starting Atkins today!

angi

Well i have decided to take the plunge and start with atkins, after messing around with various other diets over the past five months (and lost 1.5 stone but still got 1.5 more to lose) decided i couldn't face another shake-starvation diet so atkins it is. i know this makes sense for me as i can get very bingey around carbs and when i did a low carb diet a couple of years ago my carb cravings went completely and i lost two stone and kept most of it off until i got pregnant and started eating carbs again. I am reading 'atkins made easy the first two weeks' and am going to do a pre induction week in week one (as going away this weekend) to ease myself in, then do three weeks of hard induction before my holiday to spain, so hopefully i can lose at least half a stone before my holiday. i'm planning on coming on these boards a fair bit to give me some motivation and tips from others. Started today with two boiled eggs and ham 'soldiers'. Gonna go to tesco's now to do an atkins-friendly shop! Will avoid the carb aisles like the plague!

Hi Angi and welcome:)

Today gone ok so far....had a scrumptious bacon and cheese and rocket salad for lunch. Some ham on the way home as a snack. now just roasting some gammon in the oven to have with a large salad adn some mustard. Glad we can talk about (atkins friendly) food on this site and not like some of the other forums when you can't mention food!
just hope the weight comes off - i have to lose at least half a stone before my holiday (in a month) but i have done low carb before and lost 2 stone in four months, although it did plateau a bit after the first stone. So hopefully I can do same again, although i'd be happy with a stone off tbh.

Good luck angi! Welcome... It's a really friendly place with lots of helpful folk! :)

Back