Started Xenical again but with Slimming World this time

lorraineA

Silver Member
Have taken inspiration from this forum - thanks Kes - and have taken a Xenical pill with my lunch. Hoping the combination of sticking to SW plan and taking pills will sort out my weight once and for all!

Well done. !!!

Thanks very much - was thinking I might even take them with me to Tuisia as then that would force me to be good on all inclusive with food so it would only be the extra alcohol I'd have to worry about.

good luck hun :D

i'm thinking of joining SW too cos i'm gonna be on this diet for quite a while yet :rolleyes:

did you tell them that you are also taking the pills ??

Yes, as when you fill out the forms it does ask you what medication you are on. But my sw consultant said it wasn't needed, but I'm always open to telling people what I am on

I didn't mention it as I wasn't taking it when I joined SW but would happily tell them - the way I see it I'm only taking a bit of extra help and the SW eating plan seems to complement the pills really well so it's all good. Whatever gets me fitter, healthier and slimmer has got to be a good thing. I tend to have either a few gin & slimlines or vodka and dier redbulls for my sins or most days will have 4 digestive biscuits for my sins. Was a bit worried the biscuits might cause side effects but they haven't - I suppose this is because I have them more than 1 hour after my evening meal so I have not had any problems.
Good luck if you do it - I can certainly recommend it.

thanks guys - think i might join.

only thing is these clubs make me go kinda food obsessed and if i put on weight one week i never go back :(

this time feels so much better for me cos i dont have to answer to anybody - strange thing is i haven't put on once in 11 weeks :thinking2:

now that i've read through my post think i wont bother going..and leave well alone :flirt2:

If the pills are working for you on their own then you probably don't need SW. I think it depends on where your mind is at whether these clubs are good for you or not. I just feel now (having tried thm lots over the years to mixed success) that the class and consultant I have found now are so funny, caring and supportive, that I find myself looking forward to going next week, and really want to do well. Long may it last!

Hi All,
I'm new to this forum. I do SW and have just started taking xenical...I totally agree with lorraine, it's really important you find a group that works for you. In the past I've done SW, done really well and then avoided going when I've put on weight, or left if I put on.
However the group I go to now are great. I put on 2.5p last week and instead of saying 'I don't know how that happened' out of embarrassment which is what I've done in the past....this week I found myself opening up and admitting how naughty I had been. We all had a good laugh and I felt much better. Then I left with lots of ideas and strategies to help me through this week...and so far it seems to be going ok! :)

That's great Sazie - am really pleased for you. I have tried a few different classes over the years but this one is great. The consultant has lost over 5 stones herself in the past and is so warm and funny that her enthusiasm is infectious. All the members are also really down to earth and supportive with that famous Liverpool sharp wit and humour - (I'm not a Scouser but you can't help warm to their humour) - it all helps.

Well done, and welcome to Xenical :)

Back