Starting CD for the first time..............

Princess-S

Hi everyone, im starting the CD and im feeling VERY nervous! Nervous but excited!

Ive tried WW etc before, but never the CD.

Any advice / tips for beginners will be much appreciated :)

im starting Cambridge today too!! we can be diet buddies if you like?

my tip is to drink loads of water and eat crushed ice when you feel snacky to get you through the first few days which are hard xx

Yeah that sounds good! i'll need to get my profile all updated :)

Ive not actually started yet, probably will be Friday before i get to see the coach :)

How much do you need to lose?

Hello ladies!!! The biggest advice I can give you is be prepared for the first few days, nay possibly the while week! The first few days will be horrific as you're body goes through the sugar/ carb withdrawal! But perserve through the headaches, nausea etc! I had a porridge and tetra on my first day and I actually vomited, went grey and couldn't sleep and I thought what the hell am I doing to myself I can't do this! But... From previously reading I knew i just had to make it past the first three days at all costs!! fast forward two months, 34lbs lighter and I'm still here going strong! It's definitely the best decision I've ever made! Good luck with your journey ladies and remember to keep us all updated!!! :D !!

Hey There

Good luck and well done on making the tough decision to do this, my biggest tip is perserve, once you get past the first 5 days definitely you will feel much better and your first week loss always spurs you on!!

Keep yourself busy as well, lots of pampering!!

Good Luck x

Ive got my meeting tomorrow at 5pm - couldnt get a time that suited me today. Ive got a lunch meeting on Saturday so will be starting it on Sunday - im quite weirdly looking forward to it!

Also grateful for all the advice and support!

Welcome!

I'm on day 39 of SS+.

I've done SW before and RC. I lost weight on both diets but not as quickly as I've lost it on CD.

I'd say it's the hardest diet I've ever done but also the easiest! Contradictory I know! Hard because you need an enormous amount of willpower and determination to get you through the initial phase and easiest because you can't really eat much (nothing at all if you're doing SS) and so because you can't, you don't!

The worst side effect for me has been chronic constipation.

If you stick to it, your first week's loss will give you a massive boost and the incentive you need to carry on.

Best of luck x

WEEK 1: -9lbs :D
WEEK 2: -2lbs :D

WEEK 3: -2lbs :D
WEEK 4: -3lbs :D
WEEK 5: -2lbs :D
Inches: -12
(needs updating)

1[SUP]st[/SUP] mini goal: lose a stone in a month – done! :D
2[SUP]nd[/SUP] mini goal: get into the 9’s asap – done! :D

Hi, I started yesterday and am deep in the nausea and headaches. I keep thinking about just giving up, but then I read on here about how it only lasts a few days...

I am on day 1 and preparing myself for the next few ...... good to read others experiences though so that I know there is light at the other side :p

Hang in there. I hope to start soon and am nervous about that first week. You'll make it, reading posts it looks like it is much easier after the first few days. Be strong :)

Hang in there. I hope to start soon and am nervous about that first week. You'll make it, reading posts it looks like it is much easier after the first few days. Be strong :)

We seem quite similar, and have similar amounts to lose. Hope we can support each other :)

Aw thanks princess :) I'm waiting to find out when i start but wanted to get clued up before I started. This place is really helpful!

Aw thanks princess :) I'm waiting to find out when i start but wanted to get clued up before I started. This place is really helpful!

same, im meeting the consultant tonight and will probably start on sunday or monday once im all organised :)

Think I might try to start on a Wednesday or Thursday so that the worst days are when I'm not at work and Incan hide out for the weekend.

Well guys im really really disappointed.

I went to meet the consultant and because of my BMI i need to wait and get a signature from my DR :(

I know they need to be safe but i was so prepared for starting and im gutted now :(

Aw. Don't be sad. Reckon I'll be in exactly the same boat! Meeting my CDC for the first time Tuesday. Xxx hugs

Yeah im gutted.

Although its kinda reinforced for me just how much i want to do it!

Maybe you should try and get an appointment booked for the following day so it doesnt delay you?

Back