Starting Cambridge Diet at a healthy BMI

LifesDesire

Silver Member
Hello Everyone,

I'm thinking about starting cambridge diet as I have 1 1/2 stone to lose and blood sugar problems. My Mum's CDC says that the diet would really help to level out the blood sugar problems.

But my BMI is 22-23, I was wondering if anyone else has had success on CD at a healthy BMI?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

1 1/2 stone seems like a lot to lose if your bmi is already 22. Yes you can use Cambridge. You can only use step 2 or above at your bmi and your CDs shouldn't take you below 20 on your bmi. You won't lose as quickly as someone who is heavier and on ss but you will lose quicker than on other diets. As for evening out your blood sugar. Yes it will whilst your on it as it is very low carb but you have to maintain that by changing the carbs you eat from simple to complex carbs.

Hope that helps.

LifesDesire, I'm doing the same although my BMI is 24 and I'm tall so losing 1 1\2 stones should take my BMI to the 22-23 range which is as low as I would ever want to be, it was just under 25 when I started.
I have IGT and CD has really helped control my sugars.
I'm doing Step 2 for 4 weeks then working up the steps until I get back to normal eating again, currently on week 3 now and have lost 6lb so far which isn't much compared to others (or even myself the first time I did this a year ago, I overindulged at Xmas and Easter but kept under a BMI of 25, I had lost over 3 stone in as many months)

Back