Starting again - need to do this for my wedding!

Hellooo, I really need to get better at updating this. It's looking a bit boring at the moment, all I'm updating is my food! I want something a bit more exciting to read back on when I'm skinny :wink:

Hope everyone is OK? I'm at work today, found it SO hard to get up this morning. The alarm goes off at 5:45am (sob) but I press snooze about 5 times! Oh well last day at work this week, I don't work Fridays so just the school run to contend with tomorrow :) then after that I need to pop to Next and pick up some jeans I ordered for my birthday meal on Saturday. I've been a 14 in Next jeans as long as I can remember but my 14 work trousers have been feeling a bit loose so I've been brave and ordered a 12! Moment of truth tomorrow when I try them on!

Saying that though I'm due on any time around now so I bet I'll be a bit bloated, all that flippin water retention! So not holding out a huge amount of hope for weigh in tomorrow either, although a little loss would be nice :) will update tomorrow when I've tried them on anyway!

Right todays food:

Thursday 30 January 2014

Breakfast
Weetabix, milk, banana (yawn.. lol!)

Lunch
Mugshot and baked beans
Muller Light greek style coconut (0.5 syn)
other half of the pack of bbq chicken (0.5 syn)

Dinner
Leftover chilli, and rice (free)

Snacks
2 x ferrero rocher (4 syns) (oops, chocolate craving when I got home after the school run!)
Galaxy ripple 8.5 syns

Total syns = 13.5

Last edited:
Weigh in this morning, lost half a lb. Bit disappointing compared to last week but I'm not going to beat myself up too much, after all I was expecting to STS or even gain after that massive curry last weekend, and also it's wrong time of the month at the moment! :( I always have a smaller loss when I'm due on so not a big shock! At least the scales are still going in the right direction :) I usually have a bigger loss the week after so fingers crossed for next week.

Eeeek I'm so excited, 4 months today I'll be flying to Greece for my wedding :) it's coming around so quickly! I was going to get our wedding rings today (OH has chosen his, I've seen a couple I like just need to look and decide), I popped into town this morning but I ran out of time and my little one fell asleep so I'll probably pop back in and get them tomorrow. I treated myself to a skinny hazelnut latte in Costa while I was in town, been craving one all week so today I thought sod it, I'm having one! Not great for syns but oh well :-S though I'm wondering if I can use the milk as my HEXa (if anyone knows please let me know :) ) I've asked on the SW section on here so hopefully I will find out soon! Will add today's food soon..

Weigh in this morning, lost half a lb. Bit disappointing compared to last week but I'm not going to beat myself up too much, after all I was expecting to STS or even gain after that massive curry last weekend, and also it's wrong time of the month at the moment! :( I always have a smaller loss when I'm due on so not a big shock! At least the scales are still going in the right direction :) I usually have a bigger loss the week after so fingers crossed for next week.

Eeeek I'm so excited, 4 months today I'll be flying to Greece for my wedding :) it's coming around so quickly! I was going to get our wedding rings today (OH has chosen his, I've seen a couple I like just need to look and decide), I popped into town this morning but I ran out of time and my little one fell asleep so I'll probably pop back in and get them tomorrow. I treated myself to a skinny hazelnut latte in Costa while I was in town, been craving one all week so today I thought sod it, I'm having one! Not great for syns but oh well :-S though I'm wondering if I can use the milk as my HEXa (if anyone knows please let me know :) ) I've asked on the SW section on here so hopefully I will find out soon! Will add today's food soon..

Hiya Hun, well done on your loss, even if it is just half you still lost it! And I'm like u at TOTM. Sometimes I've put on 3,4lbs when I'm on and as soon as it's finished the weight comes straight back off! Xx

Arrgh, sorry I’ve been AWOL. I’ve been very naughty, lol. The last few days have NOT been good. I had that Costa on Friday and it all kind of went downhill from there. I pretty much stuck to plan for the rest of Friday but then Saturday (and basically the whole weekend, and Monday) was bad. Got up and had porridge on Saturday then went into town with my little girl, she loves Costa and wanted a babyccino so we went there (second Costa for me 2 days running lol), I did ask for a skinny hazelnut latte then they’d run out of skimmed milk so I had to have full fat.. oh dear! Then she had a packet of the little mini Malteser bunnies, they are my FAVE so I was picking at those too :-/

Saturday night went for a meal with a few girls from work for my birthday (and it was another girl’s birthday too), we went to Bella Italia so not exactly anything healthy! I fancied pizza but I know that’s pretty bad for syns, to be honest I should have gone for a tomato based pasta dish but I really didn’t fancy that, I wanted Carbonara – so I thought sod it, it’s my birthday. So I had that and shared a bottle of wine with one of the girls (can you see the syns climbing up and up lol). Then I went and met my dad and his mates for a few drinks and I had LOADS to drink, I was pretty drunk lol.

You think that’s bad, Sunday wasn’t any better! Sunday morning I felt rough and when my OH suggested a McDonalds I was too weak to resist – argh. I didn’t have any lunch then later he said he’d treat me to a takeaway for my birthday – argh. The only slight good thing I did there was go for Chinese rather than Indian as that would have been a lot worse lol.

Monday (my actual birthday) started off OK, had my usual brekkie at work, I had a half day so finished at lunch time and went round a friend’s house. I’d got the cheese n broccoli pasta n sauce (free) so we had some of that but then I sat and helped her eat a big bag of Wotsits and some Galaxy. I’m so ashamed writing this now, grr! My willpower was just zilch! I didn’t go to the gym over the weekend either, last time I’d gone was Thursday, then I finally went yesterday. Feel sooo much better for it.

Back on it 100% from yesterday, I had a sneaky way this morning and by some miracle I’ve managed to stay the same weight so far, so fingers crossed it’ll stay that way for weigh in. If I lose a bit it’ll be a miracle, but even a ‘stay the same’ I’ll be happy with this week because I was such a pig over the weekend, a gain is no more than I deserve! This has actually made me realise though how much healthier I felt in January when I laid off the alcohol for a month. I felt so crap and Sunday and then I still felt really sluggish on Monday and my willpower was just zero. I’m not saying I’ll give up alcohol completely (NEVER lol), I do like having a drink and a laugh but I think I’m just going to limit it where I can, ie cut down on glasses of wine at home etc. I’m not even finding it that hard not drinking at home actually.

So yesterday’s food:

Breakfast
Porridge, skimmed milk (HEXb and a), raspberries and strawberries

Lunch
Jacket potato and beans

Dinner
Stir fry (chicken, veg and noodles – free, I didn’t use free soy sauce as really fancied the soy and garlic sauce, worked out at 4.5 syns)

Snacks
2 x dark choc butter biscuits (3.5 syns each) and an options hot choc (2 syns)

Total syns = 13.5

Today’s food:

Breakfast
2 x Weetabix, skimmed milk (HEXb and a), sliced banana

Lunch
Deli Box mild curry noodles (1 syn)
Muller Light greek style strawberry yogurt (0.5 syn)

Dinner
Syn free chilli and rice

Snacks
2 x dark choc butter biscuits (7 syns)
Small piece of victoria sponge cake (someone's birthday at work, argh) (6 syns)

Total syns = 14.5

Last edited:
Hiya Hun, well done on your loss, even if it is just half you still lost it! And I'm like u at TOTM. Sometimes I've put on 3,4lbs when I'm on and as soon as it's finished the weight comes straight back off! Xx

Cheers hun. Really peed off with myself for being a pig over the weekend, normally I look forward to the week after TOTM as it normally means I’ll get quite a big loss but because I’ve been so greedy I bet I won’t now! I’ll be lucky to stay the same, grr xx

Hi, here to subscribe! I'm also getting married in Greece this year (not til August though) good luck on your weight loss :)

Hi :) aww congratulations! Whereabouts in Greece are you getting married? Not long to go then, it comes round sooo quickly xx

Thursday 6 February 2014

Well I'm feeling hopeful for weigh in tomorrow! If I don't get a loss then I wont be TOO disappointed as after all I did have a lot of cr*p at the weekend lol! But got my hopes up a little bit after yesterday the scales said I stayed the same. I've stuck to plan the last few days and had a couple of gym sessions (last night and night before) so a cheeky little loss would be nice :)

Today's food:

Breakfast
1 slice wholemeal toast with beans (HEXb and free)
Small skinny hazelnut latte - normally about 8 syns but I'm told I can take off 6 syns if I use the milk as my HEXa so that's 2 syns

Lunch
Leftover chilli and jacket potato

Dinner
I really fancied curry and chips! So I made syn free chips and had leftover mushy pea curry with them :) (I made mushy pea curry a couple of weeks ago and added a big pack of veg into it too and I froze a little portion - so that went very nicely with the chips and I got my superfree in there too :) )

Snacks
Graze box banoffee dippers - 6 syns

Last edited:
OMG 2lb loss! I'm seriously happy with that, after my naughty weekend of alcohol and meals out and takeaways I was expecting at least a sts or even a gain! That's 10.5lb off now since beginning of Jan. 1.5lb to go to my next mini goal and 1st 1.5lb to go to GOAL :)

Welll done..go you! You couldnt of donr that much damage last weekend then! Ive lost the lb which i put on last week! Hehe

Welll done..go you! You couldnt of donr that much damage last weekend then! Ive lost the lb which i put on last week! Hehe

Thanks :) I'm just hoping the gain doesn't catch up with me next week, eeek!

Yesterday's food (Friday 7 February 2014):

Breakfast
None (oops). Went and met my sister in town straight from the school run and went to Costa, had a skinny hazelnut latte, 2 syns (using the skimmed milk as my HEXa). A third of a piece of the belgian chocolate tiffin (shared with my sister and my little boy, lol) - 8 syns (eek).

Lunch
Cheese, leek and ham Pasta n Sauce - 1 syn.
Muller Light greek style yogurt 0.5 syn
1 ferrero rocher - 2 syns

Dinner
Mushy pea chicken curry (free) with syn free chips

Snacks
Few pieces of Smarties choc bar - 5 syns (arrrgh)

Total syns = 18.5 :(

I stupidly forgot about the choc tiffin at Costa when I was using syns for the rest of the day so I stupidly went over my syns. I'm hoping today will be better, although my OH is taking me out tonight as a late birthday thing so I'm not sure how well that's going to go - I want to have a few drinks! I'm going to try and keep the meal as low syn as possible (I have no idea where he's taking me though) and just do what I can really. And definitely a gym session tomorrow to try and do some damage control!

so you slightly went over your syns?...what would of happened if you werent on slimming world..im sure you could of done a lot worse! can you do a little bit of exercise today to help? a little walk or dvd or something? if i know my weekends will be a bit naughtier than usual i try to do an extea workout...like today! were going for lunch and drinks :)

so you slightly went over your syns?...what would of happened if you werent on slimming world..im sure you could of done a lot worse! can you do a little bit of exercise today to help? a little walk or dvd or something? if i know my weekends will be a bit naughtier than usual i try to do an extea workout...like today! were going for lunch and drinks :)

just realised you said you are at the gym tomorrow!

Sorry, sorry, sorry. I have been useless this week, every day I've planned to come on and update and every day I've ran out of time! Been feeling really stressed out this week and just been a bit anti-social I think! Got a few wedding stresses going on and work is just horrible at the moment too.

So annoyed with myself for not updating as I can't remember what I've had every day now. My OH took me out on Saturday night as a sort of birthday/Valentines thing and we went to TGIs, so there were cocktails involved and lots and lots of syns! Sunday I stuck to plan all day and then we were going for a meal in the evening, we were going to Harvester so I'd got my food all planned out so I didn't go over my syns, unfortunately that all went to pot as he got a phone call to say one of the drivers he employs (he's a courier and also has a few drivers working for him) had crashed one of his vans on Saturday night and it was in a pretty bad way. We had to go up there and see it and wow, it was bad. So by the time we went home it was too late to go anywhere, and to be honest we were so stressed out by this point that when he said 'lets just get a takeaway' I thought sod it I don't care. I need to learn to not give in to comfort eating when I'm stressed!

But anyway onwards and upwards, and I stuck to plan 100% all week and have been to the gym twice. I was 10st 8.5lb last week so I was dying to just get 1.5lb off so I could reach my next mini goal of 10st 7lb. I was half hopeful and half dreading a gain because of the weekend. So imagine my shock this morning when I weighed.. I've lost 3lb! I've lost 13.5lb now, 12.5lb more to go til goal! I'm now 10st 5.5lb so have reached (and passed) my 10st 7lb mini goal :)

So how is everyone? I'm off to catch up with diaries now, hopefully you won't all stop chatting to me because I've been so crap at updating lol - you all keep me so motivated! :) xx

Hi hun,
I honestly thought I was already following you but it appears not??? Maybe it was another one of your threads I was following. Ah well I'm here now :) xx

I have a weight loss diary thread too hun but to be honest I hardly update that one, I always just post here! xx

well done on your loss! just shows with hectic weeks its still achievable to lose!

Im no expert but with also marrying abroad etc feel free to vent your stresses to me. I would of probably gone through the same! Its all worth it in the end :)

Back