Starting CD With Not Much Weight To Lose?

Woohoo- wannabe thats great news- bet you feeling great today.

I am back to college tonight- glad it is evening class this year so I wont be able to go in the coffee shop.

Does anyone use ketosticks to measure ketosis?

hi can anyone tell me if im not feeling hungry will i still have to eat my cambridge sachet just im really not feeling hungry. please help its my third day and dunno what to do . becca x

Hi angelfx- YES still have your pack- it is important you do stick to the plan- I was having my last "meal" warm before bed if i didnt feel very hungry.

hi thank you for replying. i started to feel hungry so have just finished me chicken and mushroom soup. ill have other one before i go to bed see if it helps. is it normal to not feel hungry on this diet. and is it true if u drink more water u lose more weight. thank you for helping me
becca x:)

yes the joy of ketosis is that you don't feel hungry - it is a myth that the more you drink the more you lose - you do need to drink lots but as long as you are hydrated its ok - I drink 3 litres -

Yes I do use ketostix occasionally - if I have a gain or scales aren't moving - they aren't totally reliable, you need to do the first wee otherwise you can get a false negative result because the water dilutes them. They do help sometimes but I work on if I am cold (always) and if I have stinky breath in the morning -(more than usual) things are ok.

Angel- perfectly normal (i think) to not feel hungry- you may find you crave certain foods after a while but that is not hunger but more habit- thats what I found has been hard and I have hit a bit of a bumpy patch so Ifyou do find that happening- step away from whatever it is!!! Glug your water and stick to your packs!!

oooh SV sounds like you had a great day and were deservedly spoilt- think I may turn 30 again next year!!

Wannabe- i bought some sticks so will be trying then out - strugglng atm and need something to keep me on track. I will admit I had a funny image of you - till you added the hospital bit- lol- sorry I have a bizarre SOH.

Dogtanion- thanks for the advice will check in the mornings. I am always cold so no change for me. I have been paraniod about breath since day 1!!

Have a headach so off to bed now.

Hey Everyone!

How we all doing???

Well the reason I switched to Cambridge was to lose a good wee bit for a weekend away. Said weekend is next week and I had planned to come off and totally enjoy myself (cocktails,pizza and dancing, oh and some nice men hopefully). Yeah so was gonna stop the CD and go back to WW. I'm happy with what I have lost and have squeezed myself into a nice dress. The thing is I'm now thinking of doing CD for a wee bit longer, working up the plans etc but worried it might be hard to get back on after the weekend.

I know I should consider taking it easy over the weekend I'm away but I know it aint gonna happen...

Maybe try staying clear ish of carbs but drink lots (... of water!!)

Feeling rough today v v v constipated - scales gone up 2lb since sun and I've stuck to plan like glue - taken measures (euphamism for laxatives and glycerine bomb) hoping that helps x

Wannabe- I could have written that- planned on doing CD for two weeks to get into a dress for a party then switch to WW.

I was good on the weekend I was away because I decided to follow CD for a bit longer and lose some more but I have found it hard to stay motivated with no focuss in mind- day to day my clothes fit and I am pretty happy with how I look but I know I still could lose more and look better - iykwim-

I tried the bars the other week and that triggered a bit of off plan eating and I am finding it difficult to focuss back in- but I just take it a day at a time-

I was thinking about following the atkins plan and having my CD drinks as I really enjoy them-

Only you will know if you will be able to get back to it-If you think it will be hard to go off plan totally and reign it in stick to low carb foods and lots of water. Good luck with whatever you decide and have a lovely weekend

Dogtanion- oh no that doesnt sound good- do you take a fibre suppliment? Hope your Mearsures work and you feel better soon.

Well I start the carnival tomorrow girls and luckily the house I'm staying in can pick up a wireless internet connection!Not sure how often I'll get to post but feeling also very constapated and I've been pretty commited about 98%.

Bren

Hope your all well and look forward to catching up with you all soon.
XX

Well I start the carnival tomorrow girls and luckily the house I'm staying in can pick up a wireless internet connection!Not sure how often I'll get to post but feeling also very constapated and I've been pretty commited about 98%.

Bren

Hope your all well and look forward to catching up with you all soon.
XX
Yay Bren, great to hear from you! Hope you're feeling better soon hun x Enjoy the carnival, be as good as you can be and we'll talk whenever you get a chance to post! :)

Dogtanion I was like that last week, only lost 1lb and it was only my second week :(. Feel I have lost a wee bit more this week but will see on Tuesday.

Bren - Have fun at the carnival, I'm sure u will be fine :)

Greenygirl - This past week for me has been the easiest so far on CD and I havent even had any wee protein meals. I'm still due to come off plan next weekend then will hopefully go onto WW. Although thinking I may just do CD for a few more weeks and work up the plans

SV - Hope u had a good birthday night out, good luck wih the hangover :D

I am feeling sad as I have stayed the same this week. had no official WI but on my scales I am the same as I was last Sunday. I had a chat to my CDC and have decide to change from ss+/810 to SS+ with four packs - see if that changes things around a bit.
Bit depressed - only have 10 lb left to go so know I need to move things around a bit.

Back