits and veg really free as well as dried pasta, rice and all lean meat?

I guess time will tell, as its my first day and I weigh 13st and 0.5 lb how many syns do you reckon should I be having to lose between 1-2lb a week, any help or comments will be much appreciated, anyway here goes.

Monday 27th February – Day one - 182.5lb (target 125lb)

Breakfast – Mullerlight rhubarb yogurt
Cup of tea (milk from Healthy A)

Then at work

Lunch - Large jacket potato
Banana
Gala Apple

(Was really proud of myself as a turned down a foxes ginger cream biscuit from my work college – still early days I know but feels like an achievement as biscuits are my main downfall)

Still at work currently when I get home time will really tell if my willpower will hold up, I will resist the biscuit tin lol :confused:

Wish me luck. Sarah

You don't need a biscuit!!! Do something like the hoovering or have a coffee :)

Hi Jane, thanks for your advice.

I've now got a lovely clean bathroom, and only ended up snacking on 10 grapes and no biscuits. I've decided to make up my own risotto recipe for tea using free ingredients, haven't had it yet though so hope it'll be nice. I've also made a big bowl of fruit salad to leave in the fridge so keep me on the wagon lol.

Hi Sarah
Well done for dodging the biscuit!
It does sometimes sound too good to be true, but you can eat all fruit, veg, fish, meat, potatoes, rice, pasta etc etc but obviously ubtil you're full! 'naughty' things like crisps and choc and biccies are synned and you can have upto 15 a day.

The guideline is between 5-15 a day. When i started on SW I was probably averaging about 10 a day and in my first week I lost 5lbs, and it was quite steady after that, usually between 1 and 3lbs a week. So as long as you stick under the 15 a day, you should see results! But I would definitely recommend having a few treats in the day to stop binging in one big go!

I find that posting a food diary on here really helps as well so good luck with your weightloss and I'll keep noseying in :)

Lauren
xxx

Hi Lauren

thank you for your post, I'm glad that i can have up to 10 syns a day so at least I know if i fancy the odd treat or extra sauce on my tea i won't feel guilty.

Wow, and well done about your 5 lb weight loss in one week, I hope I can lose steadily too.

I'm gonna keep my food diary as up to date as I can and i'll keep sneaking a look at other members too. Your sweet potato wedges sound fab

Sarah xx:)

Hi everyone.

Just to finish off my food diary for day one

Adapted Risotto recipe (feeds 3-4)

225g Arborio rice
1 full pepper (any colour)
1 onion
Mushrooms (approx 6-7)
2 chicken breasts
3 rashes of bacon with all the fat trimmed off
Two chicken oxo cubes to make the stock (1 and ¾ pints) – 3ish Syns?

(4 Syns worth of grated cheese each)

Brown the chicken and bacon, add the chopped onion, pepper and mushrooms. Then once all is browned and vegetables are softening tip in the rice and stir in. Add a little amount of the stock until it’s almost all evaporated. Then add the rest and put on a low heat to simmer for approx 30 minutes until nearly all the stock has gone. Lastly stir in the optional grated cheese until risotto is sticky and serve.

Quick fruit salad (makes a big bowl cover with cling film and put in fridge, for several portions )

Red Apple cut into small pieces
Green apple cut into small pieces
Strawberries cut small
Grapes
Lemon juice (to stop apples going brown) – 2 Syns?

Banana
Vanilla mullerlight
Cup of tea (Healthy A)

I’m completely full now and as far as i’m aware have stayed within my syn allowance, A really good first day. Hope tomorrow goes as well.

Luv Sarah x :D

Mini Targets

Good morning :)

Looking at other peoples’ posts I’ve noticed that there are quite a few mini targets so I’ve decided to make my own to help keep me focused and hopefully on track

My Mini Targets

Starting Weight 182.5 - Date 27/2/12
168 (Twelve stone mark)
154 (Eleven stone mark)
140 (Ten stone mark)
125 (Final target)

Every pound in weight that I lose I’ll put a £2 coin in a jar and when I get to my target I should have £110ish pounds and I’ll get myself something nice like a spa day, new clothes, or theatre trip …etc thinking about these things will keep me going I hope. :D

Sarah’s food diary – day two and still feeling determined

Breakfast has been the same as yesterday I’m afraid althought this time I had a strawberry mullerlight rather than a raspberry one, gonna have a look at the recipe section for some other ideas for a quick breakfast on work days. Also had a nice cup of tea to help get the morning started.

I’m at work now so I’ll post back later

Food update,

Just had my lunch and yet again I had a baked potato but this time I had a mini tin of heinz baked beans on it, which made it a bit more interesting. Hopefully gonna cook some extra tea tonight so I can bring a different dinner in for work tomorrow. I also had a trusty apple and banana, and also a few grapes.

Drinking loads of water today I'm really thirsty. Maybe its because its starting to warm up outside, yey here comes spring and outside walking :D

Day two and I've been good :)

When I got home today I was really hungry (need to take more food to work) but I once again stayed clear of the biscuits instead I had two slices of cooked ham, a banana and some grapes.

Tea was roast chicken cooked in a baco bag along with a chicken oxo for a more chickeny flavour, and some Syn free potato wedges with cajun spice on them.

This I followed up with another one of my fruit salads, topped with another half banana and vanilla yoghurt. I'm going searching for some other desert menus tonight (before I turn into a banana).

Luv Sarah xx

I've been searching the internet for a low syn cake (Apparently the whole thing is only 1/2 a syn) It looks a bit like a roulade or swiss roll. The reviews are a bit mixed but I'm gonna give it a go this weekend. :)

Ingredients:
100g quark
4 eggs
5 tablespoons granulated sweetener
1 teaspoon baking powder (0.5 syns)
2 x 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
200g fromage frais
fruit of your choice, or you could use jam (2 syns per tablespoon)

Method:
  1. Separate the eggs and beat the whites until stiff
  2. In another bowl, mix the yolks, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, baking powder, quark and 4 tablespoons of the sweetener
  3. Whisk half of the egg whites into the yolks mixture, then carefully fold in the rest
  4. Pour mixture into a tray lined with baking paper. Bake in a pre-heated 180C oven for 20 minutes or until golden and cooked
  5. Mix the fromage frais, 1 tablespoon sweetener and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  6. Spread the fromage frais mixture over the cooled cake and top with fruit (I used 150g raspberries) or jam
  7. Roll up and serve

DAY THREE - willpower still on full battery

Hi everyone.

Have managed to plan the whole days food diary for day three.

Breakfast – Mullerlight rhubarb yogurt

Then at work

Lunch – a quarter of my eggy quiche/ fritata
Banana
Small bunch of grapes (approx 10)
Gala Apple

Tea will be

Another quarter of friata/ quiche with half a bag of tesco value savory rice (syn free on extra easy)
Fruit salad

Snacks

Grapes
Cooked ham (All fat removed)

Recipes (Make it the night before for easy meal)

Fritata / Eggy Quiche (Syn Free)

4 eggs
Dash of milk (HXA)
2 – 3 rashers of bacon with all the fat cut off
5 Mushrooms sliced
½ pepper sliced thinly
Red onion
Large quiche dish
Fry’s spray light syn free spray

• Preheat oven to gas mark 5/6 (190 – 200oC )
  • Break the 4 eggs into a mixing bowl/jug and add a tiny dash of milk, whisk well.
  • Spray the quiche dish with spray light, and then add peppers, bacon and onion to a small frying pan, (spray pan with spray light before adding ingredients)
  • Cook bacon, peppers and onion until bacon brown and vegetables soft.
  • Add mushrooms to the pan until cooked and slightly shrunken.
  • Tip contents of the frying pan to the quiche dish and spread out evenly.
  • Pour the egg/milk mixture on top of bacon etc.
  • Place in centre of oven for 30-40 minutes until golden (check that the centre is cooked before removing from oven)

My Mini Targets

Starting Weight 182.5 - Date 27/2/12
168 (Twelve stone mark)
164 – Club Ten weight
154 (Eleven stone mark)
140 (Ten stone mark)
125 (Final target)

Gonna get myself some of those skechers tone up shoes too to wear at work to hopefully get my legs a lot less flabby lol.:D

Food is sounding good!

I think it's great to plan ahead and make extra tea for lunches the next day. Mixes things up as well.

A really nice dessert if you lik meringues is SW eton mess, - meringue, frozen berries and light squirty cream. only 3 syns for a portion.

If you're a chocolate fiend like me then you can also make SW chocolate mousse (I dip fruit in it!) Just a pot of quark, and then about the same amount or fat free (or very low fat) fromage frais, sweetener and a few packets of Options hot chocolate. Mix it all together and put in the fridge for an hour or so and it sets a bit better. I love the taste and it's really low in syns as well as it makes a few portions!

The cous cous SW cake is also really nice as well. I tried it at group a couple of times but have never attempted it as I don't have a microwave. If you search on minimins you'll find various recipes for it, but it was really tasty when I had it!!

Lauren
xx

Hi

I'm a complete desert fiend I LOVE all things sweet, which is probably why I put so much weight on :sigh:.

I'll definally be trying your recipes, especially the chocolate mousse, it sounds really really nice. Especially as it makes a few portions :)

Thank you again for your help, think i'll make a few meals that I can freeze and microwave for quick teas when my will power is waning .

Sarah xx

I'll definally be trying your recipes, especially the chocolate mousse, it sounds really really nice. Especially as it makes a few portions :)

Just make sure you add a bit of sweetener because it can be a bit tart (because of the Quark I think). I'm addicted to it though, might make some tonight!!

Have a good day
Lauren
xx

Just make sure you add a bit of sweetener because it can be a bit tart (because of the Quark I think). I'm addicted to it though, might make some tonight!!

Have a good day
Lauren
xx

Thanks for the tip, think i'm gonna try making some tomorrow to have as a friday treat. I find it hardest to stay on track friday night to mon morning when i've dieted in the past. So it might help to have a nice chocolaty treat.

Hope your day is going well too

Sarah xx

Wow – Day four and no slip ups J

Welcome to my day four food diary, I’ve been looking at what I’ve been eating and I’ve realised that I haven’t been using my HXB so gonna try and remember to use it from now on. Does it matter if you don’t use them (will it mess the extra easy plan up?)

Anyway enough waffling,

Breakfast

Mullerlight yoghurt
Ham toasty done inside george forman grill (Just bread and ham nothing else) HXB
Cup of tea (HXA)
5 raspberries as I needed something else lol

Lunch

Another quarter of my eggy quiche
Banana
Apple
Loadsa Water

Dinner

Slow cooked Beef steak stew, with onions and mushrooms (Prepped all this morning, added ½ pint stock using 2 beef oxo cubes – left cooking all day in slow cooker so will be ready when I get home) -2 syns for oxos

Syn Free Chips
Mushy Peas
Cup of tea (HXA)

Afters

Strawberries
Raspberries
Maybe a sugar free jelly if set by then (2 syns)
1/3 Fat free strawberry onken yoghurt (just found out these have syns in L) 2 syns

Total approximate syns for today 4-6 so that will leave me between 4 and 6 to play with J

Hope you all have a great day

Sarah xx

Very Proud of myself

Hi just wanted to say that i've finally locked away my sweet toothed demon (if only for now).

One of the girls that I work with is having her birthday today and she brought in fresh fruit (berries and cherries) and two cakes. Cake number one was a raspberry and mascapone meringue roulade from M&S, The other was a toffee and pecan meringue roulade from M&S. They both looked really yummy.:sigh: She also had a bottle of wine to share, which didn't really bother me as I don't like it, so was easy to avoid.

Good little me had 4 cherries, 3 blackberries, 3 strawberries and no cake. And I thouroughly enjoyed the fruit. Now I'm feeling good knowing that although tempted I can say no :D

Sarah xx

Well done-don't think I would've been so strong!!!

Back