Starting again for the last time! It's going to be a long journey!

Hi, thought i would come say hello! just getting into reading people's diaries, i started cc myself last week so nice reading other peoples diaries to see what they are eating, and for some inspiration :)

Don't feel bad about STS, you had a lovely time with your friends and sound like your determined to stay on track this week, so i'm sure you'll have a great loss on the scales next week :D weekends are my downfall as bf usually likes to go out for lunch when he isn't working and we ended up at mcdonalds yesterday! lol it wasn't even that good either i left myself with hardly any calories for the day after eating it, so i learnt my lesson there! lol

Good luck this week :)

Hello hun, I'm in my 'final journey' 3 weeks in and after losing 5lb I'm kinda of stuck now at maintaining, I don't think I'm trying enough but I do believe support is the key. I started at 16st, I'm currently going through a move into my own house so hopefully once I'm settled I'll be able to concentrate more on everything.

Look forward to talking to you.

Don't be disappointed - why not change your weigh in day to Saturday morning? that way you can have high cal days at the weekend and balance out with lower cal days Mon-Fri - give it a thought xxx

Also what about it you tried swapping one of your high fat/high cal foods each weekend to a lower fat/healthier option?

Thanks, but most weekends I'm away from home - from Fri night til Sun afternoon. Eventually I'll get the hang of things. It's what to do when at the weekend the whole family say let's have lunch out at McDonalds, or Costco, or let's go for ice cream. Sometimes it feels like they're all against me, and I'm just not strong willed!:(

Yeah i agree with donna change the weigh day then you could have some treats just try to choose the healthier options. Will power will come i sat yesterday and had no ice cream whilst hubby and kids had some. It doesnt bother me now as i just remember why Im doin this.

A sts is better than a gain so at least you've tried and not failed altogether.

Sarah xx

Struggling atm. Just feeling low, and stressed out with studying. Wish the summer was here now! Am gonna try and plan all my meals for the whole of May today. The plan is to get all meals within 1200 calories, so I can have a few calories spare each day for treats if I need them. I'm going to try to cut out chocolate bars, and just stick to low calorie hot chocolate, as it gives the same pleasure with a fraction of the calories. Friday WI might not be a bad idea, so long as I don't see it as an excuse to go mad at the weekends. I know we're having takeaway on Friday night, as otherwise dinner will end up being ridiculously late. I'm thinking chinese - either chow mein or chicken in black bean sauce with boiled rice. Don't know if anyone has any lower calorie ideas?!

It can be a 2 tier thing having a good loss on a weekend WI. Either the loss spurs you on to keep doing what you have been doing, or like you said, it can be seen as an excuse to go mad and treat yourself. I guess there are always those risks, no matter what day you WI though. I definitely find planning meals in advance helps so long as you are ok with deterring from the plan a little if life gets in the way. Maybe try making a list of healthy sweet alternatives if you find yourself craving choc etc? I am a total chocaholic so I have to always have something low-cal in the house. I usually go for mini fat-free meringue nests with strawberries & a loc cal yoghurt :)

As for the chinese, maybe see if they can put the sauce separately so you can control how much to have?

Struggling atm. Just feeling low, and stressed out with studying. Wish the summer was here now! Am gonna try and plan all my meals for the whole of May today. The plan is to get all meals within 1200 calories, so I can have a few calories spare each day for treats if I need them. I'm going to try to cut out chocolate bars, and just stick to low calorie hot chocolate, as it gives the same pleasure with a fraction of the calories. Friday WI might not be a bad idea, so long as I don't see it as an excuse to go mad at the weekends. I know we're having takeaway on Friday night, as otherwise dinner will end up being ridiculously late. I'm thinking chinese - either chow mein or chicken in black bean sauce with boiled rice. Don't know if anyone has any lower calorie ideas?!

It sounds like you need to take a step back - have you got a study plan? do you have set times to study?

Chinese - I always opt for mushroom chowmein or singapore vermicelli noodles hot - have a look on mfp - search chinese restaurant (I think), other than that have you got a kebab takeaway - a large chicken shish kebab with salad and chilli sauce (if you like it) is quite low in cals but huge dinner

Come on chin up - go back and read that post where you said I AM SO HAPPY xxx here if you need me xxx

It sounds like you need to take a step back - have you got a study plan? do you have set times to study?

Chinese - I always opt for mushroom chowmein or singapore vermicelli noodles hot - have a look on mfp - search chinese restaurant (I think), other than that have you got a kebab takeaway - a large chicken shish kebab with salad and chilli sauce (if you like it) is quite low in cals but huge dinner

Come on chin up - go back and read that post where you said I AM SO HAPPY xxx here if you need me xxx

The "study plan" is do as much as possible whilst the kids are at school. I did have a schedule, but am currently about 6 weeks behind my personal plan! Reason - hectic year with my son at school. I've been in and out like a yoyo, and every trip in means not only my time, but also my mother-in-laws time, a lot of money in fuel, and not getting done what I need to. Things are gradually improving, but May has 3 assignments for me, and I can't help noticing it's the last day of April! I'm sure I'll get it done. Just I was hoping to have more revision time available for my exams in June!

Might have a look at kebabs. My hubby's getting one for himself on Friday. We have 3 takeaway choices - chippy, chinese or kebab shop, and I think to please everyone we're going to end up in all of them!

Got a lot of housework done so far today (loads more to go though :sigh:), and that's helping my mood a bit. Got to tackle my muckle pile of ironing later, or kids won't have school uniform for tomorrow!

Were all here to help whenever u need it. You've taken the first big step of changing habits but it does take time to get fully used to everything. As donna said have a search on mfp or Google even on what are low cal takeaway options have that list with you when you go away so you can make good options.

Try not to weigh yourself down with everything in your mind as it consumes you and if your a comfort eater like me before u rwalise it you've eaten like thehungry caterpillar lol. Remember your in control.

Sarah xx

Were all here to help whenever u need it. You've taken the first big step of changing habits but it does take time to get fully used to everything. As donna said have a search on mfp or Google even on what are low cal takeaway options have that list with you when you go away so you can make good options.

Try not to weigh yourself down with everything in your mind as it consumes you and if your a comfort eater like me before u rwalise it you've eaten like thehungry caterpillar lol. Remember your in control.

Sarah xx

:8855: at the hungry caterpillar - definately describes me on a bad day! I think I've come to my takeaway solution. I'm going to get the chicken in black bean sauce with boiled rice from the chinese, but I'm only going to eat half of it on Friday, and have the other half on Saturday. I don't need the full meal anyway, but if it's on my plate I'll eat it!

Hi LMC Hope you haven't been buried under the ironing and you managed to get in some study time. Glad to hear school is getting better for your lad, one less thing for you to stress about. :D

Sadly not got a lot done in the end yesterday, but not for a lack of trying! Today IS going to be more productive! :)

Well I'm done moping and am ready to climb back on the wagon. Had a sneaky WI this morning (bad I know), and I'm 2lbs down, so that's cheered me up a bit. I am changing my WI day to Friday though.

Food plan for today:

Breakfast: toasted bagel (231) with low fat spread (35)

Lunch: 1/2 tin chicken soup (99), 2 slices bread (230), 100g pineapple (46), satsuma (37)

Dinner: Homemade chicken curry (204), 75g brown rice (dried weight) (249)

Snacks: banana (80)

Total calories for day so far: 1211/1680 leaving 469 if I need any extras later.

Felt like cake, so made the low calorie microwavable ones. I made 1 chocolate (108 calories), and 1 syrup sponge (137 calories), also had a low calorie hot chocolate (42 calories), and sprinkled cinnamon on the top, after I heard it boosts the metabolism. So calories up to 1498/1680. Done with treats for the day, but am going to try and do some exercise later.

Hubby wanted me to make a cake last night, and I tried to be good, and just had a very small slither. This morning 2/3rds of the cake had disappeared! So I have to confess I had cake for breakfast :ashamed: and having put it through mfp, it came to 515 calories for that slice :eek:, but have managed to work out food plan for today, and stay within calorie allowance (just!) And that is why I don't tend to bake these days!

Breakfast: raisin sponge cake with jam and frosting (515), 2 x mint options (76), 100g pineapple (45)

Lunch: 1/2 tin chicken soup (99), 2 x wholemeal bread (230), large banana (105)

Dinner: English muffin pizza: english muffin (179), tomato puree (28), 25g cheese (88), carrots (20), peas (96) roast potatoes(197)

Total: 1679/1680 PHEW!

I was really missing cake bigtime at first - have you tried the mini versions - have a look on my diary - I made a jam sponge I think - they are tiny but they do hit the spot

so...I have to ask ... how will you spend that last 1 cal lol???

Has your week improved? you were very down when I last popped in x

Thanks, but most weekends I'm away from home - from Fri night til Sun afternoon. Eventually I'll get the hang of things. It's what to do when at the weekend the whole family say let's have lunch out at McDonalds, or Costco, or let's go for ice cream. Sometimes it feels like they're all against me, and I'm just not strong willed!:(
I love McDonalds esp Big Macs - but just opt for a Happy Meal, 400 cals - its hard at first but after a couple of weeks it just feels like a normal thing to do
Ice cream isn't that bad - I would enjoy the ice cream (just don't have 100 scoops and 50 flakes like I would lol)
As for Chinese - have you ever seen a fat chinese person?

The "study plan" is do as much as possible whilst the kids are at school. I did have a schedule, but am currently about 6 weeks behind my personal plan! Reason - hectic year with my son at school. I've been in and out like a yoyo, and every trip in means not only my time, but also my mother-in-laws time, a lot of money in fuel, and not getting done what I need to. Things are gradually improving, but May has 3 assignments for me, and I can't help noticing it's the last day of April! I'm sure I'll get it done. Just I was hoping to have more revision time available for my exams in June!

Might have a look at kebabs. My hubby's getting one for himself on Friday. We have 3 takeaway choices - chippy, chinese or kebab shop, and I think to please everyone we're going to end up in all of them!

Got a lot of housework done so far today (loads more to go though :sigh:), and that's helping my mood a bit. Got to tackle my muckle pile of ironing later, or kids won't have school uniform for tomorrow!
I do admire you LMC it must be so hard juggling a family with studying - woulnd;t your husband take then out for the day so that you could try and catch up?

:8855: at the hungry caterpillar - definately describes me on a bad day! I think I've come to my takeaway solution. I'm going to get the chicken in black bean sauce with boiled rice from the chinese, but I'm only going to eat half of it on Friday, and have the other half on Saturday. I don't need the full meal anyway, but if it's on my plate I'll eat it!
Good luck - I couldn't do this x

Felt like cake, so made the low calorie microwavable ones. I made 1 chocolate (108 calories), and 1 syrup sponge (137 calories), also had a low calorie hot chocolate (42 calories), and sprinkled cinnamon on the top, after I heard it boosts the metabolism. So calories up to 1498/1680. Done with treats for the day, but am going to try and do some exercise later.[/QUOTE
They are amazing aren't they!

I was really missing cake bigtime at first - have you tried the mini versions - have a look on my diary - I made a jam sponge I think - they are tiny but they do hit the spot

so...I have to ask ... how will you spend that last 1 cal lol???

Has your week improved? you were very down when I last popped in x

I somehow think I'll save that last calorie - only enough for 1/2 tictac anyway! I think my week is definately improving. Looking forward to bank holiday weekend, and not having the morning school rush! Feeling quite a lot better, but haven't really got any exercise done.

I love McDonalds esp Big Macs - but just opt for a Happy Meal, 400 cals - its hard at first but after a couple of weeks it just feels like a normal thing to do
Ice cream isn't that bad - I would enjoy the ice cream (just don't have 100 scoops and 50 flakes like I would lol)
As for Chinese - have you ever seen a fat chinese person?

Lol. Ice cream isn't that bad unless it's creme egg mcflurries, at 395 calories a time:) I can't say I ever have seen a fat chinese person, but then their cuisine we get here has been Britainized (new word I invented), so it is made more fattening as it suites the British palette better.

I do admire you LMC it must be so hard juggling a family with studying - woulnd;t your husband take then out for the day so that you could try and catch up?

My hubby has tended to take them out over the weekends so I can catch up, but I have so many tutorials at the mo with exam run up time, that it's getting hard. Got some done today though, and if the kids annoy me tomorrow I'll bore them stiff reading my maths textbooks aloud to them! :sign0151:

Good luck - I couldn't do this x

Felt like cake, so made the low calorie microwavable ones. I made 1 chocolate (108 calories), and 1 syrup sponge (137 calories), also had a low calorie hot chocolate (42 calories), and sprinkled cinnamon on the top, after I heard it boosts the metabolism. So calories up to 1498/1680. Done with treats for the day, but am going to try and do some exercise later.[/QUOTE
They are amazing aren't they!

Absolutley gorgeous. I should have just had one and made some custard, but I couldn't be bothered. Maybe next time :)

Back