Starting Again - Help!!

Hannah Bell

Lost 3 stone on this diet before but have made several attempts to re-do it and keep giving up after 2 or 3 days. I stuck to it for 12 weeks before and I dont understand why I can't do it again. I am trying again tomorrow from scratch with no cheats but I just hope I can do it this time. I hate my body and I just want to feel happy and confident again. Has anyone got any tips or advice about re-starting?:confused:

Hi hun,
Because you know how tough this diet is... I think its your own head thats sabotaging your attempts if that makes sense. I had the same problem when I came off for a break and did Re~feed successfully... and it took me a month to sort my head out again, when i wanted to get back TFR 100%. Just keep trying I think and dont give up, cos eventually your head will be in the "zone" again, something will just click with you and you`ll just do it No Problem like you did before. Hope that helps, not very practical I know... but best Ive got to offer today hun :D Dont give up trying.. L xxx

Im restarting...this is the end of my 2nd week...and what Lou says is true, its been a constant battle with my own mind...to tell myself that it does get easier!

Ive finally hit my stride this weekend...a lot later than last time...but I got there and now im totally looking forward to the next 6-8wks (sounds wierd I know lol) xx

You can do it...but you have to fight yourself for it!! x

Good luck hun x

Hi hun,
Because you know how tough this diet is... I think its your own head thats sabotaging your attempts if that makes sense. I had the same problem when I came off for a break and did Re~feed successfully... and it took me a month to sort my head out again, when i wanted to get back TFR 100%. Just keep trying I think and dont give up, cos eventually your head will be in the "zone" again, something will just click with you and you`ll just do it No Problem like you did before. Hope that helps, not very practical I know... but best Ive got to offer today hun :D Dont give up trying.. L xxx
Thank hun. That actually makes total sense. From all my trying and failing/suceeding in the past I agree it it totally about zoneing in. I used to think that there were 2 types of people those with will power and those with none, me being the later as I had attempted hundreds of diets and always failed. It was only when I discovered the dukan diet and went from 15 1/2 stone to 10 stone and then I tried Lipotrim when I went back up to 13 and lost 3 again. I then realised I was capable of it as well. Although I havent quite mastered keeping it off yet. I think I suceeded those times because of how unhappy I was and how I kept reminding myself of how I felt about my body and why I was doing this. I think it is easy to forget when you are a few weeks in and have lost a bit of weight. I will be zoneing from now on and speaking to lots of supportive people on here every time I feel like breaking. Well done on your weight loss hun. Keep going for round 2 xxxxxx

Im restarting...this is the end of my 2nd week...and what Lou says is true, its been a constant battle with my own mind...to tell myself that it does get easier!

Ive finally hit my stride this weekend...a lot later than last time...but I got there and now im totally looking forward to the next 6-8wks (sounds wierd I know lol) xx

You can do it...but you have to fight yourself for it!! x

Good luck hun x

You are so right hun. It is a mental battle. I am determined not to break though. Once I have done a couple of weeks I think I will hit my stride as well. It is so depressing that it is my first day though. It feels like such a long way to go. I am keeping myself busy with Zumba toinight and boxercise tomorrow :) Need to put food thoughts out of head. Good luck with your re-start. This is the time you are going to do it!! xx

Glad I was of some help to you... and ty for your encouragement too :D You`ll do well hun.... Think ZONE lol xx

I could write a book about the diets I've been on and I've lost a couple of stone and then put it on and more besides! LT has worked wonders but like Lou I've really struggled geting back into it since Christmas. Took a couple of weeks but now I'm back in the zone! Good luck - you will do it just give it time.

Keep your chin up hun,as you know,the first week is the hardest,so tick with it and it'll be worth it xxx

How you doing sweety? Hope your managing to stick to it ok and still in the zone.... thinking of you we all know its tough hun... but soooo worth it. Keep strong :D XXX

How you doing sweety? Hope your managing to stick to it ok and still in the zone.... thinking of you we all know its tough hun... but soooo worth it. Keep strong :D XXX

Hey hun.. okish. my tummy is always rumbling but only 3rd day so to be expected. Have a lot of headaches and leg cramps as well. Had the cramps last time I did it but qiute a few weeks in so suprised that has started so soon. I feel yucky but I am managing to focus on the outcome quite well. I am a bridesmaid this year so I have a goal. I also have lots of clothes that dont fit so I am staying strong. Was mean to be going to boxercise tonight but feel too tired. I am playing mind games with myself over whether to go. It doesnt start until 8 but I am not sure if I can face it as feel so terrible but reckon it may make me feel better afterwards. How are you going? Is today a good day? xxxx

Back