starter ideas not soup?

Lloyd2000

Hi, want to make a nice valentines dinner tomorrow and wondered if anyone has any yummy starter ideas? None of the ones on the website take my fancy! Thanks

What plan are you doing?

And what are you having for your other courses? No point in suggesting indian starters if you are having an italian main ;)

The one I like to do is stuffed mushrooms.

I make the slimming world onion marmalade (which is free), spray a couple of large field mushrooms (minus the stalks) with fry light and bake them for 5 mins to start cooking them off. Then I add a tablespoon of onion marmalade inside the mushroom. I cook off the chopped up mushroom stalks with some thin strips of bacon and put that on top of the onion marmalade then sprinkle with my HE cheese allowance. If you want, you can also top with breadcrumbs if you want to use that as a health extra. Then just cook of until the cheese goes all lovely and melty.

Totally YUM!!

Hope it helps

Vicky x

good ole prawn cocktail? (using low syn sauce)
melon balls?
avocado stuffed with prawns
mini chicken and cherry toms mixed pepper kebabs

like pp said those mushrooms sound delicious and what are your other courses for a guide on what to suggest? xx
enjoy

My choice would be breaded mushrooms with a garlic dip or liver pate (the recipe should be on here somewhere)

Back