Starting Again :)

-Tally-

Silver Member
I started my weight loss last year, January 2nd 2011 and lost 6 and a half stone in 8 months by doing Slimming World and then calorie counting.

I kinda stopped counting anything back at the end of September, not sure why really, just couldn't be bothered.

Not actually posted here since July so thought it was time to get back on track after my 3 month hiatus. Luckily I've not put on much at all in those 3 months....I didn't go completely wild and start binging, just stopped counting and allowed myself more treats. Am not weighing in until Monday but am not expecting a massive gain, last time I looked I was +4lbs which in three months isn't too bad at all. All my smaller clothes still fit etc...so hopefully the damage won't be too bad.

Since I last posted here I've dumped my emotionally abusive and neglectful ex boyfriend (in July) and met a lovely new guy (in October). Am happy with life at the mo, starting a degree in Criminology and Psychology next month and am working with the NSPCC as a counsellor for Childline. Dumping the ex definitely helped in getting my life back on track, even more so than losing the 6 and a half stone...guess they both helped because I might not have had the confidence to get rid of him without losing the weight and feeling better in myself.

Anyway...enough rambling. Just wanted to say hiya to everyone and start the ball rolling for Monday 2nd Jan...my restarting date. Same date as last year and hoping for another good loss this year!

Am using MyFitnessPal so if anyone wants to add me, my name is the_missus over there :)

Last edited:
just google myfitnesspal and then click join :)

helllo and welcome :)
the weight you've lost is amazing, well done!
Good news about the ex-boyfriend, nobody deserves to be emotionally abused.. Glad you're happy now though :)
Oh and I love the Marilyn Monroe quote in your signature ;)
Good luck with your weight loss journey! xx

Welcome back Tally:) lovely to see you post again.Pleased life is going well for you.A 4lb gain in three months is brilliant:D Here is to a shrinking 2012 x

That is an amazing weight loss!!! You should be so proud of yourself and I know you will get to goal this year. Best of luck xx

Back