ProPoints Starting again - struggling with depression eating

gracie83

Ok this is my starting commitment. I have just done my final chocolate binge. I am so tired of binge eating. I am tired of the anxiety of binge eating and making sure I am not caught by my husband. I am tired of stressing about how much chocolate/crisps/sweets I have in the house - I am anxious if there is food remaining until I have eaten it all and then I get anxious that there is no food to binge on! I am tired of feeling sick after a binge. I am disgusted that none of my clothes fit and how horrible I look.

I had done really well. I lost 5 stones and I was a gold member for a year and I maintained really well. Then my depression creeped up on me again and I tried a new type of antidepressent - the tablets caused me to start eating and eating. I stopped the tablets because of this and went back on my old antidepressents (which I don't think work well for me). I could not curb the eating, my depression got worse and I stopped exercising. Now 9 months down the line I am 3 stones overweight feeling sick and miserable.

So here I am back on weight watchers. I did look at the new plan but when I started planning, I just did not like the changes so I am going to go back to the pro points because it worked so well for me in the past. Mentally I have no idea if I am in the right place to do this however I have no clothes that fit anymore and no cash to buy another new wardrobe. I am so fat. I am giving my husband my bank card so I cannot buy anything when at work. I have a deadline of seven weeks before a family holiday. If I can keep the anxiety and depression eating at bay I am hoping to be at least a stone lighter for this holiday (which would get me back in my trousers!) I have also signed up for home versions of classes I used to do in the gym (I don't like the thought of being obese and in the gym - I felt uncomfortable when I was a 'normal' weight). Just need to get the motivation up now. It is so difficult when you feel so tired and low all the time to really care.

Anyway starting again Monday morning. I wish my old weight watchers leader was still working - I could really do with one of her pep talks right now 'getting back on it like a car bonnet' being a regular!

I am so glad these forums are still here so I can check the pro points of food while I get back up to speed again. I wish the online scheme gave the option to do the older plans not just the latest plans.

Hiya,

I found your post very poignant to read, I am a recovered binge eater and have been nearly 6 months binge free with WW PP, if I can do it, anyone can!!!! How has your first week on plan been? Will your WI be on Monday?

X

Back