Starting CD With Not Much Weight To Lose?

Hi all,

well I have decided to switch to low-carbing for a number of reasons (money being the biggest factor)
Hope you dont mind if I hang around here a bit too- see how you are all doing.

Bren- hope you are having a good time

Dogtaninion- sorry to hear you have stayed the same- have you done your measurments are you losing inches??

Wannabe- good luck for WI tomorrow

SV- how are you doing havent seen you around for a couple of days?

Yes my measurements are coming down - loving the fourth pack!!! It was nice to be able to have a full pack this morning and something when I came in from work and know I can still have a MAM or something later.

Hi Wannabe10!
Wow - a stone to go! I am in the same boat, although my CDC has not mentioned ANYTHING to me about moving up the plans yet. I think her point of view is that I should do that at goal, but I have decided to move onto SS+ and then up the plans as mapped out in the booklet from next Monday...

What plan are you on and how are you finding it??

Congratulations on only a stone to go - it's a great feeling isn't it!
Ruth

I really do need to start measuring myself I think! Dogtanion, what plan are you on?
I am a little nervous about SS+ and have decided to start it on Sunday when I am at home, rather than Monday when I would ask for steamed fish and salad in the staff canteen at work...

Hiya Girls! I'm so sorry I haven't conrtiubuted for the last couple of weeks. Things have been hectic in my life to say the least.

The kids have started back at swimming, dance, guides, etc. I've started back at OU and I've also had a couple of weekends away.

I stopped CD after the 2nd week because I'd incorporated weights into my workout. That with the extra cardio I was doing was making me ravenous and I thought I probably shouldn't be in calorie defecit while doing this sort of exercise when already at a healthy BMI. I know I do still have some body fat to shift but losing muscle mass really did worry me.

Anyway, so here are the results girls... I gained 3 pounds but my measurements have decreased! :D
So I guess I've gained 3 pounds of muscle/water!

I was working at the London Tattoo Convention last weekend and all there was to eat was crap. I don't even wanna tell you some of the stuff I ate. :/ Anyway I thought I'd have gained a bit but I didn't so I reckon my metabolism is in a happy place at last. :)

I've decided now to just carry on with the extra exercise to burn that last bit of fat but I'm still being very careful with what I eat.

The best news however is that I had my consultation with an NHS plastic surgeon in Cambridge this week and I've been given the go ahead for a full tummy tuck to get rid of my overhang of excess skin.

It's been the bane of my life for 10 years and when in my deepest stages of depression making weight loss and exercise seem pointless because there's nothing you can do about stretched skin but surgically remove it. I can't believe it is soon gonna be gone (been told within 18 weeks) :D

So happy!!!

I'm sorry I haven't had time to read through properly and see what everyone's been up to but I promise I will do soon. Hubby's birthday weekend now. I'm having a Skinny Cow and not the cheesecake though! ;)
xxx

Hi everyone,

I hope I'm not too late in joining in with this thread!

I'm doing 100% SS. I'm currently 9.3 stone (started at 10.5) & my target is anywhere between 8.9 & 7.12 stone.

I've struggled A LOT with SS but from reading this forum, I think it might be because of my exercise levels (swim 4-5 hours a week, 3 hours a week with personal trainer + walk 2 hours every day).

This forum is a huge help for me as I'm in New Zealand & dont have access to a CDC. I buy my food from an Australian CDC but she's never asked if I've lost any weight or how I'm doing!

I struggle most after I've had an hour with my personal trainer.....but having read this thread, I think I could step up to 4 shakes a day on those days....

Any advice anyone has on controlling the cravings while working out, would be greatly received - thank you.

On a side note PoppyPoo, exactly a year ago I had a tummy tuck.....so if you have any questions, youre welcome to ask!

Charlotte.

Hi Charlotte and welcome to the thread.

Wow! That's a lot of exercise. No wonder you're struggling on SS. You're body needs carbs and protein on a regime like that. Does your personal trainer know you're doing SS? Your CD supplier sounds rubbish. If I were you I'd ask your personal trainer for some advice.

I'm no expert but from what I know, the amount of exercise you're doing should allow you to rapidly burn fat and increase your muscle to fat ratio without even being in calorie defecit. And SS puts you into extreme calorie defecit. This can be extremely dangerous being as active as you are. Especially in the swimming pool. You could also be slowing down the fat burning process because your metabolism will slow down if your body goes into starvation mode.

I have a good CDC and when I was on 810 and 1000 she advised me not to be too active.

Your body needs fuel. CD supplements give you your daily vits, etc but not the fuel your body needs when you're really active. You must be literally starving.

When you've exercised your body tells you it needs fuel. If you feed it the right type of fuel (fat free/low fat/high protein/the right type of carbs) your body will still burn fat.

I got off CD 1000 because I couldn't even cope with 30 mins a day cardio and 20 mins of weights 4 times a wk. I reached a plateau and even gained a couple of pounds but still carried on shrinking so it's not fat. This experience has helped me a lot in that it has killed my weighing obsession.

Please do seek some professional advice. If you really want to do CD I think you should probably be on the 1500 a day plan or if on a lower step you would need to cut down your exercise which seems absurd if you're really into it and fit enough to cope with the level you're doing.

Hope I'm not sticking my nose in too much but I felt really concerned when I read your post. Especially because it appears that in NZ, AU, etc. there seems to be a lack of proper support with CD and if not used correctly there can be health risks. I'm hoping a qualified and experienced UK CDC will come along and answer this.

Good luck hun.
xx

Hi Poppypoo!

Thanks for your advice, the idea of going up a few calories does appeal....so maybe I should do 4 shakes every day....

Surprisingly I havent experienced any problems. I havent felt dizzy or weak at all. The only thing I find is it's really hard to get up in the morning - but that's probably because the only time we have to walk is at 6am!

My trainer doesnt approve of VLCD but she's stopped saying anything since I began melting in front of her eyes! I did 15 weeks of 1200 & 1500 cal (not CD) and lost 9lbs. After that I switched to CD & lost more than that in the first 2 weeks! Every time I weigh she predicts a plateau for the next week or thinks that I'm going to 'fall off the wagon big time" but it hasnt happened yet & I dont have much further to go.

Even though the CD is sold over here the service & support seems to be non-existent. Hence this website has been a real blessing. Oh 7 when I asked the CDC about exercising on 100% SS she said "exercise is fine - but it does make you more hungry".

I am on a mix of ss with 4 packs even though I am 5 5, cdc suggestion to get things moving and ss+ with green and white meal.
sorry been away for my birthday - had a planned day off ish yest and think I have got away with it so far!!

Hi everyone! I'm back and with the flu.....

I have a really busy first week back at school this week and not sure how often I will be able to post??

Anyways had a weigh in today for the first time in 2 weeks and very pleased to report a 4.8 kilo loss! so that's 10.66 lbs in 3 weeks. I'm nearly half way and hoping to be around the double this in 3 weeks time and would like to up my plan about then as this CD business is expensive and I would like to get back into a healthy/normal routine again with my approach to food you know the boring but reliant - food and exercise!!!!!

Hope everyone is doing well, b'days etc and losses!

Missed you all and talk again soon.

Bren
X

Thanks.

SV how are you going? How was your birthday?

God, really how is everyone?

Bren
X

Dani holiday was good although I did work at a carnival and caught up with everyone, food poisoning and the flu to come home with. Still I did loose 2.4 kilos over the 2 weeks. However I've found it very very hard to keep the water up since being back and as a result of depleting it over the past 4 days today I ate 1/2cup of mixed fruit and nuts and had some yoghurt and muesli. I wasnt even hungry!!!! but ate it anyway.

Drinking lots of water and hoping the damage will subside by Monday for WI......

Wannabe it went on really quickly and should go the same way! And lets face it this is life! Indulge a little and work it off then back to life and take it as it comes!

Bren
X

Oh so sorry to hear you've been poorly Bren - lots of water and hopeful it'll be damage limitation!!!

I have succumbed and moved up to 810 - soooo much food - but three weeks no loss means something has to change - was so nice to have a cup of hot milk when I came in from work!!! We shall see what happens at wi on Sun

Well had WI - happy happy happy - was utterly shocked today at WI - I have really struggled all month and only lost 3lb in four weeks :( But two things made me feel better today - I have just started the 810 plan on Friday, and since then, I have lost two pounds!!! But more shockingly in the light of my lack of movement on the scales, I have lost a whopping 4 inches off my waist, two off my hips, one of my thighs and one and a half off my arms!!!! Amazed!!!

So don't panic if the scales get static - get out the tape measure!!!!:D

Back