Starting Again!

Lightning86

Hello Everyone!

Well I have decided to start my weight loss journey again!
I did quite well the first time til I had some rather bad news that set me back to my old "Friend" food!
But no more!

I think I have an idea why I failed and how to correct this! Rather than turning to food in future I am gonna turn to my new friend Kindle!
I have one of the Amazon Kindles and find it a very good way to take my mind off food and really get into a book!

Also gonna get my Wii Fit Plus set up! and start walking to and from work! which is 15 mins each way, Down hill there and up hill home!

I have also decided to avoid as best I can the dinner at work! Which is rather hard as they tend to be pretty good but also very fried and full of fat!

Also need to work on my sleep pattern as thats rather bad at the moment!

How many hours sleep do I need a day?
Also need to get more water inside my body as I have been quite sleepy and tired throughout the day and someone told me that could be due to lack of sleep and lack of water!

I think avoiding the food at work is gonna be hard but I think if I stick to the veggies with a bit of gravy on that will be rather nice! And avoid them naughty fried food!

Maybe for breakfast just have some toast at work rather than the fried food they do!
(I work in a Care Home)

I've also bought a book on my kindle on how to boost self confidence cause I have a feeling thats also why I am turning to food!

Also got myself a Stepper machine which simulates going climbing steps kinda, I was told these are quite food to watch T.V and just get on with :)
I sadly don't have room for a rowing machine or treadmill so this is best I could do :( will it help?
Hoping it will get my legs stronger and get used to exercise so I can go onto jogging etc

Any advice would be fantastic!

Current Weight - 215.0
Mini Goal 1: 200
Main Goal: 165

Thanks!

I can't speak for others but your better posting in the low calorie or calorie counting forum. I came across this by accident but seen your wee sad face so didn't want to read and run.... 6-8rs per night is what is advised sleep time, preferably 8. Hope all goes well for you. Xx

P.s. I think your stepper in front of tv with your fave tv programme, soap or music channel and you'll soon be melting those lbs.... you certainly sound very motivated and as this is the time of year for new year resolutions is there anyone in work that could be your diet buddy? Or someone that you could ask to keep you on the straight n narrow at work? Xx

hey lightning86 fancy having a go at this together! I weighed in this morning and ive gained 1st 4lb (god thats bad!!) since March 2011, so id really like to get this off asap.

i just got a kindle for xmas & I think your idea of using the kindle to steer away from food is a good idea.

i also need to drink more water & increase my exercise. i drink a lot of tea but not 'water' water.

what do you think? what day do you weigh? im going to weigh fridays and maybe mondays too (twice a week is an improvement for me from someone who used to weigh every day)

xxx

I too would love to join in the challenge. I am off to buy my kindle today (after Months and Months or putting it off or saying I prefer books - time to bite the bullet). My game starts on Monday.

Binge free, healthy eating with exercise. I am aiming for 7lbs each month for 6-7 months.

Let the challenge commence!

Great!
I will set up a challenge group under the Challenge section of the forum later today :)
Will take in what you both have said and makes something custom and friendly towards out daily lifestyle

Thats if your both interested?

I too am on a mission to turn to books rather than food this year. Lord knows I have enough of them to get through and I find when I get into a good book I forget everything so I'm hoping food cravings can be kept at bay too.

I don't drink enough water either. I do drink lots of tea and coffee but I don't think that counts. If you get a challenge set up I will definately join.

Back