Starting again - need to do this for my wedding!

Arrgh, so I've been rubbish at updating this week. I really can't remember my food for all week but I have definitely stuck to plan 100%. I have been having less syns too as I didn't feel like having any chocolate treats in the evening for a few days as I couldn't taste anything anyway, I know for a couple of days I only had about 7 or 8 syns each day.

That sausage pasta on Monday was yum, I'll definitely be doing that again!

I've been trying to vary my breakfasts a bit this week too. I bought some hifi bars online so I've been having them as my HEXb some days. I know one day this week I had a peanut heaven bar (HEXb) and a fat free greek yogurt with honey (1 syn) and then a milky coffee/latte as my HEXa. Another day I had the same HEXa and HEXb but had a banana instead of the yogurt. I found that was filling me up quite well. I was finally starting to get bored of weetabix, lol!

So weigh in today, I have lost 1.7lb (actually 1.75 but the stats thing on here won't let me be that exact lol so I'll just say 1.7). I'm quite happy with that, considering it's time of the month so I never lose much when that's here, plus I haven't been going to the gym again this week :( as still been feeling too rubbish (I'm dreading it when I go back and I try to run again, I'm hoping this hasn't undone all my hard work!). So that's quite good really. I've lost 1st 2.2lb now so I've got 9.8lb to go til goal. I think if I carry on losing as I have been doing (which seems to be about 1-2lb per week) then once I get to goal (9st 7lb) I might even push it a bit more and aim for 9st. Who knows though, I know the more you lose the harder it is to get off and I seem to remember last time I got to my goal weight (before I put it all back on again, grr) it was quite hard to get those last few lb off. But we'll see!

It was the first March weigh in too so that's 1.7lb off my 6lb March challenge!

Will add todays food and catch up on diaries soon x

Oh my life I have been really really bad at coming on here and updating! Just had so much on recently. I can’t seem to stay awake in the evenings at the moment either! Gets to 9pm and I can’t keep my eyes open, how rock and roll am I!

Right well I made the mistake of letting Neil do the food shopping at the weekend so all the stuff in the fridge/cupboards isn’t entirely SW friendly unfortunately! I’m doing my best to keep on track with what we’ve got though. He did try to be fair – he knows chicken is free so he got fajitas as one of the meals for the week – unfortunately he didn’t realise the wraps are pretty high in syns! I only had two wraps though, pre-SW I would have had at least 4! He’s also bought pies for dinner one night so that’s going to be another high syn day. I’ll probably just eat half of it to be honest!

As usual the weekend was a bit naughty but as I’ve said, I do still seem to lose as long as I’m good all week and stick with the gym etc. I went to the gym Monday night and will be going tonight but yesterday was my little boy’s birthday so I wasn’t completely 100% on plan yesterday either. Arrrgh I’m not going to lie I may as well be honest lol! We had a sausage and egg batch yesterday morning (silly me not having time for breakfast so then grabbed this while we were out!), we had our appointment at the registry office to sort out our CNIs for the wedding – I was mega stressing as we had to make sure this got sorted so that we can legally get married! So I was in a big rush and had that naughty batch on the way! Then after that appointment we had a child free hour or so before we had to pick Jake up so we went to Costa. I had a skinny hazelnut latte so not too bad as treated it as my HEXa (and 2 syns for the syrup etc) but oops – I also had a piece of chocolate tiffin with it.

I wasn’t too bad for the rest of the day until dinner, Neil had got bolognese pasta bake for dinner so this probably had quite a few syns in it too! So as you can see I’ve not exactly been very good so far this week! I’m hoping that with sticking to plan 100% now and going to the gym I can still get a little bit of a loss on Friday but we’ll see – I know I haven’t been great at all this week so I can hardly be too disappointed if I do get a gain. Obviously I really hope I don’t but we will see! If I do then will need to just draw a line and start afresh next week!

Today’s food:

Breakfast – cup of tea, 1 sugar (1 syn), milk part of HEXa). 2 weetabix (HEXb), banana (sf), milk (rest of HEXa)

Lunch – Batchelors deli box (noodles) mild curry – 1 syn. Tesco snack pack bbq chicken, 0.5syn. Cherry mullerlight (free) with raspberries, strawberries, other mixed berries (sf/ss)

Dinner – I think it’ll be chilli tonight, I was a bit low on spices but have just had a walk to Tesco on my lunch break and bought some more chilli powder etc so that should be fine :)

How is everyone doing? Like I said it was Jake’s birthday yesterday, I can’t believe my smallest ‘baby’ is now 3! I’ll add a couple of pics in a little bit. He had a fab day anyway and we’re taking him to Thomas Land in the next couple of weeks, he’s obsessed with Thomas so he’ll love that! We got our CNIs sorted yesterday morning, they have out notice of our marriage up on the noticeboard so now we have to see if anyone objects, arrrrgh! Scary or what! We had to go in to the room separately and everything, it was all a bit nerve-wracking, lol. I just need to go and collect the CNIs on 28th March now and get them sent off.

I am going to try and have a catch up on diaries now, sorry again for disappearing! xx

I also meant to do a little exercise update. I mentioned before about how at the beginning of the year I was hopeless at running and could run for about 1 minute before having to stop - lol. And I said I was trying to buold that up and I'd love to be able to run 5k - that's my goal for the summer anyway! So each week I've been increasing the time and once I got to 1k I've started looking at distance rather than time. I upped it to 1.5k a couple of weeks ago but then I've not been at the gym much what with feeling ill etc. But anyway, on Monday I went and managed to run 2k! So I was quite pleased about that.

I really need to work a bit more on toning now too - I remember when I started this diet I said something like "I want to lose weight, even though I'll never wear a bikini again" - however now I've actually lost some weight I've realised my tummy isn't half as bad as I actually thought it was (it's not brilliant after 2 kids but there's definitely some improvement) and I think I might actually be brave and buy a couple of bikinis soon ready for when we go at the end of May!

So my main focus is my tummy but also need to work on bum/legs etc too. At the gym I usually do half an hour of cardio (cross trainer, stepper, running on the treadmill) then I go on the weight machines, but I've decided to try and do a bit of floor work too as apparently this can be a lot more effective than the machines. I'm not really sure what the best exercises are though so any advice would be great if anyone knows! I know planking is a good one, I've been trying to do that and I can do 30 seconds so far LOL - how many of those should I be doing? What else is best for toning the tum - just normal crunches?

Anyway will stop waffling now! xx

I do scissor legs, basically I lie on my back both legs in the air, and lower one leg to the floor slowly, without touching the floor and then back up and then the same with the other leg.

You'll definitely feel it working.

I do scissor legs, basically I lie on my back both legs in the air, and lower one leg to the floor slowly, without touching the floor and then back up and then the same with the other leg.

You'll definitely feel it working.

Thanks, I tried this at the gym last night and god you really can feel it can't you! Ouch! :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hi hun,
I wondered where you had been.
Yay you go girl with the exercise :) And think positive...YOU WILL GET IN YOUR BIKINI!!
I've started doing a few sit ups and crunches each day just to try and flatten my belly a bit in time for my holiday.xx

Good for you, how are you finding it? I'm always worried I'm doing crunches wrong! X

Argh well yesterday went completely wrong too. Got home and made the chilli then realised there was no rice, I was so sure we had some! So ended up having wraps instead which we all know the syns are ridiculous :( weigh in tomorrow and I'm not feeling very hopeful!

On the plus side I ran another 2k at the gym last night, I'm going to try to up that to 2.5 next time I think. Plus 10 mins on the stepper and 10 mins on the cross trainer so hopefully that burnt a good few calories off!

Oh well we'll see tomorrow... Will add today's food in a bit x

Good morning hun,
I hate it when that happens! I had the same yesterday with chilli powder, I had enough left to make myself some chilli rice for lunch but when I had the cupboard disaster it all went on the floor so no chilli rice :(
I'm sure your run last night will have taken away the extra syns from the wraps so hopefully you'll be ok tomorrow on the scales.
Hope you have a good day.xx

Good for you, how are you finding it? I'm always worried I'm doing crunches wrong! X

The crunches are ok, it's the sit ups that are a killer. I'm going to mix it up a bit today and do a few other exercises like the plank and maybe some kind of leg and arm stretch ones. I really want to get my stomach down a bit for my holiday so if this is what I have to do then I will be doing it for the next 4 weeks if it kills me!!xx

The crunches are ok, it's the sit ups that are a killer. I'm going to mix it up a bit today and do a few other exercises like the plank and maybe some kind of leg and arm stretch ones. I really want to get my stomach down a bit for my holiday so if this is what I have to do then I will be doing it for the next 4 weeks if it kills me!!xx

Keep at it hun. It's a killer but will all be worth it in the end :) xx

Arrrgh, I've gained 1.7lb - so I've basically gained what I lost last week. Oh well it's not exactly a shock and I know it's my own fault so I need to get back on track now and get it back off next week! Oh dear not looking good for my March challenge now though, grr x

Good morning hun,
Shame to hear that you have gained this week :( But atleast if you know the reason why, you know what you need to do next week to lose it. Stick with it hun and you will get there. My March Challenge isn't looking do-able either, I think I set it far too high but never mind, just got to keep motivated and we'll get there in the end :)

Good morning hun,
Shame to hear that you have gained this week :( But atleast if you know the reason why, you know what you need to do next week to lose it. Stick with it hun and you will get there. My March Challenge isn't looking do-able either, I think I set it far too high but never mind, just got to keep motivated and we'll get there in the end :)

Thts not too bad. It could be muscle remember ( annoying when people say that isnt it!)

I know it could and probably is. When I look in the mirror I can see a difference so maybe the mirror should be my friend more than the scales. And yes it is annoying but I say it to people all the time, lol!!xx

Have you ever used a tape measure? Try use that alongside. If youve gained on tbe scales but lost cms or inches..then happy days!

Back