Starting again for the last time! It's going to be a long journey!

Thought I'd better pop by and say I'm still alive, and I haven't yet had my little one. Due in 7 days! :eek: Getting kind of impatient now, and everything is ready. Hubby is desperate for his 2 weeks paternity leave too! I have another midwife check-up appointment this afternoon, and I'm hoping it will be my last one! :)

In other news, 3 weeks ago I took my daughter to the sick kids hospital for an x-ray on her cleft palette, as her speech an language therapist thought it may not be closing properly. She did really well, and all seems fine. On the way home we stopped by a garden centre, looked around the pet section and bought ourselves a baby bearded dragon! I wasn't sure at first, but he's really grown on me, and is just like a new member of the family.

Lots of luck for your due date - whether it comes early or not!! And I loooove bearded dragons, such cool wee dudes! :)

We loved our bearded dragon so much, we got a new playmate yesterday! Unfortunately they don't get along :( so we've had to separate the vivarium. I hope they learn to get along soon...

Feeling really fed up now. due date tomorrow, and still no signs of anything happening! Sleeping is so uncomfortable atm, between the heat and feeling like a giant beach ball! I have another maternity appointment today, but not actually sure how I will get there, since my mother-in-law usually takes me, but her car broke down at the weekend! She's getting a hire car today, which could arrive from 10am onwards, but if not there by 11am then I'm stuck!

Well I did manage to get to my appointment (the hire car arrived early!). All is still well, but for the first time ever I am now officially overdue! :( I've been offered a sweep next Tuesday if nothing's happened by then. For now I have tried curry, pineapple, chilli sauce (not all together!), and having a very active aquanatal session last night, so :fingerscrossed: things will start happening soon :)

me too! Feel like I can hardly move! :)

The heat is definitely the worst (well, apart from the backache, heartburn, general discomfort at night, swollen feet and ankles... :giggle: ) Not to mention my mother-in-law being bombarded with questions everywhere she goes as to whether or not I've had the baby yet! On the bright side, I have a maximum of 8 days to go and it will all be over because I'll be induced next Saturday if I'm still pregnant!

Been to Edinburgh today and bought a chameleon, and now I think that's quite enough pets! We're not sure if it's a boy or girl chameleon, but we have decided on names for it: Heidi if it's a girl, and Luke if it's a boy. :)

It's been a long time since we've had pets...my hubby is allergic to fur and feathers, and I'm useless at keeping fish...so reptiles were the best compromise!
Still waiting for baby, and still no signs :( so up to 6 days to go...
On the plus side it gives extra time to reorganise the lounge :)

I keep hoping something will work. Off to see the midwife tomorrow, and have a sweep, so will see if that can help kick start things!

No. Still here, but think I had my show yesterday morning. Midwife couldn't manage to do the sweep since my cervix is too far back, but I have had quite a few twinges last night, so :fingerscrossed: it will be soon :)

Good luck with the baby, do you know if you're having a boy or girl? And when I was nursing I heard that ... um.... (I know we don't know each other but I'm going to say it anyway)... nipple twiddling :eek: can help stimulate the womb to contract (think what breast feeding does). Worth a try if nothing else is working ;)

Back