Starting again - need to do this for my wedding!

well done on your loss! just shows with hectic weeks its still achievable to lose!

Im no expert but with also marrying abroad etc feel free to vent your stresses to me. I would of probably gone through the same! Its all worth it in the end :)

Thank you :) I shouldn't really be getting stressed seeing as they do most of the hard work (my wedding planner in Rhodes), god help me if I was getting married here and actually had to plan ALL of it! It's just the little annoying things, like bridesmaids not talking to each other, and no one getting back to me with things I need to know like yesterday, and just the money side of things, argh! xx

o god tell me about it! we had a few issues. i wanted a quiet wedding. Then more and more people booked to come. Some important friends and family couldnt etc so i got upset. So my mum paid for my sisters to come and be bridesmaids and we couldnt all decide on dresses. etc etc. It all comes together though and at the end of the day..your all thats important!

o god tell me about it! we had a few issues. i wanted a quiet wedding. Then more and more people booked to come. Some important friends and family couldnt etc so i got upset. So my mum paid for my sisters to come and be bridesmaids and we couldnt all decide on dresses. etc etc. It all comes together though and at the end of the day..your all thats important!

They do say don't they that a wedding is the biggest test for a friendship! Lol. I just want it here now, I'm trying to enjoy the excitement and looking forward to it but just kind of fed up of the little stressy bits now x

Hellooo, how is everyone? I've had a nice weekend, not done a great deal just spent it with the kiddies. I said to my OH on Friday night that I wanted to do something with Lilly (my eldest, she's 5) on Saturday as she'd been feeling off all week and I just felt like I've not done much with her lately. So she got up Saturday morning and said she wanted to go to Costa (she loves it lol) so that's what we did. She loves the babyccinos!

I made OH go food shopping with me on Saturday afternoon, I normally just go but the car has been playing up lately (it never wants to start in the mornings and it cut out on me twice last week while I was driving) so I was a bit nervous to drive it on my own. It seemed OK though so hopefully it'll be OK tomorrow. Argh. I really fancied gammon for dinner on Saturday (I wanted to do gammon in coke in the slow cooker) but left it too late in the end so we just had bbq ribs. They were pretty nice!

Lilly wanted to do a cake last night but it got too late in the end so we did it this morning. We made malteser cake, it was yummy and of course I had to have a small slice, oops! Not even sure how many syns it is, that's the problem with home made stuff lol. I will try to add a pic of it if I can, haven't worked out how to do that yet!

Lilly and Jake (he's my youngest, he's 3 next month) were up very early yesterday morning and today! It's this weather, the wind and rain has been so loud and been keeping them awake. Jake is such a mummy's boy too, bless. He wakes up and it's always "MUMMYYYY!". Never shouts Daddy, lol. It was Neil's turn to get up with them this morning though so a little lie in for me :) we went and had a look at a room in a social club today, we're trying to find a venue for our wedding 'reception' in the summer. We're getting married abroad but planning to have a party back here when we get back. Just need to hurry up and book somewhere now. We weren't sure about the room we saw today, it's a good deal and we can get the room free but I'm not convinced the room is big enough and the place is a bit far out from everyone to be honest. Oh well this week will sort out a couple more places to look at next weekend.

So it's Sunday night already and I'm feeling my usual stress! I'm hating my job at the moment so I dread Mondays. Half term this week too, I wish I didn't have to work and could spend it with the kids. Oh well I'm going to go and have a soak in the bath in a min and chill for a bit. I've just been for a run, I've not managed to get to the gym again this weekend so I felt like I needed to do something. I did 1.5 miles so not too bad! A little of that was walking but mostly running.

Food this weekend -

Yesterday (Saturday):
Breakfast
2 x small slices wholemeal toast (HEXb), 2 tsp Nutella

Lunch
None, but went for a skinny Hazelnut latte with Lilly at Costa (HEXa and 2 syns)

Dinner
Sticky BBQ ribs, SW chips, fried (frylite) egg, peas, pineapple

Not even sure what the syns were in the bbq ribs and need to check what the Nutella was as I can't remember! I also had a bit of ice cream and a handful of Maltesers in the evening. I'm finding though that I'm actually OK having a 'cheat day' each week when I don't pay too much attention to syns and still manage to lose weight as long as I stick to plan for the rest of the week. Why this is I don't know, whether I'm just lucky or whether it's maybe something to do with the fact I do more exercise, I'm not sure. I know that essentially it means I'm not really following SW properly but to be honest if this way works for me then I'm happy with that and I'll carry on like this. Obviously if I find I get to a point where I'm not losing weight then I will need to look at it again and maybe drop the cheat day but for now I'm happy to see how it goes like this and see if it carries on working.

Today (Sunday):
Breakfast
2 weetabix, milk (HEXb and a), banana
cup of Highlights hot choc - 2 syns

Snack - slice of maltester cake (oops) - no idea on syns so I'll say 8!

Lunch
None, was still full up on cake! Had a couple of doritos, I'll say 2 syns.

Dinner
Went out to Harvester with family, I had chicken breast, mash, peas and Jack Daniels sauce. Chicken etc was free but I know the mash has butter in it and obviously sauce isn't free either so I'm going to guess about 6 syns. I had diet coke so that was OK.

I fancy a sandwich for lunch tomorrow so going to try to keep breakfast free rather than using HEXb, so I can use that for bread instead x

Ah here we go, I worked out how to add pics.. so here's Lilly very happily finishing off the cake mix lol. Then yesterday in Costa.
lillycake.jpg lillycosta.jpg
Then one of me earlier with my littlest, Jake (can't leave him out lol)
jakeooga.jpg

Hmm not sure why the pics are so small but I think they go bigger if you click them x

Sounds like u had a lovely weekend! And if cheat days work for you then good on you..i have them too! They help me stay on track.

We had a ' home' reception too! It was good fun.

Your kids are beautiful. Take after there mummy!

Hope tomorrow goes ok with work. I sometimes hav bad times. Other days are good but some not so good! I guess we hav to remember why we go! X

You sure have made some gorgeous bubbas! So cute!

I have my little sister on Wednesdays after school as my mum works late and I have her all day this week, she has asked to make a carrot cake and pizzas! I was going to cheat and buy a carrot cake mix but I thought it would be more fun to make it from scratch, that way it will be a bit more exciting and waste a little more time (I'm sick of watching hotel Transylvania and frozen! Every week lol) I'm going to get some decorations for a practice run for an Easter cake if she wants to one on half term (her birthday is on Easter Sunday) so I'm sure she will enjoy that. We are taking her to build a bear and the zoo for her birthday! My mum is taking her to a show up London and to the aquarium, spoilt missy! Lol. I'm sure making the pizza will be fun! I can't wait haha xx

Sounds like u had a lovely weekend! And if cheat days work for you then good on you..i have them too! They help me stay on track.

We had a ' home' reception too! It was good fun.

Your kids are beautiful. Take after there mummy!

Hope tomorrow goes ok with work. I sometimes hav bad times. Other days are good but some not so good! I guess we hav to remember why we go! X

Thanks hun :) glad it's not just me lol! Hopefully this way will carry on working but like I said if I do stop losing then I'll have to ditch the cheat days! Nooo lol!

Oh did you? How long after the wedding did you have yours? We were going to do ours on 5th July so exactly a month after but now there's family that can't make it that date so I think we might do end of July now, oh well gives us more time to get money together after the wedding skinting us lol!

Aww thanks :)

Thanks, me too. I've been there nearly 7 years and it's always been OK and I work with some really nice people, it's just been a bit stressful the last few months and getting a bit fed up of it now. xx

You sure have made some gorgeous bubbas! So cute!

I have my little sister on Wednesdays after school as my mum works late and I have her all day this week, she has asked to make a carrot cake and pizzas! I was going to cheat and buy a carrot cake mix but I thought it would be more fun to make it from scratch, that way it will be a bit more exciting and waste a little more time (I'm sick of watching hotel Transylvania and frozen! Every week lol) I'm going to get some decorations for a practice run for an Easter cake if she wants to one on half term (her birthday is on Easter Sunday) so I'm sure she will enjoy that. We are taking her to build a bear and the zoo for her birthday! My mum is taking her to a show up London and to the aquarium, spoilt missy! Lol. I'm sure making the pizza will be fun! I can't wait haha xx

Bless you, thanks hun.

Aww that sounds lovely. Yeah, do it from scratch why not :) Ahh she'll love build a bear! I love the zoo haha. Bless, which zoo do you take her to? My little boy is 3 next month, trying to think of something to do with him. He is MAD on Thomas the Tank so I'd love to take him to Thomasland but I've looked up prices and it's sooo expensive, I really don't know if we can afford it what with the wedding coming up and everything! :( unless I can find some discounts somewhere xx

Bless you, thanks hun.

Aww that sounds lovely. Yeah, do it from scratch why not :) Ahh she'll love build a bear! I love the zoo haha. Bless, which zoo do you take her to? My little boy is 3 next month, trying to think of something to do with him. He is MAD on Thomas the Tank so I'd love to take him to Thomasland but I've looked up prices and it's sooo expensive, I really don't know if we can afford it what with the wedding coming up and everything! :( unless I can find some discounts somewhere xx

We haven't decided yet... The zoo is for my birthday too haha. Seeing as I can't go get drunk might as well use an excuse so I don't look too sad haha.
I'm sure you will, google it or go in your local travel agents, my friend works for Thompson and every now and then I've heard her mention booking a weekend away for people to things like peppa pig world or something? It's worth a shot! Or the paper might do some vouchers? X

Morning, how is everyone?

I didn’t end up going to the gym last night, grr! It’s half term so both kids are off school and preschool so childcare is always a bit all over the place in the hols. OH’s dad has them most days so I went and picked them up from there last night but then they said they may as well stay the night at theirs to save me driving all the way over there this morning before work so I had to get their stuff ready and wait for them to pick them up which wasn’t til about 9pm. So too late to go by then! I’ll have to go tonight instead.

I had a sneaky weigh this morning and WOW I wish I hadn’t as it’s currently showing a 3lb GAIN! Need to try and pretend I didn’t see that :( I need to stay on plan 100% now until weigh in on Friday and hopefully it’ll come back off but I don’t know. My 1stone award is looking quite far away again now, boohoo!

Thank you for all my replies on here, you have no idea how much it keeps me going and helps me stay motivated! I’m just at work now so will reply properly later :) xx

Food for yesterday:

Breakfast – 2 weetabix, skimmed milk, banana (HEXa and b)

Lunch – Mild curry flavour noodle deli box (1 syn), bbq chicken (0.5 syn), Mullerlight greek style yogurt (0.5 syn)

Dinner – Chicken stir fry (chicken, veg and noodles all free, had soy and garlic sauce so 4.5 syns)

Snacks – chocolate cookie (4.5 syns), half a bag of maltesers (4 syns)

Total syns = 15

Today's food:

Breakfast - 2 weetabix, skimmed milk (HEXb and a), banana

Lunch - Mugshot (free), bbq chicken (0.5 syn), Mullerlight greek yogurt (0.5 syn) with blackberries&raspberries (superspeed)

Dinner - Chilli and rice (free)

Snacks - Options hot choc, 2 syns. Jam dunk thing out of Graze box, 2.5 syns. 2 squares dark choc, 3 syns. Penguin, 5.5 syns

Total syns = 14

Last edited:
We haven't decided yet... The zoo is for my birthday too haha. Seeing as I can't go get drunk might as well use an excuse so I don't look too sad haha.
I'm sure you will, google it or go in your local travel agents, my friend works for Thompson and every now and then I've heard her mention booking a weekend away for people to things like peppa pig world or something? It's worth a shot! Or the paper might do some vouchers? X

Ah good idea my sister works for Thomson too (I used to work for them too lol!) so I’ll ask her :) will have a google and keep an eye out too, I know there’s sometimes 2 for 1 vouchers for Alton Towers etc so will have to look and see if there’s any for here too! I’d love to take him, it would literally make his year lol! Hehe I like the zoo too, I think I have more fun than the kids, not even ashamed to admit it hehe xx

Currently waiting for OH to get home so I can go to the gym! Ugh, someone give me a kick up the butt and make me go, really not feeling it tonight!

Well I did go to the gym last night, despite having a banging headache, the kids both having meltdowns and my OH trying to persuade me not to go! “Just stay in, we’ll lie on the sofa and watch tv and eat crisps” – yes thanks for that, really helpful! Arrrgh! I was so not in the mood but it needed to be done, I didn’t go Monday and I can’t really go tonight. Argh and then I’m busy tomorrow night and Friday night, this isn’t good, I need to try and fit it in somewhere! Anyway at least I got it out of the way last night.

I need a slap, I got on the scales AGAIN this morning *shakes head* they are STILL showing that 3lb gain. Not really sure how that’ll come off by Friday morning now :-( I really don’t know how I’ve gained that either, I wasn’t that bad at the weekend, in fact I ate less rubbish than the 2 weekends before that! We’ll see Friday but I’m not even feeling hopeful for a STS now let alone a loss. There was me thinking I’d get my 1stone this week!

Anyway today’s food:

Breakfast – boiled egg, Muller light with raspberries and blackberries (all free and superspeed). Cup of tea – free, milk part of me HEXa (not sure what else I’ll have to make the rest of that up yet), 1 sugar = 1 syn

Lunch – leftover chilli from last night (free), bbq chicken (0.5 syn) on wholemeal bread sandwich (HEXb), muller light (free)

Dinner – 2 x sausages (tesco half fat pork sausages, 2 syns each), SW chips, egg and beans (all free)

Snacks - banana, Malteaster bunny (8 syns)

total syns = 13.5

Last edited:
Hiya Hun, to try and get some of that 3lb off try drinking LOADS of water. It really does help! In the meantime, don't stress yourself out too much, if it doesn't come off this week I'm sure it will next week. You've done really well xxx

Hiya Hun, to try and get some of that 3lb off try drinking LOADS of water. It really does help! In the meantime, don't stress yourself out too much, if it doesn't come off this week I'm sure it will next week. You've done really well xxx

Thanks hun, I'm so rubbish at drinking enough water as it is but I'm trying! can't stay out of the loo now lol x

Back