Started out last monday - worth going to meetings?

LoChan1984

Gold Member
Hiya,

Just dug out my old 2005 SW books last weekend and got stuck into m'red and green days again! I got dieting seriously in November 2006 where I started out at 25st 8lb. I've been mostly down with a few gain period, my lowest weight was 17st 9lb. This was on WW'ers with a mixture of periods on Core and Points.

It all went a bit wrong since July this year going silly then a trip to America the land of junkfood and it's amounted to me going back up nearly 2 stone! So I thought I'd give SW a try again for a change of pace, nothing wrong with WW but it's not right for me right now.

Anyway, to the point of my first thread here! I was thinking of going to a SW class in January but I can't decide if it's worth it or if I should just get the books. What's the general opinion value for money wise and the other benefits of going to group? I did WW's online mostly due to having no convenient meetings nearby but managed alright. Though info on syns and such seems a lot harder to come by on the web than it does WW info :)

Thanks for any help x

Hi Lo

Welcome to MM and great to hear your back on SW... well not great shame you put some of the weight back on... oh I will shut up :8855:

I go it alone as I don't have a class nearby to do weigh in's etc.... but there are new books and we hear that there is a new plan coming out in Jan.. but don't ask about it as it has been banned from talking about... !

Anyway... there are loads of great people on here and always someone around to help out if you have any questions... lots of recipes in the links on the main page....

Good luck and look forward to reading your posts x

Hi there, well done on your weightloss so far, i know you have gained a couple of stone but you are still not back to what you were at your heaviest so well done. Sw is a great plan. I go to class on a wed,and i like going as i am kept up to date with all the syn values and you get the sw online password every week. There are also good recipies etc. I find that going to class helps keep me on track. Don't get me wrong i have had a bad couple of wks latley , but without my consultant and minimins i wouldn't have got back on track. It is a good long term diet as it is a healthy , yet satisfying (sp???) way of eating for life. You don't need to count points etc. Even though class helps me, there are a number of people on this forum who do it alone and have successful weightlosses every week and are doing great.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Hiya Lo!

Hi,why dont you go to a meeting,get the new book and then go it alone so to speak.With everyone on here you dont really need the class,just weigh yourself,or stay for a while to get back in the swing of things.I am waiting till the new plan is out then leaving as I cant afford it at present.Im doing ok though lost 36lb in 18 weeks,so a nice 2lb a week average,never been hungry,feel great and made new friends too!There have been a lot of changes over the last few years so your book will be out of date,ie corned beef isnt free anymore.

neither is tinned macaroni cheese or meatballs.

Grr I know lol I think I did SW in 2004 when there was a lot of convenience foods that were free then they changed it all around just before I left and as you say no more corned beef quiche, no more slimming world lasagne with the tinned macaroni lol I think I probably will go to get the new books like you say, maybe the food directory too - they're going for crazy high prices on ebay so I suppose I can do four weeks at the group then decide to stay or go :)

Shall definitely be nosing about on here for recipes and such too!

hiya and welcome, i go to class on a monday i dont particularly enjoy it hate all that happy clapping my hands start to hurt after a while.
i couldnt do it on my own haven't the will power! maybe you should go and get the updated books? also you get a password every week for their website which is a lifesaver for me...
i say all that but minimins is great so many helpful people on here. Lots of new ideas and recipes!
xxx

Hey, welcome, I personally cant do it alone, ive tried but i need the weekly weigh in at a group to keep me on track. good luck whatever you decide xxx

Back